xisto Community
BooZker

A World Without A Religion?

Do you think the world would be better?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sorry, I have had to vote yes. Many (not all) of the worlds problems, have fallen back upon we dont like somebody for some reason. I'm tired of being told im going to hell because i dont go to church. Im sure Jewish and Muslims are tired of hearing that to. Its simple, get rid of the common factor and the anger gos. How ever once you do that you find something else people will argue over, so you have to choose wisely on what you do. Never underestimate the power of idiots in a group. **cough** congress **cough**

I voted no. Without religion the world would be only scientific. The religion would essentially be science. There would be no real reason to be a good person, because in most religions people believe that being a good person will get you good things. If there is no reason to live, nothing after life to live for than people would be overall really depressed. Of course religious wars happen all the time. What about WW1 and WW2? You may say World War 2 was started because Hitler hated Jewish people, a religion. You have to remember though, he killed alot of people based on culture and appearance, not just religion. That war probably still would have occured even without religion. So you have to see how religion puts meaning in alot of people's lives and is overall a great thing.

Come on now, you know what i mean. Jesus will send Gays to hell. I have heard that so many times.

Yep, Jesus will send religious people to Hell too. What's your point?

I disagree because if Jesus was loving and forgiving why wouldn't he forgive people when they are dead? So the way this works is if your alive and you have no real proof and you don't follow him you will go to hell EVEN if you were a great person and loved everyone. So i guess Jesus really doesn't forgive everyone, does he? No, because if he did there wouldn't be a discussion about it ever. It would be, no matter what, Jesus will forgive you. There should be no ifs', but's, or, ors' about it. If Jesus loves everyone and forgives everyone why should that change when you are dead? Why should it change ever? Because my belief is they want you to believe in him and they will make you feel guilty if not. I think Jesus would be the person to forgive everyone and would be disgusted in people who tell people otherwise.

No one ever said Jesus would forgive everyone. Jesus didn't say that either. He said He'd save all who come to Him. In Luke 13:1-5 He says ALL who don't repent will all likewise perish. You want to see Jesus as the forgiving person who forgave the woman about to be stoned but not the righteous Son of God who chased the evildoers out of the temple. Before coming to Christ we are all children of Satan and under his dominion, whether you want to hear it or not. Jesus loved us enough to give us a chance for us to be freed from that, but if you reject it that's up to you.

Jesus didn't come to destroy the Law, God's judgment on the human race and how we should live, but to fulfil it. Jesus didn't come to give us freedom to live however we want to. He came to free us from our bondage to sin, what makes us unable to defeat our lusts, that we might live no longer to our lusts but to God. Jesus didn't come to forgive us and let us do whatever we want to. He came to draw us back to God that we might become new people who let our Father God who created us rule our lives rather then ourselves. God isn't mocked, someone doesn't say "forgive me, get rid of that hell stuff for me, now shove off." Forgiveness comes with relationship as we admit we're wrong and commit our hearts to changing and turning from our mistakes.

Jesus wants us new people who will follow God like we were created to do, who will turn from our evil ways to serve Him, so we can share eternity with Him. Whether you want to hear it or not, anyone who is unwilling to leave their evil ways and turn to God, doing good deeds befitting of sorrowful repentance at wronging God, is deserving of eternal suffering apart from Him, good for nothing but to be burned eternally. Many of the most religious fit this description. God may love us but He hates our abominable sins and can never bear to let us go on living in rebellion to His will. Jesus came to reconcile us by making us new people, not just by saying "ask me to and I'll sweep your sins under the rug." That's not how it works, we can be forgiven only because we're made new people who commit our lives and hearts to God, to changing according to His will.

Yep, Jesus will send religious people to Hell too. What's your point?

My point was that no matter how good of a person you are he will send you to hell if your gay.

OK and i read the rest of your post. I seriously thought Jesus forgave everyone if you went to confession. My bad. (by the way i'm not saying this sarcasticly. I really thought that)

The only thing that doesn't makes sence to me is why, no matter what, even if your the best person on the planet, you will go to hell if you don't believe in Jesus? I don't know seems a bit harsh. How would you feel if when you died Jesus wasn't real and you really thought that and the of Jimmy (fake god) was the real one and said,"You have been a great person, but you have heard of me before and you didn't follow me. This means you will have to go to hell." Let's just say you heard of Jimmy haha.

It's kinda nice not being religious though. I don't have to worry about going to hell. I am a good person because when i die i'm dead and that's it, so i try to make the best of it. That's my belief anyways.

My point was that no matter how good of a person you are he will send you to hell if your gay.

Well, if you really believe, then you'll know that homosexuality is a sin, just like any other, because it says so in the Bible. And then you won't want to be gay because you want to please God.

The only thing that doesn't makes sence to me is why, no matter what, even if your the best person on the planet, you will go to hell if you don't believe in Jesus? I don't know seems a bit harsh. How would you feel if when you died Jesus wasn't real and you really thought that and the of Jimmy (fake god) was the real one and said,"You have been a great person, but you have heard of me before and you didn't follow me. This means you will have to go to hell." Let's just say you heard of Jimmy haha.

It doesn't make complete sense to me either. God is a holy God, which means that he's perfect, and sin can't be in his presence. If there was no Jesus, then no one could go to heaven, because we've all sinner. But since Jesus is perfect, and died in payment of our sins, we can go to heaven if we believe that.

Here are some reads that can answer your question better than I can:

http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=capturetheirhearts&e=com

It's kinda nice not being religious though. I don't have to worry about going to hell. I am a good person because when i die i'm dead and that's it, so i try to make the best of it. That's my belief anyways.

Do you believe there's absolute truth?

Well, if you really believe, then you'll know that homosexuality is a sin, just like any other, because it says so in the Bible. And then you won't want to be gay because you want to please God.

See, although many say so, it does not say in the bible "being homosexual is a sin." Does it? If so where. It says marriage is one man and one women i know, but does it say being gay is a sin? I'm pretty sure no. Plus what have they ever done to God to deserve to go to hell other then liking someone of the same sex. Seems a bit harsh to me. That's one reason i'm not Christian. Not because i'm gay, but the "rules" are just so... weird.

Do you believe there's absolute truth?

I looked and couldn't find the definition of this. What does it mean?

See, although many say so, it does not say in the bible "being homosexual is a sin." Does it? If so where. It says marriage is one man and one women i know, but does it say being gay is a sin? I'm pretty sure no. Plus what have they ever done to God to deserve to go to hell other then liking someone of the same sex. Seems a bit harsh to me. That's one reason i'm not Christian. Not because i'm gay, but the "rules" are just so... weird.

" 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."
Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them has done what is detestable."
Leviticus 20:13

God created one man and one woman (Adam and Eve) to be together. He told them to "be fruitful and increase in number" (Genesis 1:28), which is one of the primary reasons for marraige.

Just because someone believes something doesn't make it true, right? What I mean by absolute truth is- if you believe that there's no God just because you don't believe it, does that mean there's no God for you? or God only exists because people believe he exists?

"Truth" is defined as: "the real state of things; fact; reality; an accepted statement or proposition." Some suggest that there is no true reality, only perceptions and opinions, while others argue that there must be some absolute basis. This being said, we can say that there are two diametrically-opposed beliefs related to absolute truth:
Either:

1. There are no absolutes that define reality. Everything is relative, and thus there is no actual reality. There is ultimately no authority for deciding if an action is positive or negative; right or wrong.

Or:

2. There are absolute realities, or standards, that define what is real and what is not. Thus, actions can be deemed right or wrong based upon how they measure up against absolute standards.

that's completely taken off of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I don't know if I'm making sense. Heh.

Just because someone believes something doesn't make it true, right? What I mean by absolute truth is- if you believe that there's no God just because you don't believe it, does that mean there's no God for you? or God only exists because people believe he exists?

Oh ok thank. Here is my answer:

I believe there is no God. If someone else believes there is a God that is there belief. I do not think there is a God, but there could be one and i have no idea because just like everyone here no one knows 100% what God is. I'm saying that i just simply do not believe it. There could be a God however, just because i do not believe that doesn't make it right. I do not think though that if i have been a good person and there was a God he should send me to hell because i have done nothing any worse then every common person out there. I do not believe because i have seen no proof. I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE SENDING ME THERE PROOF! I have seen no hard evidence. People say all the time,"What about gravity?" Well if you hold a pen up in there air and drop it what happens? It falls. Also if you drop a baseball and a bowling ball they will fall at the same speed. And lastly, you can do at anytime anywhere, on Earth, and the same results will happen. Show me how you can do this with God? You can't and that is why i don't believe in God. There could very well be one. And i have no problem with people believing in God. What i hate is when people send me stuff saying all this stuff about how great God is. It will almost always be one of the two outcomes too,

1. They are the same religion
2. They are not that religion and just throw it away or delete it.

Does that answer it? If there is a God i just do not believe in him/her/it. As simple as that. I can't believe something and make it reality. If there is a God i can't change that.
Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

I would say it would be much better, for the fact that all they do is cause drama and problems. They are always fighting about who is true religion and who the real god is, personal i see this as stupid.....they act like littles kids fighting over a toy. They cause wars, death, brainwash, hate, drama.....what more can i say. They do nothing good for the wolrd but cause problems and create hate against one another.

Everyone needs something to look forward to, but religion isn't always the best way to go, since it can cause holy wars, prejustice, unfair/unnecessary rules, etc.Note, I'm not saying that society should throw away ethics - that would just be moronic, but basing those ethics off of fairytales and having them woven with personal opinions (a hate of homosexuality, bestiality, etc. while nowhere in the Bible does it say that pedophilia is wrong, while pedophilia is a much more damaging sexual practice) only causes trouble.

That's dumb to say because my mom went to a catholic school and the nuns used to hit her when she did anything bad. Now she learned thats bad from her self and telling her self she would never hit her kids or let anyone else do it. She never learned that from religion at all.

Why is he called "the black"? I'm just curious.

Jesus WAS a real person. He was very nice and caring and peaceful. I have never met him so i dont know what his beliefs are on certain subjects, but if he is what they say he is in the Bible he would love EVERYONE and forgive EVERYONE. Not the everyone that some christians say. Not the everyone who is not christian and who is not gay and who dosnt forgive his sins. If he was the Jesus they say he is he would love EVERYONE. I believe he was the Jesus that loved everyone, no matter what.

Animals do not marry one another. They do not have marriage because marriage is something humans thought of. They have "mates" who they mate with to have children. If your asking for a certain animal that mates with others of the same sex i can tell you right off the bat apes do it all the time. They do it sometimes to show who is dominate, yes they have sex to show that.

1. I am not Catholic and wasn't in Catholic Schools but beating students was normal on that time everywhere : who become late, who become not neat who fail spelling and of course who did wrong actions. One time a teacher of mine wanted punish all class for some reasons by biting on hand some times by a ruler. I have refused since I haven't punished before and wasn't guilty in any. The teacher made strike [entering the class without being active] and that continued for week or so until he met my father outside the school who repeat my point of view. That mean beating in school 50 years ago was normal and not only in Catholic School. The teacher-student and parent -kids relations are different now. In fact there are questions of the results with street kids and I will not discuss it here.

2. The answer for the question why St Moses the black called the black is that because he was black in colour. He sometimes called the Ethiopian because he was a slave of a government official in Egypt who dismissed him for theft and suspected murder so he became the leader of a gang of bandits in Nile Valley spreading terror and violence until his repentance and became saint.

3. Glad that you said Jesus was very nice and caring . I repeat, yes Jesus loves everyone and call him/her to purify and abide the rules. I can give you a lot of versus but I am avoiding to quote from bible when i talk to public. But sometimes I explain or say what Christians, Muslims or Jews believe since I am familiar with these three religions.. God is Love and mercy but Just. That why Christian believe that Jesus came specially from a woman to receive the punishment of Adam sin to fulfill the Justice i.e. he loves us and suffer on behalf of the humanity to fulfill justice. That why they call that salvation [it was not political salvation]. Forgiveness is after repentance in this life.

4. I glad that you by yourself said animal do not marry and that is definition of human. That why we oppose gay marriage because marriage is between man and woman. Gay people can come with other name but not marriage.

5. At last you acknowledge that that there are no animals has homosexual cohabitation

If it happened it is causual and as you mentioned for showing who is dominate. Exactly for the human sometimes and somewhere. Also some countries used it as torchiering tools.

i don't think the world would be better without a religion, people need to believe in a greater beeing to survive,their faith helps them surviving to lots of stuff,it's really important. and besides,even if you're not religious when your are in troble you always call God or Al? or Buda,doesn't matter. i think we should learn that all religions are good and that doesn't matter the name we give to God,the important think to remember is that he didn't want us to figth,specially using his name to do it. all the religions try to preach peace,of course that are people that change and make a diferent interpretation and use it to do bad things but all religions say we should respect others even if they are different. so i guess the world wouldn't be better without a religion because we need it to live but it would be a lot better if people learn how to really live in a religion and instead of using their God's name to do bad things,use it to do the best they can for others and for themselves.

No, all religions are not good. True, some offer enlightenment and self-dicipline, but that can be acquired without religion. Religion means holy wars, crusades, cover-ups, and lots of fraud and lies.

True, some offer enlightenment and self-dicipline, but that can be acquired without religion.

That sounds as if everyone can acquire the same thing the same way as anyone. Not all methods work for everyone. But some, more than others. Religion seems to be the most effective way.

Religion means holy wars, crusades, cover-ups, and lots of fraud and lies.

No it doesn't. It means:

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

:):P

1. I am not Catholic and wasn't in Catholic Schools but beating students was normal on that time everywhere : who become late, who become not neat who fail spelling and of course who did wrong actions. One time a teacher of mine wanted punish all class for some reasons by biting on hand some times by a ruler. I have refused since I haven't punished before and wasn't guilty in any. The teacher made strike [entering the class without being active] and that continued for week or so until he met my father outside the school who repeat my point of view. That mean beating in school 50 years ago was normal and not only in Catholic School. The teacher-student and parent -kids relations are different now. In fact there are questions of the results with street kids and I will not discuss it here.

Yes, true. Are you saying that because they do not beat kids now that they are street kids? There was a study which i should not bring up because it is controversial and it will change this post, but it says why there are so many street kids now then there was before.

2. The answer for the question why St Moses the black called the black is that because he was black in colour. He sometimes called the Ethiopian because he was a slave of a government official in Egypt who dismissed him for theft and suspected murder so he became the leader of a gang of bandits in Nile Valley spreading terror and violence until his repentance and became saint.

That seems kind of odd though. Wasn't there a lot of black people where they were. I mean it's not like they were in Russia. They were areas like the middle east and africa. I'm not saying they were racist, but why would he be called the black when most of the people were very dark in color. Plus i would be pissed off and bring terror if i was a slave. Just like most places, you have to fight for freedom. It's not like you can just be,"i'm a slave and i wish it would change," it's not like that at all.

4. I glad that you by yourself said animal do not marry and that is definition of human. That why we oppose gay marriage because marriage is between man and woman. Gay people can come with other name but not marriage.

See that is not how i see it. I see it as a union between two persons. Plus if your in America isn't that blocking your LEGAL right of choice of religion? What if their religion was to marry someone of the same sex only? Just like you have to have certain shots to get into school, UNLESS, you religion says it's not right.

5. At last you acknowledge that that there are no animals has homosexual cohabitationIf it happened it is causual and as you mentioned for showing who is dominate. Exactly for the human sometimes and somewhere. Also some countries used it as torchiering tools.

Well yah, No animals get married. If it was a male and female or male and male or even a female and female no animals get married. Marriage was made up by humans.

This is slightly off topic, but i have just a couple questions:

1. Before Jesus died, in the Christian belief, did all people go to hell?
2. If God is so nice why did he create the flood to wipe everyone out? That seems more like actions of a Devil. No matter how you look at it, it was an evil action. Murder is murder not matter what, correct? It was not self defence. Plus, if they had free will why would it matter what they did. It was their choice. So in conclusion, no matter how you see this it will always be evil. Please don't say well Noah. told them because there is no way he could tell the entire world.
Edited by BooZker (see edit history)