xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cody

What Do You Do When You Love Two People? suggest me your relationship advice

First of all, all you close minded people, it is quite possible to love more than one person. The definition of true love in your mind is there from movies and society. I have loved two woman at the same time before. There are common reasons and different reasons as to why I love them. Love is boundless in every way, including who you love. ~P

I am also facing this situation right now, one is my ex-girlfriend who wants me back, and the other is a new friend I met about a month ago. I really dont feel like doing anything about it, mainly because I dont want to hurt any of them, and I feel like if I keep things the way they are, I can be friends of both of them. But If I pick one, then one of them is going to hate me forever. Besides I dont feel like being in a relationship right now, I have too much things to do at this point in my life, so I guess I will have to talk to them and let them know how I feel about all this.

Replying to Trap FeedBackerI'm in a similar situation myself. I dates this guy for a long time and we instantly felt deeply connected. I loved him more than I'd ever loved anyone. Through circumstances out of our control, we were forced to break up. We never stopped loving each other but we knew that because of the circumstances we could never be together. Well about 6 months back I met another guy who I also fell in love with. Now I'm in love with two great men and I don't know what to do. I feel dishonest to love both at the same time, yet picking doesnt seem to solve the problem. Turning one down and forcing myself to be apart from one of them breaks my heart as well as his. Either way I just can't seem to be happy. Leaving them both would rip me and them to pieces. I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Please ignore my poor spelling and grammer.-feedback by Confused

Replying to Trap FeedBackerI'd like to know what you ended up doing. I am in such a similar relationship as you are or were. Here I am, in love with this boy, which I had to leave for he was in love with his ex and I. So I moved on, one year down the road we always stayed friends, still flirty as always. And I met someone. I feel like he is my soulmate. That he is the one who will be carrying my children with me. But this old love fling is still always in the back of my head. Then a week ago, this old love fling tells me he is in love with me, and he wants to break up with his girlfriend. I used to pray for this kid to come marching into my life. I just didnt think it would be when I found someone else. So here I am not. Soulmate and Old flame that never died, so in like with both. I'm going crazy. SO CONFUSED. I could never leave either of them. At least not right now. -reply by Meghan

Replying to Trap FeedBackerSometimes when you have moved on and found someone else that's when another person comes along which I find distracting. Your ex in my opinion has not made his mind up, you can't be sure he'll stay with you, can you boldly affirm that he still doesn't love his ex(the person he said he was also in love with). I'll advise you to focus and take time to know this new guy. Pray for God's guidance and talk to those who really care about you. People like the former guy enjoy going in and out and as women we have to protect our hearts.

Loving 2 People

What Do You Do When You Love Two People?

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

I agree with this last post because...It is true...You CAN love two people...Love is so amazing it can't be defined accurately in one category and you can never even know what love is like from one person to the next.

But the part I really agree with is eventually you have to make up your mind & do something or eventually the truth WILL come out in some way or another and you will all be hurt. As that person also said, time does heal all wounds, and if you wait too long you might end up having to heal completely alone.

I am in a similar situation. There are 2 amazing people that I love and they each have their own logical reasons why they'd be best for me and they both love me...It's hard to quantify love..One of my favourite lyrics is by Ani DiFranco and it says: "What kind of scale compares the weight of two beauties, the gravity of duty or the groundspeed of joy? What kind of gauge can quantify elation, what kind of equation could I possibly employ? " It's from the song "School Night"...It sums up how I feel..Love is hard but it's the most beautiful thing in the world...You can revel in it but you can never own it anyway...So my advice is to keep your heart & eyes open, love freely, be as honest as you can, and let your heart & the unseen energy of life guide you...

-reply by FriggityHaChaCha

I love 2 men deeply & they both love me the same...

Replying to Cody

I too, am totally at wits end- for the past 2 yrs I have felt this way as I love 2 men deeply & they love me deeply too.

Its been so long- The one is from my past long term relationship & the other guy I met at work & started dating 2 yrs back (this was when I broke up with the first boyfriend)

I am now alone for the past 5 months as I simply cannot choose & feel like a coward- Also my life has come to a halt as I am in limbo all the time in life.

Can someone please share some advice with me or your experiances on how you dealt with a similar situation.

I am so depressed about this all' Thank-you...

-reply by Thameen

love between two people is possible?

I love two people.

I was in a 3.5 year relationship with someone and he did get caught up in his business and I felt drawn away from him, and tried anyting to get his attention back.

After 6 months of this he asked me to move out, and he wanted space by himself, as he did not appricaite the things around him and wanted to better himself. He was not ready for marriage, as it was booked, and we cancelled it.

One month after moving out, I mat my ex from when I was 16 (I'm now 24), and we had fun and he has shown so much love for me in the last 3 months, and we are to fly to Japan togther. I have shown him his dreams are something he can reach in life, and he did show me how to love more and how to express myself and have fun!

My ex has come to me and begged me to come back with him.He has changed and made a mistake..I see he has changed allot for the better, and will never put me 2nd to anything ever again. He wants to marry me asap and said sorry, and has tryed to make up with me.

I am in love with 2 men, I feel sick about this. I don't want to hurt either of them. I try to be honest as much as possible with them.

I try not to think about marriage at all now, as I think I am not ready after this horrible time I have had.

How do I make a decision?

-reply by beauty1

Replying to CodyReplying to leeleeleesearch your heart and find the best thing you like about the love them those. You love one them other if you sreach you deeply. Who is more reliable and dependable. May be the have someone on the side as well. He properly have three girlfriends. Trying find the right to love.And drop the two others. You can't go around hurting people. Hurt is something not to play with get real. You knwo what you are doing. Replying to leeleelee-reply by hurting to

I am in love with 2 people! Confused!

I am married. I have been married for 6 years and with my husband for a total of 8 years. He is the most amazing man, but I am in love with someone else. I didn't go looking for it, the other man was someone I met at work. He no longer works with me, however we kept in touch as friends and a relationship developed. We always seemed to have a special connection, a chemistry that was undeniable. I guess it started out as 'lust' but it is much much more than that now. I love him and can't imagine my life without him. But, I also can't imagine my life without my husband either.

The physical side of the relationship is much better with the other man. We are a lot more compatible sexually than my husband and I ever were. I know relationships are not just about sex, but it is important to me. I am a very passioante person.

I have just recently come clean and told him about my feelings for someone else. It has been the worst time in my life. He was so hurt, and I was the cause of that. It hurt me a lot to see him in this state and I wondered if I had done the right thing.

We are currently in a position where he wants me to stay with him and the other man also wants me to be with him. I am afraid of making the wrong decision. What if I have regrets either way?! I am so confused and uncertain about my future.

Any advice?

A confused Kat

In love with two people

I have a boyfriend who I love and I know he loves me back. Recently I have been talking with an ex-boyfriend and he is asking me to go back with him. He tells me he loves me and I love him too and I know this because I loved him when I left him. I don't know what to do, can anyone help me with my dilema?

-question by Sara

I wish I had an answer

I clicked the link to this webpage in order to find answers, but all I've found are a bunch of people in the same situation as me. It always seems to be the same case too: the first love, then the second, and then the first comes back and now you've got two.

I have been struggling with this for a year now. The two men I love are complete opposites. I am with one, and have been for the last year, but I'm always thinking about the other. It's awful, and I wish there was an answer.

-reply by lilly

Replying to MoolkyeNot true at all. I am in a very similar situation and I truely do love them both. I would die for them both, and I would kill for them both. Now if you knew me, you would know how much that says about how I feel about them.It is entirely possible to be compleatly in LOVE with multiple people. And trust me, I know what it's like to be in LUST with someone. You always know the difference when you meet them. If not at first then thinking back. That moment standes out either way.At least for me it does-reply by kuro neko

Replying to Trap FeedBackerOk I'm really pissed right now because I entered like a 500 word answer for you. It was really good! And then a mistake erased it all >.<Well here's just a quote about love: What is love?As an overwhelming, overpowering, dizzying, hormone-driven feeling of utter happiness and coronation of your self-worth, it is not. Its power notwithstanding, it is just a feeling; it is not who you are.Love, as an act of will, as a determination to care, to understand, to forgive, to defend all that is good, is a cure of sorts. If you are seeking a state of perpetual happiness--or at least a state of absence of pain--you are bound for disappointment; you are chasing a will-o'-the-wisp. But if you would like to know what it is to share the best within you with other people who desire to do the same, yes, love can be the cure.Back to me:A spiritual sacred combination of two people is marriage. And lust and best friend feelings might just be that: friendly feelings. Maybe he is better just friends with you. Sometimes when you're attracted to a best friend so there's a deadly combination of lust and friendship, it could destroy a marriage as you're willing to sacrifice your foundation with one guy to pursue a fairly symbiotic relationsihp with someone else? Are you attracted to this guy wholy and mentally but also able to leave your husband guilt-free? Like sometimes you think you're in love with a guy butmaybe its better to just be friends and keep it that way you know?Hope you have a great day, ma'am.admin reply----We apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through. :-|