xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
carlvskansas

Some Good Metal Bands

Seek and DestroySome Good Metal Bands

Metallica, Bullet for my valentine, Disturbed, Killswitch engage, slayer

these are some of the best ive ever heard but I still search for that one band that blows my ****ing eardrums out

I personlly like these bands but that just me

-reply by David Schultz

BOWLING FOR SOUP AINT ****ING METAL! NEITHER IS ****ING 30 STM!

Good metal band for me, is FIRST metallica, Then Pantera, then Slayer, Lamb Of God, Meshuggah, Machine Head, and Megadeth. : ) There are a lot more. But yeah Theyr my favies :) 

Peace x

-reply by Borris

Some Good Metal bandsSome Good Metal BandsEveryone is saying the same things, they're good bands not really here to reply to anyone else comment just put some other bands up some bands I love areChildren of bodom, Otep, Arch Enemy, Avenged Sevenfold (more of there older stuff), 8 Foot Sativa (a New Zealand band/ Destined To Be Dead, Cocktease are there best songs I reckon), All That Remains, Bloodsimple, Bullet For My Valintine, Cannibal Corpse, Carpathian Forest (Through Self-Mutilation is the best song of theres I reckon), Coheed & Cambria, Death, Deicide, Despised Icon, Dethklok, Dope, DragonForce, Drowning Pool, Dry Kill Logic, Dying Fetus, Elysia, Flyleaf (pretty mean band too), Godsmack, Hatebreed, In Flames, In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, Kittie (Pretty hardcore don't be deceived by the name), Korn, Lamb Of God, Marilyn Manson, Murderdolls, Mushroomhead, Pantera, Rob Zombie, I could go on for AGES as you can see, to many rad bands out there.Don't actually come on this site tbh, I was really on here to find to good metal music and then when I saw that there was hardly any answers I thought id put some up just in case if there are other people looking for good bands.For some reason I feel the need to put up my bebo URL idk why tho https://bebo.com/3EllaMXox-reply by Ellakins

Good metal bandsSome Good Metal Bands

Ok.

Hard Rock and Metal Bands: Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Five Finger Death Punch, Flyleaf, Godsmack(Personaly I don't like this band), Killswitch Engage, Korn, Metallica, Otep, and etc.

Heavy Metal and Death Metal: Suicide Silence, Amon Amarth, Opeth, As Blood Runs Black, Horse the Band(not Band of Horses), Impending Doom, Lamb of God, Devil Driver, and etc.

-reply by The Hunter

awesome metal bandsSome Good Metal Bands

These are the bands I listen to on a regular basis, ranging from metals to various death metals and hardcore metals

All That Remains, As Blood Runs Black, Arteyu, August Burns Red, Avenged Sevenfold, Between the Buried and Me, Bleeding Through, Caliban, Children of Bodom, Coheed and Cambria, Crooked X, Darkest Hour, Demon Hunter ( my favorite by far ), Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, Dope,God Forbid, Guns and' Roses ( not really metal but a classic! ) In Flames, In This Moment, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Metallica, The Outlaws, Protest the Hero, Seether, Shadows Fall, Slipknot, Skillet, System of a Down, Three Days Grace, Trivium, Underoath, 36 Crazy Fists

-reply by iGuest

I wouldn't exactly classify bands like Bullet for my Valentine as metal. I'm not saying they aren't a good band (personally I can't stand them), just saying that the mere fact that you like a band doesn't automatically make it part of a genre. I wouldn't call it metal, so anyone who is looking for a decent metal band, disregard the BFMV suggestions. Also, guys... Tool is rock not exactly metal.

Lets see, some good metal bands...

Death Metal: Morbid Angel, Caliban, Becoming the Archetype

Nu-Metal/Industrial: KoRn, Disturbed, Slipknot, Dope,  Nine Inch Nails, etc (some of these bands are good, but most are a dime a dozen).

Black Metal: Gorgoroth,  Cradle of Filth (gotta go far back to the beginning days to get the few decent songs this band did), Your best bet for this genre is to just type in Norwegian metal, and you'll get alot of God-hating bands who burn churches.

Doom Metal (NOTE: if you're looking for something hardcore, DO NOT listen to doom metal, it is slow, repetative and if listening to it in your car people will think you are angry, sad and lonely): Swallow the Sun, My Undying Bride

Classics: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica (hypocrites), Megadeth (mustaine still mad at metallica, even though his band sounds like them),  Iced Earth

Other: In Flames (older stuff is better, new stuff sounds like that gay screamo crap), Sepultura, Mastodon, Meshuggah (watch the video for 'Bleed'), Devildriver, Coal Chamber (only mention it because Dez sung for it)

Viking: Amon Amarth (these guys kick *bottom*; watch the music videos)

Your best bet for metal is just to hang out with people who like metal. You'll always find a new band. Go to a metal music channel if you have cable or satellite because they will play anything and everything (espeically if you have sirius).

Sadly, the only bands that were new to me listed in this forum were bands that AREN'T metal. 

-reply by Jared

hey dude I'm in to all kinds of metal ill list a whole bunch for yah! Necrophagist,Anthrax,Children of Bodom,Slayer,DevilDriver,Gorogoth,Dimmu Borgir,Mastodon,Knights of the Abyss,Slipknot,Cannibal Corspe,Cradle of filth,Job for a cowboy,Lamb of God,Arch enemy,Judas Priest,Iron maiden,Suicide silence... And the list goes on!

Embrace Darkness.

Some good metal bands are

• bullet for my valentine
  • slipknot,arch enemy

If u like hardcore metal :-

• as I lay dying,emmure
  • born of osiris
  • all shall perish

-Reply by underoath ftw !!

good metalSome Good Metal BandsId have to say that Children of Bodom are the best living metal artists out therre... Besides Metallica of course. The song Broken by seether is really good, but its not metal 
 -reply by Daniel

heres some good metal/hard

after the burial, acacia strain,american me, animosity, animals as leaders, between the buried and me, the black dahlia murder, beneath the massacre, born of osiris, burning the masses, the chariot, comeback kid, despised icon, everytime I die, the faceless, for today, the ghost inside,I got shot in the face impending doom, maylene and the sons of disaster, iwrestledabearonce, mychildren mybride, norma jean, oceano, oh sleeper, suicide silence, stick to your guns, the taste of blood, veil of maya, whitechapel, winds of plague

-reply by blast beatz and guitar sweeps

Ok there's only been a few good bands listed not all these are specifically heavy metal but around there.1. Killswitch engage2. As I lay dying3. Emmure4. All that remains5. Bloodbath6. Chevelle7. Children of bodom8. Chiodos9. Crossfade10. Drowning pool11. Godsmack12. Kataklysm13. Mudvayne14. Nile15. Puddle of mudd16. Saliva17. Scary kids scaring kids18. Seether19. Sevendust20. Six feet under21. Slipknot22. Static x23. Trapt24. Underoath25. And if you like some orchastral with somewhat annoying lyrics look for: within temptationThere you go=]-reply by ratman184

plain metal: metallica, pantera, morgana lefay, mastodon

death metal: nile, the faceless, death, dethklok, cannibal corpse, dethklok

thrash: slayer, nevermore, early metallica

black metal: Emperor, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir

power metal: Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Falconer, Iron Maiden (kinda, more plainmetal that planted the seeds of power metal)

random badass metal band: Orphaned Land

Replying to carlvskansas-reply by Zyndar

Metal MetalSome Good Metal Bands

Dude Metal. Check out Metallica (Not load, reload, or st anger), Pantera, Bullet for my valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Megadeth (Specially their new album), System of a Down (Their metal I think and if not their awsome anyway), Iron Maiden, Motorhead, As I lay dying, and Black Sabbath

-reply by metallica9750