xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
carlvskansas

Some Good Metal Bands

I listen to alot of metallike Through the eyes of the dead, Embrace the End, See you next tuesday.
and lots of stuff like that.

can someone shoot me some good metal band links

thanks!

i think bands like shadows fall, killswitch engage, all that remains, atreyu, as i lay dying are all awesome bands.

A lot of people think thrash is dead. And for those of you who dont know what thrash is, think metallica, megadeth, anthrax, slayer... Its basically about heavy palm muting riffs and playing at any speed (unlike other genres of metal) with shredding and slower solos aswell. And there is a lot of acoustic riffing and softer stuff involved. For me, thrash metal is the heaviest, most diverse metal there is. I do listen to other types of metal sometimes, but nothing does it for me like thrash does.Check out my 5 part video of my favourite new thrash metal bands - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ heres a list of all my favourite 80s/90s thrash bandsKreator, Exodus, Metallica (first 4 abums), Megadeth, Anthrax, Testement, Brainless, Annihilator (second album), Demolition Hammer, Exhorder, Channel Zero, Death Angel, Forbidden, Iced Earth (first 2 albums and fourth one), Artillery, Onslaught, Pantera, Prong, Sacred Reich, Sepultura, Violence, Ulysses Siren, Suicidal Tendencies (controlled by hatred), Possessed, Overkill, Slayer, Destruction,

These are some other good bands that not as many people will know about that you might likeSavage CircusXerathSymphony XTellus RequiemBefore the DawnDimmu BorgirDream TheaterFates WarningFirewindIced EarthMyrath For all you hardcore death metal guys, some of these might seem weak but I'm into good musicianship

There is ALOT of good suggestions on here. Alot of ppl like diffrent types of metal. and so do I . Some favourite bands of mine from WIDE genres of metal : MEGADETH,EXODUS,SLAYER,ANTHRAX,KREATOR,OVERKILL,TRIVIUM,NEVERMORE,PROTEST THE HERO(prog),MASTODON(my personal fav. ALL their albums are good, especially "CRACK THE SKYE" because its just so much different),KING DIAMOND(this is one of the bands that influenced megadeth,metallica,anthrax and even slayer),TESTAMENT. and a couple that are more progressive- PROTEST THE HERO,DREAM THEATRE,TOOL,BARONESS,KYLESA,NEUROSIS,HIGH ON FIRE,KYUSS. a few more that im not sure of genre like IN FLAMES(their stuff with less screaming) ,MACHINE HEAD,WALLS OF JERICHO,AS I LAY DYING,BURY YOUR DEAD,SIX FEET UNDER(if you like death metal). so theres a list of some metal bands. some i really love and some not so much. just check them out and see. The last row of bands i listed starting with machine head are more screaming bands, even walls of jericho has a female screamer. So whatever you like... you like, ALSO MAYBE THE FIRST FOUR ALBUMS FROM METALLICA, they are good album imo

If you'd like a new up and coming metalcore - ish band this one is doing some interesting things.. There is a chick bassist if you're into that, just throwin it out there because I know I am ;) Cheers!The River Red facebook.com/TheRiverRed

As a metalhead, this topic did some naughty things to me.....and some that weren't nice either. I noticed some people had mentioned some non metal bands (slipknot, 30 sec to mars, bowling for soup)....what the hell? Can we stay on REAL metal, please?
As for bands I'm into, the list is endless...but I'll try my best to give a top 5-10 per genre.

Thrash:
Slayer
Exodus
Overkill
Megadeth
Metallica (old)
Anthrax
Venom

Power:
Dio
Dragonforce
Iron Fire
3 Inches of Blood
Into Eternity
Hammerfall
Wolf
Lacuna Coil

Death:
Death
Cannibal Corpse
Arsis
Necrophagist
Behold...the Arctopus
Nile
Children of Bodom

Black:
Dimmu Borgir
Mayhem
Burzum
Behemoth
Vader

NWOBHM / old school:
Black Sabbath (Ozzy and Dio eras)
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Motorhead

Metalcore:
All That Remains
Unearth
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
Shadows Fall

Band whose genres I don't know, but still enjoy or I just haven't listed them yet:
King Diamond / Merciful Fate
In Flames
Opeth
Pantera (Phil is a jerk, though...I hate him)
Hatebreed
Dream Theater

I almost didn't check out 3 Inches of Blood, but when I heard Axes Of Evil, I fell in love with them. They're pretty good, and you have a good taste in music. I give you props to the music selection :D You might wanna check out Dead by April and IKnowAGhost if you haven't heard of them. But as I stated earlier, you have a good taste in music, and I'll recommend some of these bands. They're intense. Also had to love Iron Fire.

try Killswitch Engage, Slayer, Slipknot, Trivium, All that Remains,As i Lay Dying, Bleeding Through, Shadows Falls, Five Finger Death Punch, Rob Zombie, Children of Bodum i can keep going with so many more great bands but i will let u search more on that

best bands-asking alexandria,lamb of godcannibal corpsemetallicairon maidenblack sabbathdisturbedas i lay dyingdimmu borgir (look up other german/norwegian bands, they ussually have very good metal music)-all other bands suck

I listen to alot of metallike Through the eyes of the dead, Embrace the End, See you next tuesday.
and lots of stuff like that.

can someone shoot me some good metal band links

thanks!

^ Rage against the machine are a good metal band. LISTEN TO THEM! (RATM)