xisto Community
agentblade

Site Taking Too Long To Respond Message from Firefox

"Site Taking Too Long To Respond" issue has been resolved and It is caused when the service Apache on server is not responding to your queries due to reboot / maintenance. To solve this, Contact Web Hosting Support @ https://support.xisto.com/ At Xisto - Web Hosting, this issue should not persist more than 2-5 min.

1. Xisto - Web Hosting (web host sponsoring this site) uses Advanced ROUND ROBIN DNS (managed DNS solution)
2. Network is Powered by XO Communications and they employ Branded Server Hardware for tension free uptime!
Package Details

Xisto - Web Hosting: Logic XTREME - $9.95 mon. - $9.95 Setup. - 15 GB Space, 250 GB Bandwidth, 5 GB Corporate Mail Hosting - Hosted on Cluster, Powerful Round Robin DNS, Wild-Card Sub-Domain Setup.
Order : https://support.xisto.com/cart.php

I've just recently gotten my new host on Xisto.com but I found that I occasionally get this message

The connection has timed out

The server at enoch.trap17.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I'm not sure what's wrong.

I got this message numerous times already but it will be ok after awhile.. Is it something I did or is it the server's problem.

Thanks for all your help..

You don't tell use if you have a proxy or Firewall in place. Or have you eliminated them as possible problem areas? ie: have you made your site an allowed site under the Firewall software?The only time I have a problem with a Time-out error is when I leave my Browser on the Xisto for several hours while it is unattended and I am not actively refreshing pages or moving through the Forums, otherwise, I do not receive this error. And I don't mean to suggest there are never any connection problems here at the Trap. Yes, these are complex machines we are using, so there may be instances when they are faulty. Also, since your site is new, perhaps the path from you to the site is not cached along the Internet. Patience is a virtue. Give it a few days and then see if the problem persists.Another thing, it would help us if you were to include a link to your site which was clickable in the problem definition post instead of making us dig it out from the error message. Just a convenience thing. By the way, I had no difficulties getting to your site.

this is a message that I get with several websites when they take a little time to load in while using firefox. Usually refreshing the page once or twice clears it up.

I got to your site easily so, it might be your browser if anything else. If not, try inspecting your ISP info and such if it doesn't clear up. If it does, have some fun making a cool site.

thanks for the quick reply.. I'll give it time to see if the problem persist. Right now it seems like the problem has cleared.Was just worried that if this problem persists people that wants to get onto my site may find it frustrating.My site is in my sig btw.. sorry for not putting it in..

If this time out error message happens frequently, take down the time it happened and it's frequency (number of time it happened). I've been having time out when I'm trying to surf my site as well. This problem isn't solved still. Sometimes refreshing it 3 times doesn't help..I'm starting to think that it's our ISP problem, since we are from the same country. Otherwise it would be the server's problem.

ah.. will do..yeah refreshing does not help. Just have to wait it out.. but my friends don't know that, they might think my site is down or sth.. =(thanks once again for all your help..

I have this probem, but found refreshing the page a few times fixes this. The REAL problem is server side, if the power saving is active at al the HDD stops spinning, when a web request comes in, it takes a while for the HDD to spin-up and the system/pagefie to transfer - too long for the web browser.-theceaner

The reason for timeouts may be one among the following reasons,

Internet Connection :

The internet connection you have might be using some kind of a firewall or proxy. So, check if such an access restriction persists. Also, if you have a new firewall installed, check and make sure that , your browser is added to the exceptions list. Also, grant full outbound access to your web browser.

Cache :

This is one problem, i regularly encounter with my site . Often, i make changes to my site, and upload it. After i update it on the ftp, the changes does not get reflected when i view the url through my web browser. And the culprit here, is my web browser's cache memory.

You might have visited the site url before it was hosted actually. And as a result, it would have been stored in your cache memory. Try clearing your browser's cache. And then try visiting the site again.

Check with http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ name :

well, this might sound silly , (atleast for me) . But as a matter of fact,this works sometimes for me.

At times, i try accessing a site called http://www.galcomm.com/ and the site does not show up.

but, when i try modifying the address as http://www.galcomm.com/, it works just fine. I do not know the logic behind this , but that is the way i access a few sites .

Check through a proxy :

If you suspect that you might be behind some firewall, try using a proxy.

You can google to get a list of free proxies.

Edited by techclave (see edit history)

Hey, the first basic step you can take is that you can try to clear your Browser in the Cookie, moreover you say that you have been using a fire fox so when you have started your firefox you must have ennabled the option Import from Internet explorer ,If that is the case clear the cookies and the offline content of your internet explorer browser too.

It's probably more you and less Xisto. I get a few complaints about my site not loading for members. But in the end, it's their fualt because no webpages load up.More common if you have a forums, cause of data loading.

I've just recently gotten my new host on Xisto.com but I found that I occasionally get this messageI'm not sure what's wrong.

I got this message numerous times already but it will be ok after awhile.. Is it something I did or is it the server's problem.

Thanks for all your help..

i think it might be the internet connection; since that seems to happen a lot with me, with just sites in general, such as myspace,youtube etc, just refresh the page, it will fix the problem i believe, unless they put the whole site offline

Descriptive Title for Opinion/FeedbackSite Taking Too Long To Respond

Network TimeoutThe server at http://www.nsc.gov.my/ is taking too long to respond.The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.   * Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage?  Try again later.   * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.   * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?  Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.   * Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.   *please help me to solve this problem. Things that confuse me is some website can be access without problem example blog and google    

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords:

Site Taking Too Long To RespondSite Taking Too Long To Respond

I am using myinternet connection through my iPhone 2G through its tether mode by PdaNet tether software, but after getting the subscription it could not open many sights and the massenge comes on the screen is the same as above "

Site Taking Too Long To Respond"

and inside the PdaNet icon  it showas that ' trial Expired, PdaNet now limited to Http."

what should I do ?

Is there any other url through which I can access orkut, yahoo and such sights.

Kindly help me.

Parag

-reply by Parag