xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sxyloverboy

Problems After Changing Domain

Hi,i have recently bough a top level domain from GoDaddy.com and now I am having a few problems with it. I first changed the domain name with the domain name changer scirpt thing here at trap and then i set the nameservers at godaddy. It told me that this can take up to 48 hours but i think thats only the maximum because from some people ive talked to they told me that it usualy only takes a few hours. So now i have waited a few days(MORE than 48 hours!!) and I still dont have my site like it should be. This is a very urgent problem since i cant acces my site at all if the domain isnt set up right. (no cpanel, ftp ect.)Thankyou for any help :lol:

what are the nameservers you used? and what is your domain?if you want to access your cpanel, you might temporarily access it via IP.

you really should have changed the DNS nervers before you used the domain name changer here at Xisto, are you sure there is not more than one set of DNS servers in your admin panel for the domain? if you do see if you can change the Xisto ones to the default DNS, which if you have the right ones they should be ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com

SLB,Your new domain is lucasseidenfaden.com? If so, after ping the IP address is still not pointing towards Xisto hosting. This means the nameserver is either has not been updated or has not been changed.Please update your nameserver once again via your domain control panel.Remember, you can view your hosting page by typing gamma.xisto.com/~cpanelusername

SLB,
Your new domain is lucasseidenfaden.com? If so, after ping the IP address is still not pointing towards Xisto hosting. This means the nameserver is either has not been updated or has not been changed.

Please update your nameserver once again via your domain control panel.

Remember, you can view your hosting page by typing gamma.xisto.com/~cpanelusername

My new domain is lsphoto.de. I have changed the nameservers a few times in my domain control panel to no effect. Can you view what i set it to with the domain change script? i think there might be a problem there with that thing.

Can i access my files through the gamma.xisto.com thing? (ftp or cpanel?) i tried gamma.xisto.com/~mycpanelusername/cpanel/ but it returns with an 404 error.

Could you maybe try to change my domain manualy? because i think the nameservers are having a problem setting themselvs up.

after you redirected your domain to ns.trap17.com, did you set that redirection as default? Because at first when i got a free .be domain.. i had the same problem. .Just check your domain host command panel thing..

from your domain records, which i checked minutes ago, it shows that your domain is not pointed to Xisto nameservers:

Posted Image

it shows it is currently pointed to secureserver.net. make the necessary DNS changes to point to Xisto nameservers, then wait the usual 24 to 48 hours for domain propagation.

I did a dig on your address and this is what I got:

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> lsphoto.de;; global options:  printcmd;; Got answer:;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 24197;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2;; QUESTION SECTION:;lsphoto.de.					IN	  A;; ANSWER SECTION:lsphoto.de.			 3600	IN	  A	   68.178.232.100;; AUTHORITY SECTION:lsphoto.de.			 3600	IN	  NS	  PARKCT1.SECURESERVER.NET.lsphoto.de.			 3600	IN	  NS	  PARKCT2.SECURESERVER.NET.;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:PARKCT1.SECURESERVER.NET. 172800 IN	 A	   64.202.165.112PARKCT2.SECURESERVER.NET. 172800 IN	 A	   68.178.211.119

It needs to read
;; AUTHORITY SECTION:lsphoto.de.			 14400   IN	  NS	  ns1.trap17.com.lsphoto.de.			 14400   IN	  NS	  ns2.trap17.com.;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:ns1.trap17.com.		 163352  IN	  A	   64.69.35.170ns2.trap17.com.		 163352  IN	  A	   64.69.35.177
although your ports will probably be difficult.

You need to change the nameservers (again?) in your GoDaddy preferences. Make sure after you change them that you click accept. If they're reverting for some strange reason, contact GoDaddy for help. Until then, you should be able to access your site directly by the IP given to you when you created your account at https://support.xisto.com/

SLB,

cPanel access using IP address, like Serverph suggested, is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Please refer to Xisto Readme for all your basic hosting FAQ.

Upon checking your cPanel, the domain pointed to is correctly changed to your desired domain name. The only issue is for you to change nameserver to Xisto using your domain name control panel. This step must be completed and necessary.

Hum ok thanks guys. Ive changed it alreay 2 times but oh well. I'll call goDaddy and ask them whats wrong on their side. :lol: Thanks for all your help everyone. sorry to cause this trouble. :lol:

Hum ok thanks guys. Ive changed it alreay 2 times but oh well. I'll call goDaddy and ask them whats wrong on their side. :lol: Thanks for all your help everyone. sorry to cause this trouble. :lol:

i don't know exactly what your problem is but i will tell ya this. once you get your domain name and register it, you need to change your server to Xisto (ns1 & ns2). then WAIT a couple days while it's registering. it takes time. if you start modifying what you already did then you will just have to wait longer. i know you're impatient but you need to wait for the name servers to update no matter how long it takes. i had to wait 2 days until i could access my site, but i didn't modify anything while waiting either. just be patient. you should have a status section that you can access through godaddy that will tell you when your name servers are switched to Xisto. Xisto has no control over how long this will take.

Support Staff ResponseDear Sir,

The .DE Registry has very specific requirements for name servers that are being used for .DE domains.

The requirement that appears to be preventing the use of NS1.TRAP17.COM and NS2.TRAP17.COM is that the IPs for the name servers must have a different number for the third 'octet' of the IP.

The two nameservers NS1.TRAP17.COM and NS2.TRAP17.COM have the IPs 64.69.35.170 and 64.69.35.177, respectively. Both of these nameservers have the same number for the third octet, 35. For this reason, these name servers fail to meet the requirements set forth by the .DE Registry.

You may wish to contact the operators of those name servers and provide them with the following link to the name server requirements from the .DE Registry site:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This should give them the information they need to configure their name servers or provide you with name servers that meet the requirements set forth by the Registry.

:lol:

i have big problem with me Problems After Changing Domain

I have buy 2 domain from GoDaddy.Com and I change DNS what I have on other hosting company but its not change I wait last 1 week its not work I don't no why not working can any tell me how to work my domain with my hosting how attach I will do every thing ok but domain not showing attach my hosting

-reply by warrich