xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

why do you hate netscape? not that i use it, but I just want to know. I use Internet Explorer 6. I have tried using Firefox mozilla and MyIE2 and some scripts just don't work like it does in IE6. I have no idea why but I don't have time to fix my layout for compatibility with both browswers.

I use Firefox after years of using that incompetant IE. IE shouldn't dominate the market of web browsers, it's complete rubbish. All of the viruses I have had over the years are a result of using IE. IE is not as secure at Firefox. Furthermore, all other non-IE browsers support file types such as .png image for example. IE doesn't support it, resulting in development of such file types and associations going down the drain. Also, tabbed browsing is much more efficient in my opinion, a concept IE will never grasp any time soon.

If you want to find out more information on the incompetance of IE, go to http://www.stopie.com/. You'll be doing the world a favour by eradicating IE.

Well if you want opera, try it and try it for a little longer, when it came upon yaur hart yao and her will be one :D I like firefox and tunderbird they look and ack very good, but still doesn't get everything like with opera :P

FireFox. Best free browser avalible. I haven't tried Opera, so I can't compare it that ways, but far, far better than IE. I agree wholeheartedly with you, Mr Self Destruct. PNG support, tabbed browsing, and security were big factors in switching.For those of you who use IE/Netscape and haven't tried tabbed browing, download FireFox and try it. It will not take you long at all to fall in love with it. It's one of the best additions to a browser possible.On another note, I have tried Safari as well, and liked how it worked on the Mac platform.

I couldn't agree more, tabbed browsing is really handy and way better than the way IE works. The only downside in using some of the other browsers is that they don't support some scripts, but I guess the extra security is well worth it.

I use Firefox, for the following reasons:-Tabbed Browsing-Much better security-Invulnerability to spyware/adware and all ActiveX controls which can damage your computer-It doesn't spy on you and keep track of all sites you're visited.-The extensions kick *bottom*-I'm a web programmer, so I need a browser to develop with that actual renders a page correctly.

well guys. despite all the advantages of the "other" browsers likefirefox, opera, mozilla, netscape , etc ....IE is still the most used browser today.If you have any website up, and have configure to collect visitor's infolike wat is their IP? where they're from and wat browseryou'll notice that IE is used in like 80% of the time :(

Actualy, I was looking some researches and IE have about 64%, why??? Becouse a long years ago microsoft *BLEEP*ed up Netscape and start useing IE, and like everything that comes from microsoft, IE have better money support to by users........IE is sheet, I have never see worse browser than IE, Mozila and Opera are best you can find today, TRY PEOPLE TRY AND THEN TALK ABOUT...

The only reason that Internet Explorer is the most commonly used web browser is because Windows is the most commonly used operating system on personal computers, and Internet Explorer ships with it.Microsoft was taken to court on the grounds that these were unfair trading practises (or something along those lines) back when Windows '98 was released with Internet Explorer incorporated in such a big way, as it means that the average user doesn't need to go and find other browsers to use so doesn't bother. They got away with it because they claimed it was a new part of Windows or something, and that the new shell operated completely around Internet Explorer - or something like that anyway.If Opera or Firefox were shipped with Windows, then obviously, they would be the most commonly used web browsers.

I used to use Netscape and Internet explorer back when those where the only two available free browsers back in the mid 90's. Some what skeptical about using firefox since everyone is using it and it being so open source that someone could create virus plug-ins and get hat people that way. Maybe if their some actual plug-in's that I could use then maybe I get it.Update-I know use Firefox 2 on a regular basis all the tools I need firefox can provide for my webmastering needs.