xisto Community
Mortanis

Odd Phobias

:D i had Nyctophobia at one point in my life and did over the phone therapy. But I definitely don't watch horror movies just in case it could flare up. in case anybody wants to know it was WeListen2you.com where i talked to counselors. I actually was so busy I didn't have any time to sit down with a counselor not to mention this method was cheaper.

Fear of Odd numbers - i have it =/

Odd Phobias

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

I have fear of odd numbers, but I think I have this fear b/c of my birthday which is Friday 13.

And everyday I try to only get even numbers out of things...Like my blog, I have 14 things that interest me and if I decide too put more of the things that interest me, I have too make it an even number or else I don't feel right and I think that I'm going to have a very bad day.

And on odd days I always feel weird and when something bad happens I blame it on that day. I have days where I'm going along and its an even day and then something bad might happen and I will think back to that day and try and figure out what odd number had happened on that day and I blame it on that.

Or like when the guy I liked left on the date of 27...I blamed it on that date. =/

-reply by Danielle

fear of clowns....coulrophobia

Odd Phobias

My name is Treasure and I'm 18 years old. I have a deathly fear of clowns and have had it since I was a child. My real father was not a nice man and forced me to watch Stephen King's IT when I was a very small child. Ever since then I can't deal with them. I live in a big city where there are many street performers and such. I was driving with my family one day and noticed a clown walking on the side of the road.

I immediately started screaming, begging my grandfather to drive faster. I was terrified that it was following us. I ended up hyperventillating so bad that I had a panic attack and had to be rushed to the hospital. My father had to sit in the room with me because I was afraid that clown had followed us and was waiting until I was alone to attack me.

I can't handle clowns in any way, they creep me out to the point where I will have to be restrained. I can't sleep or be alone for days after the fact. It has caused serious problems in many different ways in my life. I f anyone else has a story or an incident where clowns have affected them in a serious way, please let me know! You can email me anytime! Thank you so much!

-reply by Treasure Beach

-------------------------

admin response..

-------------------------

I suggest meditation. :-)

Replying to FeedBacker

That's crazy, because I do the same thing with even numbers! I will NOT use even numbers for the life of me! Whenever I set my alarm clock it has to be an odd number (mainly 3 or 7 - never 5). Or when I make plans I always say something like 1:07 instead of just 1:00 or say that someone gives me 4 m&m's, I would ask for 3 more to make it seven.Weird huh??? I don't know what it is and I just cant get myself to stop. And its not like I'm afraid something bad will happen on an even number, I just feel more comfortable if my life is more so based around number ending on mainly 3 and 7, then 9 and 1.

-reply by CHanson

Those names are really long, I can't even say half of them properly without looking twice.Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia ? (whatt? that's a crazy long word, almost like a tongue twister :))Aphenphosmphobia and Clinophobia sound the worst to me. It would be so difficult to live a normal life and do all our daily activities with those.

I think that Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is a little too general for just the number 666.People who are affected by this I think willbe affected by numbers in general.13 for instance. I'm not really affected by numbers at all.My main phobias arefear of heights.This seems to have increased over the last few years,and Spiders,though I know spiders are good insects, I just find them creepy.

well here are some to ponderSpamophobia Fear of being or getting spam or eating it for that matter.I feel sure there is a real name for that. I know myself there a lot of people that do not like or are scared to eat that stuff anyways. :P

I have a close friend who is actually afraid of rabbits. I do realize how incredibly ridiculous that sounds and the interesting thing is that he does as well. To sit down and discuss it he is keenly aware that rabbits pose no real threat to him. But, if he actually sees a rabbit he freezes in terror. I knew him for a couple years before I actually saw his response. It was odd to see a full grown man afraid of a rabbit. My friend does not know where the fear comes from. He does remember seeing Monty Python and the Holy Grail at an early age though he is not sure that was the litmus.

Um quite a few there, Some are unique as well but some are normal, Well not normal but common. I will go google for some answers.

really i like to know how these names are made up Heck I can make one up right now

dokutrophobia- fear of being yelled at. <---not real

binaryphobia-fear of binary numbers. noooo not 100110100101 Posted Image

but yeha back to my first question I might be wrong about this but i think theirs like 2-300 different phobia's that have been classfied or something like that.

I highly recommend Coulrophobics do not see the movie it or you will go crazy hahahaha Posted Image.

If you haven't checked back on this in a while, google the term 'dokutrophobia'... it looks like you successfully named a new phobia, people are using it all over!