xisto Community
William91

More Credits For Your Post

I think you should give us more credits on our post. The reason is I find it very difficult to com eon here every single day and think of something new to post. Its really hard and a long procress since you don't get credits in the forums that are easy to think of stuff to post. You have to post a paragraph atleast just to get one credit which seems not good enough. If I want to post something how is it possible to think of a few paraghraphs just so I can keep my hosting service?I would like it if you raised the creditting a little bit to make it a little easeir for us to keep our hosting account and remain active. Thank.

PLAN NAME WEB SPACE PRICE UPGRADE FROM: THUNDER 600 MB w/ 50 GB FREE No Requirements
TORNADO 1,500 MB FREE 25 Posts / Month
HURRICANE 5,000 MB $7.95 per Month 3 Paid Referrals

Edited by William91 (see edit history)

i agree that they should raise it up a little because ive only been here for a few months.. :( lol and ive posted allot of the things that i know and i find that it is getting more and more difficult to get new ideals for like tutorials, or even general talk..i still think that the movie review section *see previous suggestion on this forum* would be a good thing to have on here to help get credits etc....

i agree that they should raise it up a little because ive only been here for a few months.. :( lol and ive posted allot of the things that i know and i find that it is getting more and more difficult to get new ideals for like tutorials, or even general talk..i still think that the movie review section *see previous suggestion on this forum* would be a good thing to have on here to help get credits etc....

i've only been here a few days and i have to disagree 100%. you have over 400 posts and even if it only gave you 1 day credit per post, you should have well over 1 years hosting. i average about 3 credits per post right now.

i don't like to write but when i do, i can talk anyones ear off. i try to be specific to a posted topic when i reply and i will rarely post 1 or two lines because if i did that, i probably didn't have anything important to respond about in the first place. i try to make my posts as informative as possible. rather than increasing the credits for posting, i would rather see more quality posts from people. if people can't make quality posts and having a hard time living with the rules here, make the choice not to be here. this topic in my opinion belongs in the venting forum as i know there was a similar discussion about this the other day.

i've only been here a short time and seen alot of whining about problems they don't like about Xisto. i just got hosted, i just made my dns changes and can access my control panel now. instead of being gratefull for what this place has to offer, some people have to complain. if you have to complain, this place isn't right for you and you should find another place that suits you. Xisto from my understanding does the best they can and they know if they could please everyone, they WOULD but they know like i know that it's impossible and you can't please evryone, but you can usually please the majority which is what they are doing.

instead of trap 17 changing, maybe some of the users should change. Xisto for the most part has been successfull so why change what is working? they welcome opinions which is good but they should NEVER welcome laziness.

everytime i hear postings like this, i hope they forgive me but i have a HUGE need to respond because they deserve credit where it's deserved. and people should have no problem with posting to get free hosting that would normally run at the CHEAPEST for what they offer, $15 a month. that adds up to $180 a year!!!

there are 365 days in a year so lets break it down to one post a day for one credit a day. what's 1 credit? it's about 2 1/2 lines. so if you are posting something of quality, you would be taking 5 minutes of your time to write 10-15 lines for 4-6 credits. if you do that, then all you really need to do is post once a week! BIG DEAL! if anything they should lower the credit system. not raise it. THAT would ensure and force people to make more quality posts.

that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it

but a main problem is the more credits you get the less credits you will recieve from each post..and the more posts you make the less you will recieve from each post...and no i do not have well over a year or anywhere near a year..but you also just joined here and have hardly any credits and so you can get allot of credits per post but once you get higher you will get less and less and less credits per post..

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

I have been on since november and have made well over 500 credits. Holding the Trap Awards and changing domains cost me a bit and I have lost some for times I am not on but right now I am holding it at about 130 credits and I can't really come on anymore. All I do is look for new topics and post my opinion or look in here for new people with questions and try to help them. I post when I can and I hold up fine.

Thanks Anwiii...Thanks a ton!I dont know...why do members always complain about the credit system..when they actually know that they cant get a fair system like this anywhere else. I dont remember myself now...that in how many different sections I've answered the same question in the last 7-8 months!If anyone still wants to know...what did I say...then read Anwiii's post...it was almost similar and near to it :( (well, I've already read Anwiii's post thrice and I am really impressed with the post, great going Anwiii)

As for the issue where youAs for the issue where you get less credits per post, it is obviously a good strategy. If someone like ?Albus Dumbledore? does receive the 400 credits then he would indeed have over a year of hosting. Just by staying on the forums for a couple of months, he has received a year of good free hosting which is extremely hard to come by with all the fake sites out there. Although I agree that it is hard to meet the posting requirements, we have to think about the people who are hosting these things for us, they obviously don?t want to have hundreds of people ditching the forums because they have enough credits to last for the year or something like that. They get money to host our sites from the ads they have on the pages. Ad?s mostly run on ?impressions? and ?clicks? impressions meaning just by loading the page, but if the same person looks at the ad 100 times in a week, obviously it won?t count that much towards the amount they earn from it, but if you see it 100 times over a span of half a year or so, it would count more then 100 times in a week. Therefore the posting requirement is necessary to maintain their hosting service.

True, there are some people out there who only want to pot in the minimal effort and ditch the community. I think the system is fair, and if you have lots of things you want to share with other members - imagine how many possible hosting credits those could lead to. I guess the only problem I would have is the amount of web space. 150 megs is sufficient for a lot of people...until it comes to a point where you need more space for other projects you may strart up (i.e. photo galleries, podcasting, etc.).

i must say i have just had my first "suspension" due to low credits just recently and I must say while it was annoying, it was my own fault that i didn't post. While increasing the amount of hosting credits per post is a nice idea, i don't expect it to happen. One thing that I would like to see is a way that people who make "quality" posts could get some bonus credits from the mods or admins or something similar.

I also agree with you guys that they should increase the credits based on our posts. It is hard to accumulate a lot of credits especially if you have already checked and read most of the topics available at the forum.And about having more than 400 post and that we should be having credits for a year by now.... The first few months at the forum the inactivity of a members was not yet based on the credits. We were told to be active by visiting and posting at the forum at once per week. Even though we had so much posts made here before, the credit script only started when I had reached the 250 or 300 post. And I have to start accumulating the credits as if i was a new member.

And about having more than 400 post and that we should be having credits for a year by now.... The first few months at the forum the inactivity of a members was not yet based on the credits. We were told to be active by visiting and posting at the forum at once per week. Even though we had so much posts made here before, the credit script only started when I had reached the 250 or 300 post. And I have to start accumulating the credits as if i was a new member.

Boycradle, I know that you are almost an year old than me..(Not exactly though) over here! But if you check your posts and my posts and there are lot many other members who joined a bit late and have more posts than you and infact more than me and have much more hosting credits.
I'll suggest you to go ahead and start posting a lot and then make enough credits to keep your site active for 4-5 months if not for an year!
What was asked from you in the starting was diff...In those scenario's people must have complained in case they didnt get access to the internet connection because of any reason in that 1 week...now you dont have to worry about it...just invest 1 day....if you dont want to invest lot of days here...then invest 1 day and beleive me you'll make enough credits to keep your site active for 1 month atleast with the same credit system :(

Hmm... Everytime I come here... I think, "Time to post again...". But I remember the times when I was new, I absolutely loved to post in this place! Now it's turning to be a chore. I've been very busy lately, so I sometimes forget to post and when I come back here, I rush and try to post to keep it up til about 20 credits. It's hard to do that, but I've managed to keep it that way for a long time. But you know? I don't complain about it. Sure, it turns out to be a chore for me, but no one can come up with a better hosting service than Xisto... to mention it's free too... that's such a good bargain! Why do I have to whine for a small sacrifice like this, when I can get good hosting service for free!

There are a lot of people who have come here after me that have a lot more posts than I do. Still I see a lot of them saying that they have been suspended. I've been here since September 04, and I've made less than 400 posts in that time. I've never gone low enough with the credits to be suspended. So I don't have a problem with the way the system is now. You just have to make sure you spend your time wisely and go to the sections that might interest you where you'll have something to say. It's really not that hard.

LOL.. i agree sometimes the subjects are kinda boring and i end up posting something that i dont really have my heart in and it doesn't always sound good lol but there are days that im just like i love posting and giving people my opinion and advice lol i like posting in the love section, the vent and the general section lol

I feel bad for you. Who devised this system anyways? It appears a little complex with its rating and counting. And how it lowers per post when you reach high numbers. It must have taken a long time to write the scripting for this.