xisto Community
William91

More Credits For Your Post

is that right? the more you post the less credits you get???? How does that work out? The credit system seems good just now for me, but if I get less and less credits and have to make more and more posts then its like a job...

For some reason, I'd have to say that the system for credits is pretty fair. It's better than having a few users with many posts with just a few words, 1 or 2 sentences.. or 1 word replies such as "LOL", or "ROFLMAO". Easily gives users more motivation to post a bit more than what has been mentioned so many times.

or " :angry: "

Although I accept the credit system, there?s one thing definitely not good about. I?m talking about holidays. Next week it?s "semana santa" here... I think english people call it easter or eastern... don?t know. Anyway, let?s talk about summer for example. Most people go out for a month or so and if you want your site to be safe, you need to make a great extra amount of posts before. And again, it?s very artificial because you don?t post because you want... you?re writing unnecessary things just no to get your account suspended.Maybe isn?t possible, but ?why not paralyze or ralentize the decreasing of post number on these holidays?

I don't really agree with this, because I think the credit system is fair, and if you do have the time to post things, you should have no problem getting credits. Normally I'm fine with getting them, but as of late, I've been swamped with school and work, so it's been hard to come on and post meaningful messages that will keep my site from being suspended.In fact, there's been several times in the last half a year or so that my site has gone down because I just wasn't able to get the posts in, and when I do, it's not usually enough to last me very long. Over Christmas I was able to get about 40 credits saved up, which was nice, because I had the time off, and obviously they've been used up now, which kind of sucks, but makes sense as they can't last forever.I do wish though that the more credits you've made, that the amount you get for posting didn't go down. I like to come online and try to make a bunch knowing that I'll probably not get around to (or even be able to post with my schedule) make up more credits later. Usually I can only get on here way less than when I first started her, and way less then I'd like to.Even now, I'd like to look through the posts, because I learn a lot from them, but I don't really have time for that either. I have to be running off to class in about 10 minutes, so this'll probably all the credits that I get for the time being, which is kind of a shame, because I'm at 1.something credits right now as it is, so even with this post, it isn't going to last me to the end of the week.Meaning either my site goes down again, or I'll have to remember to come on again very soon to post more stuff.So, all in all, I think the system is mostly fair the way it is... the lack of credits is obviously my fault... but when I do have the time to post... like now, I'd like to get equal credits for posts that are made when I am able to get lots of credits saved up.* edit: This post actually brought me up to 8 credits, which makes me very surprised and happy. So, yea, you can get good credits... but that was a long rant, so it took a long time to think of/write all that.

Edited by midnightvamp (see edit history)

Although I accept the credit system, there´s one thing definitely not good about. I´m talking about holidays. Next week it´s "semana santa" here... I think english people call it easter or eastern... don´t know. Anyway, let´s talk about summer for example. Most people go out for a month or so and if you want your site to be safe, you need to make a great extra amount of posts before. And again, it´s very artificial because you don´t post because you want... you´re writing unnecessary things just no to get your account suspended.
Maybe isn´t possible, but żwhy not paralyze or ralentize the decreasing of post number on these holidays?

man, that just sucks! people gone for a month and neglect their website and no new content, they SHOULD be given credit during this time. they deserve it.

you know what's wrong with that thinking besides the obvious(duh)? if they had a credit system like that, i would take advantage of it and i would just tell 'm i'm gonna be gone when i'm really not. actually, i would do that. i lied. but others would. i like this place personally. it was all about getting a free website at first but i like their system here and most of the people. what i don't like is whiners and people who try take advantage of an already fair system.

i'm one of "people" that call easter EASTER and i think Xisto has fair rules and guidlines. it's funny how you don't call easter "easter" and want to complain about how unfair it is.

now you know what i would like to see? anyone who thinks things are unfair should have only ONE PLACE to post about it and that is the VENT FORUM which to me is the only place it's good for and anyone who wants to post it about it anywhere else should get their account suspended without warning because they didn't like the place in the first place and i am tired of reading this crap.

now with that out of the way, i offer a suggesting to your comment if you are going to be away for a while. i suggest to make the appropriate posts before hand with good quality content. if you don't get your credits high enough and you made a decent effort to be responsible, then send a mail to the admins and tell them your situation with a hope that they can allow your account not to be suspended during the remaining time. i'll bet you haven't even gone so far to even try this suggestion and you're just complaining about it though....

man i try so hard somtimes just to not get warned my own self......blah!

This is NOT the fariest credit system. A site called clubhost city just requires you to make a certain number of posts monthly. you have to make 31 credits here to last for a month but in clubhost only about 10 posts.

William91, I am not not sure where you got your information but Clubhost City

does NOT require any forum posting whatsoever!

Where in the world did you get the idea of 10 posts from?

We require hosting applicants to signup for a login on our forum community

before they can apply for web hosting but we do not require any forum posting

or any kind of forum participation. It is your choice if you want to participate

in our forum community and our community only exists just to give our members

a place to talk to other members and that's about it.

While they offer more space and bandwidth and similar cPanel features with their free accounts, I wonder how long they can maintain these services, the forums appear to have been active for less than 12 months. There appears to be no advertising in the forums and they say there is no advertising on the free hosting sites. How do they generate revenue to keep the free hosting going? It does not seem to me like a sustainable venture, at least with Xisto at does appear to be sustainable giving me confidence that they will be offering free hosting for quite some time to come.

In the end, if you think you would be happier at Clubhost, then go there. It's as simple as that.

How Long? ROFL! That is even funnier than what William91 wrote above!

Clubhost City first opened on January 2, 1997 and has been providing

FREE web hosting for more than 9 years. As far as we are aware,

we may be the oldest FREE host still in existance (or very close to it)!

Revenue? We have no need! Our FREE hosting project is directly supported

by the excess profits and advertising revenue of 54 other commercial

web hosting companies that we directly own as well as a percentage of the

profits of the 800+ reseller providers who purchase their hosting from us.

Clubhost City ....

Notice from jlhaslip:

Edit to remove some material which could be construed to be advertising for their service.

Over the past 9+ years, we have had less than 3 days total combined downtime

and presently we have had a 100% perfect uptime record since March 2005

(date of our last brief outage) which is well beyond 'excellent'!

Regarding your forum date observation, the current posts only go back about

a year because a botched software upgrade in March 2005 corrupted and we

just decided to go ahead and wipe the whole forum community instead

of wasting time repairing the database corruption. The forum community had

been running continuously for over 5 years and really needed a good cleanup

anyway so it was a good opportunity just to go ahead and reset everything.

Notice from jlhaslip:
As pointed out by another Member, it is against the Terms of Service to promote competing Hosting Services on the Xisto Forum.

On the other hand, I feel you have a right to defend yourself and point out the apparent errors previously posted.

Having said all that, I would ask that you take note of the possibility of a ban against your account here if you continue to promote your services on these Forums.

There is no action being taken at this time. Thank you for your co-operation in this regard.

My determination as to the suitability of this post is, of course, subject to review and revision by the Admins and the Owner of the Forum and my opinion is not neccesarily the final result.

NO point system to deal with!

Well, you know what, if you feel that you don't like our services, then go elsewhere. It's that simple. The credit system here is EXTREMLY fair. Some users may have difficulty posting here due to their lifestyle or own abilities, but the system in incredibly fair. I thank OpaQue so much for it. If you think Clubhost City is better, then just stay there.Also, advertising on this forum is against the rules, so you might want to edit that post.

I am in favor of the credit system here. Most people that are at this webiste were not here back when the site was first starting out. You were at the mercy of Opaque. If he didn't think that you were posting or if he did not notice some of your posts then your hosting was cut off. The credit system has done wonders though. It has been able to take a load off of Opaque's shoulders making sure that everyone had the posts that they needed to get in. Also making posts for this site is not as hard as people think. I mean if you do not see a topic that you like all that you have to do is to start a topic on what you would like to discuss. It is really not that hard.