xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tvale

30gb Broadband

dang.. where do you people live?.. i live in america and the fastest i have ever seen is 8mega bits (earthlink dsl). But most people are using comcast which is only 6mega bits.. which costs around 50-60 dollars a month. I doubt there are 30gb. .because the newest network card available for public is only 1000mbits/s (unless you start using fiber optic) ... 30gb... that equals to 30 000 mbits/s .. divide by 8.. that is equavilant to 3750 mega BYTES per second. .. divide that by 1000, that's 3.75 giga bytes per second.. Your hard drive can't even read or write that fast. Ahhh. thinking of it.. America sucks. .we have the gayest tech... we have the gayest cell phone and slowest internet connect. There are still alot of people like me that are still using dial up connection...

Oh amn would love 30gb broadband at the moment im on a crappy 2mb down and 200kb up connection all for the pricely sum of ?27.99 a month. my internet provider current top tier is 10mb/512k which is still pretty crap for the ?37.99 per month price. There is talk of them testing a 100mb internet servcie but all the same would love to 30gb down broadband and maybe 1gb up internet would be great for my online gaming.

Well seeing as its japan, knowing them they most probably have a terabyte broadband already lol. Because they are basically the leaders in the technological market. If anyone was to make the first ever UFO, you know it would be the japanese lol.

Why not? As soon as gigabit LAN is formed, gigabit internet service can come true. But that probably would take some time later for such service to exist. Currently the maximum broadband speed that I heard of is 25Mbps. Any faster elsewhere does anyone knows?

The fastest in america you can get right now is 56mbps. Thats why they came out with the 56mbps modems replacing the old 11mbps modems. Though the price of this speed is extreamily costly. And this is mostly used for big buildings that host over 500 employs and the broadband companies like cable (for instance comcast cable internet) and static- IP DSL lines (for instance SBC DSL). For your local cost imagine your current 1.5mbps bill times 3 (to equal 6mbps) and also times 3 dosen (for amount of people in your area) and then on top of the service charge you would have to pay for a nice server to help pull out the speed of the lines (probably around ($250,000) so the overall bill of your 56Mbps bill would be $400/montly plus that server charge. Of corse im saying this in California charges so it probably is lower in your area since everything in California is higher priced!

Man, imagine that speed. =) cant wait. Hopefully the pay per month wont be that expensive. =/

I met a CEO of IBM (and I highly doubt you'll believe me) and she told me that she has an internet connection of 1GB for free. Its one of the perks of working for a computer company. But 30GB seems a bit high to me - even for a country as high-tech as Japan.

Internet2 Technology acutally provides speeds up to 7.21 gbit's p/second (current high speed limit)

Single Stream Class: 216,300 terabit-meters per second by a team consisting of members from the University of Tokyo, the WIDE project, and Chelsio Communication and other organizations by sending 1485 gigabytes of data across 30,000 kilometers of network over 30 minutes at an average rate of 7.21 gigabits per second.

The internet2 project is being developed by many Universities worldwide (majority being in the United States). Take a peak at http://www.internet2.edu/communities-groups/advanced-networking-groups/performance-working-group/ to view all the info. I can't wait to see how the developement advances this year :(.

wt... thats crazy as lol... i'm using 1.5MBps and i think its pretty dam fast. :T 25MBps is still beig installled in australia and wont be available for a few months... i prob wont switch for a while though i'm pt happy with my current speed. its fine for the everyday things i do and its already pt expensive. wait a few years and the prices should drop dramatically.

wt... thats crazy as lol... i'm using 1.5MBps and i think its pretty dam fast. :T 25MBps is still beig installled in australia and wont be available for a few months... i prob wont switch for a while though i'm pt happy with my current speed. its fine for the everyday things i do and its already pt expensive. wait a few years and the prices should drop dramatically.

Highest speed available to home users in the UK, is 24mbps, which is available on select telephone exchanges in London and other parts. At the moment, British Telecom is in the process of upgrading all telelphone exchanges to support 8mb, with a lot of home users possibly receiving broadband speed increases, some for free depending on your ISP. To give an example, you can now get 8Mbps broadband for Ł15! ($26 US)

If there was 30gb broadband commercially available, you'd find yourself limited by two things. The speed of the server, and the speed of your harddrive!

Why not? As soon as gigabit LAN is formed, gigabit internet service can come true. But that probably would take some time later for such service to exist. Currently the maximum broadband speed that I heard of is 25Mbps. Any faster elsewhere does anyone knows?

There are "BROADBAND" Speed toping out at over 13 GigaBits... and that isn't even scratching the surface of some of the ultra highspeed connections between major universities. Caltech alone shatterd the long running internet speed record of 23.2 GigaBits, and set the bar @ 101GigaBits. Even a true Dedicated T-3/OC3 line will run you upwards of 12,000 dollats per MONTH :lol:.

BTW, gigabit ethernet has been out almost as long as the CAT5e(ethernet) standard. Its just that people are too cheap and sont want to pay alot of money to have the right equipment and network cables. NOw however almost every buisness desktop has GigaBit ethernet, its just that a normal person has to go to a computer specialty store or buisness wholesale stroe to get true gigabit ethernet (CAT5e). However, for the avid DIY'er, for almost pennies on the doller you can buy like 100 ft. reels of gigabit ethernet cable from electrical suply depos, as well as a tools and end caps that will let you make your own custom length CAT5e cables. THis is a great thing, because it it can cut down on the possibilty for interferance an if you run the cable right people wont trip on them :lol: .

well it depends what they are doing, i mean maybe those 30 gb are from a mail server or from some site..the curious thing is that i think it might be true, they have the latest techonlogy and maybe they just wanna make sure they are the best

in my eyes they have everything <_<