xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itssami

How To Make Website Popular

I've been using a program "Noobing" for about a month now, and have gotten a whole lot of more page hits on my website. Just add your website and it puts it inside a "rotator" so everyone who's registered to it, can see your site. If you get ahold of the site, check out the About section. It can probably help you more than I can. Google it if you're interested. Don't wanna get introuble for posting a link. :)

New IT Education WebsiteHow To Make Website Popular

I have created a website where students can learn fundamentals of computers(DBMS, Web Technologies & Java). Even you can download.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by Prasanth

I've been using a program "Noobing" for about a month now, and have gotten a whole lot of more page hits on my website. Just add your website and it puts it inside a "rotator" so everyone who's registered to it, can see your site. If you get ahold of the site, check out the About section. It can probably help you more than I can. Google it if you're interested. Don't wanna get introuble for posting a link

Thanks for that .

I'm sure its is just what i have been looking for. I am launching soem new forums and i sure do hope to get a lot of members!

My SEO kinda sucks at the moment so iam looking for such software that can get my name out quickly!

Thanks!

U just checked out this Noobing, you have to buy ad's. so in my book sounds as a scam, just as I kind of figured it was. Best way to get members of any site is simple. 1.SEO your site, keeping it up to date and easy for people to find what they want or need.2. word of mouth. If one person has something good to say of your site or forum, then they will tell a friend and so on. 3. If your making a site or a forum give the people what they want not only what you want. take suggestions from friends to see what they would want on a page or forum.

Well just make it unique don't copy other site's even if they are popular that will get you know where.Do It on a topic you know and like get some forums for members ect... Advertise it around may cost you some money.- Ash :D

U just checked out this Noobing, you have to buy ad's. so in my book sounds as a scam, just as I kind of figured it was.

If you would read correctly, you'd notice that you don't specifically have to "buy" your ads. You can earn them. If you "read", and gather some information about the program, you'd see that there's no participation fee, and the more websites you view yourself, the more "noobcash" you get, which you can use later on to "purchase" ad credits for your site. So, where are you getting this having to "buy" ads? Read thoroughly, and it could benefit. :D Trust me, if it was a scam, I wouldn't have registered for it, nor be using it. But hey, your loss. Edited by SteveSe939 (see edit history)

Tell All of your friends, tell them to tell their friends, soon you have lots of traffic, as long as you keep good, up-to-date content that people are gonna enjoy looking at. if it ain't good, nobody is gonna wanna see it.

Google Webmasters toolsHow To Make Website Popular

Hello Dear,I am from india try the google webmasters tools for making your site popular on google. They work for me I also try it. There are good tools which help you to make more traffic for your site. 

-reply by JP Rehal

Generating traffic and nested pagesHow To Make Website Popular

Firstly... http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ <-- there, that's for my ranking ;)Okay. If you are working on a website with nested pages and your web spiders aren't hitting them, then you should do youself a favour with google. Sign up for the google analytics account and check it out.It's possible to force the spider to start off at certain links. For example, if your website had http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ that was a nested page from the main index page, you can tell the spider to start off on the jokes one. And even list several nested pages. Google will figure it out and link them together helping you with your traffic.My site is still in the testing phase and I'll be launching an advertising campaign once I've found a few more people to help me with content.Hope that helps, it helped a lot with one of my client's sites.

-reply by Stephen

Hey! Sure, there are a few way to promote ur website. Here we go: Blogs & social media: Get your products and services mentioned on as many websites and blogs as possible. Not only do the links help you raise your Google pagerank, but also your website link will be seen by more and more people every day; Design: Beautiful & easy to use websites attract more links and are, in general, more likely to be successful. It doesn't have to be anything amazing but it does need to be well organised and easy to use and navigate. Google isn't heavily designed but it's the easiest site in the world to use; Credibilit: Closely related to design is credibility and trust. If you have a nice office or offline store then put a picture of you and your staff outside the office on your "about" page. Add press cuttings and links to any online publicity. The more legitimate your website and company appears the more likely it is to attract links and new publicity; SEO: Getting traffic from search engines is what most website owners expect when they launch an online business. The best way to achieve this is to find a well known SEO company and get them involved in the project before any designers or developers start working. SEO needs to be integrated in every part of the website and every change needs to be signed off by your SEO consultant; Book: For example an e-commerce site could have a product information wiki, buyers guides, video tutorials, suppliers directory and a blog to draw links and traffic; Online classified site: Many business use these to promote their business and many get a lot of views and or responses. Google, Yahoo or Bing search for 'classifieds' or 'uk / usa classifieds'.That's what I've been told before start working out ma site and now I'm doing not bad, so wish u good luck!

Edited by Terko (see edit history)

There are many ways to make a website popular but the most important ones from my aspect are :

1. Unique contents :

It is very important to post and write something in your website that others don't have. this is the main key to get a website more popular. copying contents or even trying to change them to not be a complete copy and paste will ruin your website and result in bad ranks in search engines like google. so you have to write your own articles or try to collect and merge contents about a specific area. This can be done easily for those who write down daily happenings and diaries but for those who write about specific things like technology, games, sport and areas like these it is a lot harder and you may even find out that your own written article is very similar to others. In these areas i recommend to write articles about problems that haven't got a certain answer yet.

For example if your website is about technology you should know that there are tons of reviews about mobile phones and tablets and just rewriting them again will not give your articles any reputation. but if you go around and see problems that people have and collect them and gather them around in your website and lets call it common problems about specific phone or tablet then these articles can easily get high reputation because they are useful and people will click on your results in the search pages. later you will even see that visitors come back to your website which is very important if you want to get popular and get better ranks in search engines and alexa. by following some simple rules and always trying to avoid simple copy and paste of others contents you can easily get better ranks but for getting people back to your website after the first visit you need to provide useful information that can't be found in other websites.

2. Listening to feedbacks

These days each website provide many ways for the readers to contact the owner and authors of website. for example social networks like facebook and twitter are now the most common way that people say what they think about your website or your article. another example is comments section of your website, people that have found your content useful or useless will write down something for you. that is very important to read these comments and answer them ! answering them is very important so the reader of your websites feels that you really listen to him/her. this is very important in their behavior about your website at least they will come back to your website if they find an email saying that you have answered their comment in the website.

While answering to feedbacks is very important, it is also important to take necessary actions if needed. for example if many people say that you don't mention specific mobile phone models in your website, it is better to provide articles which contain those models so users will see that their comments have worked !

Having a forum for your website is a great idea too, so people can argue with themselves about the things your write in your website and so they will come to your website to read others too which means you will get a lot more popular. Some may say that a facebook page can do the same too but i don't think so. a face book page is necessary but it can't do what forums do, forums are better when you want to talk about a specific thing with others.

3. Continuous Update :

It is very important to update your website regularly with new news and articles, if you have written many articles do not publish all of them at the same time, so by doing this you will have a website that every day comes with new articles and it is more interesting for people as well as search engines.

These were the most important things that you should do to get popular from my aspect.

On 2/13/2006 at 1:57 PM, itssami said:

Can some one please tell me how i can make my website a famous .My website has no any treffic.?? No one visits my website.IS there any way to make it popular ? Please help me , with your advices and suggestions.

Note. my website is on msn and yahoo already , and it will be on google soon too..

http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=pakdir&e=com

Use content promotion platforms to share your articles, blog posts, or videos. Websites like Reddit, Quora, and Medium can help you reach a wider audience.