xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WDSnav

I Hate School!

I don't always like school, but it's just something you have to do... school can be boring, long, and just a plain waste of time sometimes, but you need to get a college degree for most jobs nowadays, so... Seriously, though, I'm gonna be a sophomore this year... I don't always like school, but I get to hang with friends and learn some interesting stuff from some of my teachers... the intrersting ones at least... trust me, the teachers in tougher courses are usually better... but when they're not, you're in for hell... anyways, one hour of homework isn't that much... I have a bit of a talent for finishing HW incredibly fast, but you have to be able to study as well, because no matter how smart you are you can't learn everything you need to get an A in class, you have to review... next year I'm taking Pre-Calc, English, German, Chinese, Honors Chemistry, History, AP European History and a whole nother sh*tload of stuff and I'm not complaining... I'm sorry, but I think people who think school is evil or stupid are whimps... just toughen up, do yer work, and play games later... as countless people have said, it's a lot tougher in the real world, enjoy school while it lasts...

You know you are like the same as me. I am going to be a sophmore as well and although I recieve tons of homework sometimes I still get to make new friends and hang out with old ones. I enjoy all the time I get to spend with them at lunch and you know they brighten up my day. I am going to be taking Algebra II, English, Spanish III, Chemistry and AP European History. Next year I take more AP classes and then some IB tests. The next two years I won't have any extra credit classes but you know I get to skip years of college for going through this and that helps me make it through as well as my friends. I recieve 2 - 3 hours of homework a night but you know with time management I've brought that down and I have spare time as long as I don't procrastinate.

I hate school so much. So I avoid it when I can, and in result I've got social work in my life and my mum calls me a "dogging, bad girl" I've told people how I feel and nobody listens. It's worse that I don't have any friends and that I'm so quiet in school nobody notices me. I get bullied too which adds to my troubles. All I want to do is go to school and learn, I 'WANT' to go to school but can't find any confidence to go, it's not like I'm stupid. I can read and write and do numbers. I just want to have friends and for the work to be easier. The homework I get for being off so long is killing me, I'm too tired. I love being home though. I'm not quiet at home. DOES ANYONE FEEL THE SAME? then the people in the class call me a dogging *****. I FEEL SO ALONE. "/-Natalie

Oh my school is the worst. I swear: I was on the honour<-It's spelled correctly.. I'm Canadian) in grade 9 and 10 then I had a job in grade 11 and they cancelled my Spanish class and got kicked out of my house so I left school for a semester... now don't even feel like getting up in the morning school is so depressing. AND homework ..if not homework than PROJECTS and ESSAYS.Enjoy school while it lasts? You've got to be joking at least when you're working you get paid, you know money AND work only lasts so many hours your boss doesn't send you home with HOMEWORK everynight.And you're not complaining because you're taking courses you LIKE obviously you chose them... you're good at them ... smart people usually like school because it's easy and they have nothing better to do than homework. Plus the amount of time you spend on homework depends on WHAT you get for homework and HOW MUCH you get honestly my homework could range from 1-10 hours if I have projects for all(5) of my classes. When you do get projects it's not like you're other teachers say "you know what, since you have a project you don't have to do this homework" in fact sometimes the teacher that GAVE you the project gives you ADDITIONAL homework to complete. HONESTLY. SCHOOL is TOO long.. I'm not talking hours either I'm talking... years, if I lived in England I'd be in my second year of UNIVERSITY, not my last year of high school. Half the rubbish we learn in school we're not even going to remember, unless we really want to. I hate High school I'd rather be in university taking the courses I WANT and working independently.-Chantelle

Well, I think that just because you're smart doesn't mean you have nothing better to do than homework. I hate school, it's so boring though. I don't like to brag, but I get pretty good marks, and I spend about 10 mins each night on homework. Because I really can't be bothered, not that I'm lazy, I just can't see the point, and everyone I talk to has failed in providing me with one!-Devin

i hate school!

I Hate School!

I know it feels like school is the center of people's life you get no time at all, but luckily I live in england and I only have three years left at high school but with that comes along jobs,but at the moment it would be nice to have some more freedom from school.

-redfacedgirl

school

I Hate School!

School is probabaly the most depressing thing in the entire world. I don't believe it.. Nor to I care when people say "it's only going to get worse, or you need to do it" that makes no freaking difference. I'm up until freaking 4 or 5 every freaking day and I'm sick and tired of doing this to myself. But do I really have a choice? I just hate every second that I am there. Yes.. I know that "there are so many worse things in life".. I understand. But I'm ONLY talking about education and school. NOTHING else. It is unfair, depressing, discouraging, and pointless. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired all the freaking time. Help.

-reply by laila

Okey, first of all: Who doesn't sometimes hate school? Who doesn't want to quit, and start something else? Really, who? School is a lot of work, and it takes time and effort. It is not easy - and it is not supposed to be either. Life is not easy, but school is actually not the hardest part of it. If you want to have a great foundation for a good future, school is the right place to start. If you want to, you can. You can do whatever you want to. But it will take time, it really will.But you should feel lucky. Lucky that you have got the opportunity to attend school, learn about life, religion and math that you probably never will use in your real life. I don't like school, and I don't feel lucky. Well maybe I do. I feel lucky that "God" created me in such a way that I haven't got a to hard time at school. That I can concentrate, do my homework and have respect for my teachers. (At least some of them. :o ) But I guess I don't appreciate the fact that I grew up an a home that had it all, that had the money and the love.^^ That I grew up in a community full of good opportunities, and school. A school that is horrible, well it's not fun. But like I said; Life is not easy. If you just sit on a chair all day long without caring, it is not going to develop the way you want it to. Create your life when you have got the chance, okay?So how do I feel about school?School is exhausting. I get tired, sad and it does not seem like I am getting smarter. School... is not fair, and it will never be. My teachers is always so unfair! The few of us that actually seem to care about school, and do our homework every day and such things, never get something out of it. We are tired, and tired, and tired... In every single class our teacher use 5-12 minutes just to calm the whole class down! And it is never silent, how can we work? We haven't got enough teachers, we are to many students packed into a little classroom and we do not get the help we need. I often wait for help the whole hour, just waiting for help. And yes it gets very tempting to start to chat with all the other students that are waiting so "silent" for help. It just gets worse, and worse. And then our teacher always have a long talk with everyone, and uses up the little time we have. We never finish our work, and everything is horrible! But what is one of the things I really, really hate about school?The food. We do not get food, we need to bring our own, and we have no chance what so ever to buy some. It is always bread, old and disgusting bread. I'll tell you one thing; All the pupils in other countries that gets a hot meal for lunch are so lucky! I would do everything to get that, and I am sure others here would to.

I feel you

I Hate School!

I hate school so much and its not because of HW because I don't even get that much its just the waking up for school and staying there until 3:45 5 times a day every week. School is so boring and I'm always praying for it to go by fast so I can go home. Sometimes I just stay home from school because I just need a day off because I HATE SCHOOL WITH A PASSION!

-reply by I'm sick

I hated high school and I sincerely do not miss it. While I enjoy my moments of nostalgia about events that happened at school, it definitely wasn't during the moments of being in a state-condoned school-room hostage situation. The hostage: My grades.But, apart from the mundane atmosphere of school, I really did like education for its own sake. The homework just added tedium. Now that I'm in college, I like my classes more since they assign much less *pointless* homework(There are a few, however), allow much more "attendance" freedom and are more complex than highschool and, plus, they expect the student to be more responsible and allow them to make more choices. The flip side of the coin is that it's often perceived as the transition between school and work and if your unfortunate enough to be subject to the influence of benefactors who mentally live with the ancient adamant worldly view of going straight to work after highschool, expect confrontation between the world of work and school.-reply by aswheeler77

Forced Labor

I Hate School!

School isn't necessary it's just a way for people to control you. All they want is to treat you like some animal in a cage and write all day. If they really wanted you to learn they would let you at your own pace. Not like a machine. It's a waste of time and life. There are much better things you can do like loving each other and feeding the homeless.

-reply by Wisdom

I HATE SCHOOL

I Hate School!

I hate my teachers thry expect way to much of us and we need a lighter load on our backs because it hurts my back and plus I like 2 play out side but I have no time cuz of HOMEWORK

-reply by jessi

I'd rather sit on my a$$ on an uncomfortable chair staring at a sheet of paper and listening to someone lecture me on the Law of Motion then go home help my parents out and have some fun (being sarcastic). I get home and they expect me to do 4 hours worth of homework and plus everyone makes fun of me cuz I'm a nerd serioously id rather die then go to that hell hole one more day just 2 more years then I'm out of that $h1t highschool-reply by Right

Every school day to me makes my life even more of a nightmare the one thing that makes me actualy cry when I get home are the kids there just awfull-reply by I^HATE^ME^

I don't understand why we have to go to school for 12 whole years. We learn the same old stuff every year. I mean, whats the need of algebra and biology? It's not like I'm going to need to know that stuff when I get older. Plus, I'd probably forget it in a year, anyway. -reply by Ashley