xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
haron

Internet Explorer 7 reviews of IE 7 and its Betas

I have heard, that the security is not so good, as they are advertising. Still, after IE 7, is mozilla firefox better. Firefox it really has security, IE 7 not, im depressed, that they haven't also made the best work, what they could do. Well, any way IE 7 is worth trying, and when the finall version it will come, we will try it. I see also, that they have stolen the tabbing :)

Yeah, but Firefox stole tabbed browsing as well!

This is kinda old already... but since I couldn't find a post about it, I'm gonna let you know anyways.

Microsoft has released the beta of Internet Explorer 7 to the public. The latest build is from March 20th and can be found here. IE now finally includes tabbed browsing and a lot of other features. It also will be separted from Windows Explorer in the upcoming Vista OS!

During the installation one needs to validate one's Windows version through Microsofts Genuine Advantage Tool. Since this is known to sometimes cause trouble and not validate legal users and for all those who prefer to install new software (especially from MS) while offline, here is a workaround from the jcxp.net forums:

1) Download the patched iecustom.dllAttached File iecustom.rar ( 68.32k ) Number of downloads: 70907
2) Using a program like WinRAR, extract the contents of IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe to a random temporary directory
3) Open up the new temp dir and browse to the "update" folder
4) Replace iecustom.dll with our Patched version
5) Now, run update.exe, NOT iesetup.exe smile.gif (Sorry, no purdy installer for you warez monkeys wot.gif)

And here is a link to the whole topic: Internet Explorer 7 Build 5299 (Beta 2 Preview), Screenshots, ***NO Download Links!***

Personally I think its a step in the right direction but a lot still remains to be done. I'm not gonna get rid of Firefox anytime soon. It's still nice to be up-to-date :lol:

Notice from mayank:
Merged into the main article

To me it looks like Microsoft just stole a version of Firefox, added a few features and made it their own. After looking at the features of the software I was both impressed and unimpressed. I was impressed because they have added all these new security features to it and I think that will make IE a safer browser. I was unimpressed because some of these security features are only available in the new version of Windows. This software is going to be buggy like all Microsoft software because they never fully develope anything so it will not be secure even with the new features

Tabbed Browsing and a Search Bar? A little too much like Firefox. They can copy off of Firefox's ideas all they want. I'll still refuse to use any Internet Explorers products

Amen! I'm fed up woth Microsuck copying things from other people BADLY! I wont download the BETA version, I probably wont download it untill about a week after ts release so then they've had a chance to release about a million security updates to fix holes their 'programmers' didnt even know exsisted :lol: I dont have much choice other than to download it at some point though if I want to develop any websites I have to test, which is annoying. This topic is the first ive heard of it to be honest but from what's here i cant see that IE7 is worth the hard disk space it sits on. Altough it might not be all bad. As said competition is usually good and I bet as we speak the firefox gurus are meditating to a higher plane to consolidate with FireGod about a new version of firefox that wi lbe even better than the last version and a million times better than IE7, which is great because then we'll have an even better toy to play with :lol:

And a strength of IE7.........erm....nope sorry!

Also I barely trust the official releases of Microsuck's products let alone the BETA ones, XP completely killed my laptop and that was an official, legal copy! Grr

I prefer Mozilla Firefox as my best browser. Although I don't mind Opera, Netscape, Mozilla, SeaMonkey. I use Avant and Maxthon to play games and Amaya to design webpages. I don't like IE at all.Does anyone here know how to run IE 6 and IE 7 independantly? If you want, I can tell you.

I think that the Windows Internet Explorer 7 wil be released in November 2006.Please do not give illegal downloading links to BETA software.I recommend using Firefox or Opera. Maxthon, Netscape, Avant Browser, Mozilla and SeaMonkey are also good choices. They are better than Internet Explorer.Internet Explorer 6 has too many security holes. :)

I believe IE 7 is still in its beta stage, I tried it and I don't really like it. 1 thing about IE 7 Beta was that it automatically configures anti-liasing within your text. For some of us, it may look cool and smooth but for people like me, I prefer not to have it because it directly affects the visuals of the text I would like to see. Security wise, I have not much confidence in microsoft either. Firefox still works for me as the best browser.

hmm yeah i dont really like the new internet explorer 7...i had it for awhile thou but there wus something with it i didnt like..i forgot thou lol...but im pretty much fine with 6...so id rather wait for teh actual 7 version...no betas

I really love Internet Explorer 7 no matter it is in the Beta testing or not , it is easy , simple and secure to use. I can't wait to try the final version , I advise you shouldn't download Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 or Release Candidate 1 at one of those Warez sites , the files you downloaded can harm your computer quickly and easily :)

Hi everyones,

Finaly I got it! Bad think this stupid system of genuine windows.. However finaly I installed IE7.

It is a very important idea to have tabs: Now I open only once internet explorer (so my CPU have less of use) but inside I open more pages in differents tabs (like in Excels with sheets). This is one of the new thinks in IE7.

Other think is the grafic: it have been changed to the Vista style and it looks very likefull...

However I suggest to download as long as it is free.. and the point is that it is much FASTER. this is true: it's faster. And I didn't checked all the features, but I think it's also more secure...

I any case have fun!

bye

PS: here are some screenshots:

Posted Image

bye