xisto Community
BOAW

Other Free Hosting Sites

acutally, my first hosting site was http://www.webs.com/. its acutally not a bad host. It depends on what you think.it has a 40mb disk storage and it uploads by browser.its very easy to use toothe only problem is an unnoticalbe banner, and 1 ad on your site but the ad actually ads colour to ur site.heres my site, i plan on swithcing here because freewebs has a 50 file limit

Awardspace.com is generally good and it doesn't require posting, but it has 2 big drawbacks:1. A ridiculous banned word list which they won't even reveal because "they're banned for a reason" so if you've accidentally included a banned word in one of your pages you have to go through a long process of trial and error until you find which one it is.
2. The servers tend to go down a lot. There's good online support, but there's not much you can do while they're trying to fix them.

dude thats gotta suk.

iGB was a great free host...until it didn't offer free hosting anymore. I still like it, and they keep my site up on it to to this day even though iGB's main site doesn't really exist anymore. It's the only host I've used that had PHP 5, so I could install the latest version of Mediawiki, a must for my coding wiki. They were really lax about posting too. There were no hosting credits, and you didn't have to post if you didn't want to, but it would be appreciated. I tried to post when I could, but many others stopped when they got the required amount of posts. You can see why it didn't work out too well later on, as ad revenue from forum posting wasn't doing too well. Still, I'm glad that they haven't pulled the plug for any of us with free accounts there.

Another good place to get free hosting is 110mb. Thats where my old site is hosted until I found Xisto! But 110mb is great if you know what your doing, the place gives you great features but they are horrible in support. I asked for support there quite a few times and you never get a reply quick enough. Xisto seems way better.

I used to think 110mb.com was great. But in the end, it almost destroyed my forum. I had to get away as soon as possible. Thats when I found Xisto.com. 110mb.com is good, but just don't run a forum on it. Seriously.

I love Xisto and Xisto free hosting for no ads and the best service. the other best alternative i've tried is Smoky Hosts. they offer good packages. But you'll need to complete offers and such to keep your account going on.

freehostia.com has worked very well for me. They are totally free and don't require any kind of posting or anything. They give you a decent amount of space and bandwidth. The only thing I have a problem with is the 500kb file size limit. A lot of images these days are much larger than that, so I have to do some resizing of photos with photoshop. Another problem I have to deal with constantly is working around the disabled mail() function. Other than those two problems, they are a great free host. 99% uptime is pretty accurate. They have a nice ticket system for support. They respond very quickly and courteously to your requests for support. Their web based control panel is very nice and clean and powerful. I definitely recommend them as a free host for a small website using php and mysql.

freehostia.com has worked very well for me. They are totally free and don't require any kind of posting or anything. They give you a decent amount of space and bandwidth. The only thing I have a problem with is the 500kb file size limit. A lot of images these days are much larger than that, so I have to do some resizing of photos with photoshop. Another problem I have to deal with constantly is working around the disabled mail() function. Other than those two problems, they are a great free host. 99% uptime is pretty accurate. They have a nice ticket system for support. They respond very quickly and courteously to your requests for support. Their web based control panel is very nice and clean and powerful. I definitely recommend them as a free host for a small website using php and mysql.

I think I'm gonna try it... thanks

I have some experience with some free hostings, I need to have som MySQL DB's, PHP support and of course good bandwith and space. These are the sites I've tried:

1.- 110mb.com Great site, amazing features, PHP, MySQL, but they recently disable my MySQL because... I don't know; well the thing is if you wanna have a db you have to pay $ 9,95 once. Other teatures as fsockopen() $5 and so on... The fastest I've tried so far. No Ads.

2.- hostistry.com Good NO ADS OS SPAM hosting. Great features, domain, fantastico, cool control panel. 7 free db's!, but pretty slow.

3.- newsit.es Great features too... MySQL Database Admin v1.5.5 (pretty simple) 5 free databases... No ads; slow.

4.- 12GbFree.com Well lot of space, 3 DB, a little white minibanner at botton with their ad (12Gbfree... blah, blah), not very annoying. A little bit faster than the number 2 or 3. MySQL phpmyAdmin, etc.

5.- freephpwebhosting.net 1000MB (1GB) Disk Space, 10000MB (10GB)Bandwidth, Easy to use WYSIWYG Editor, Full FTP support, PHP, 2 mysql databases

One click wordpress blog script install, One click Phpbb forum install One line text self-advertising at the botton of your page. Little bit faster.

6.- 1111mb.com great one. Will die in a couple of weeks :P

Hope it helps

Approval is not very difficult at all, simply abide by what we call "the rules", avoid receiving any warnings, provide some quality posts and assist others with their problems is a good way to proceed. Essentially, treat others with respect, give as much as you wish to receive and your experiences here will be awesome.
As to the quality of service, you won't find many services out there with a full cpanel, fantastico, and the storage and bandwidth available here. Not even paid hosting services provide what the Xisto hosting service does, so continue behaving yourself and anticipate the Hosting when you apply.

I'd have to say that Xisto definitely takes the cake. The number of features offered is simply amazing. And the credit system is beyond creative and user-friendly. I've yet to find another web host that offers such an array of features with no strings attached. Post for host is definitely the greatest

Yes speedybiz, this is the end of your search for free host. I have also searched a lot before ending my search here in Xisto. And now I am a proud hosted member of TRAP, and like to be TRAPped here forever.

i am tired move from one free host to other...i think better to build my credit here..& host all my site with Xisto...free service that have more than paid service....AWESOME

Yes you will get paid service like quality for free here. But Trap only demands that you should be disciplined in your posts, don't ever post one-liner and always come out with some quality posts.