xisto Community
BOAW

Other Free Hosting Sites

Yes no hosting site by far I have came across is better than Xisto.It features really rock and most of people who are looking for quality and professional free webhosting and that also for free,you only need to post and thats not that difficult.All the features along with the fantastico and cpanel are rarely found in other free hosts,thats Why I rate Xisto as the best free quality and professional web hosting provider.I am lovin it :)

This place ROCKS... The list of features is incredible compared to the Free web Hosts out there. A full cpanel full of stuff, Forum software, Content Management systems, Photo Gallery scripts, Shopping Carts, everything for web site building you could possibly want except someone to do it for you... and that's what these Forums are all about.
Ask questions, get answers and answer other questions to assist each others.

A community ... and welcome, by the way...

I agree this has to be the coolest sight that i have found, it has features that you would expect to find from those pay to host sites but would never expect a free site to have. I have found other sites to be set up for those who have experience doing web sites and all guru like people. This hosting is set up so even a child could use.

The control panel is all organized and has a simple but sleek interface. I wish i had found this site sooner. I am gonna dump my other host because it puts pop ups and crap that ruins the look of my webpage. I am a World of warcraft player and wanted to start a website for my guild. This is my new home for now and ever. I love this site

About awardspace.comI am trying today some free web-hosts. The thing is Xisto is very good, these forums are quite friendly, but I would rather not have to post quite frequently.The website I'm doing is more like leisure activity, so I hate the fact that I must remember to post from time to time. I know, nothing is for free, but I'll give it a shot today to search for some alternatives.Anyway, by where I got until now, I'm not very confident I'll find something ok. Either no free MySQL, or no PHP support, etc.But the reason of my topic, to say about my experience with awardspace.comEverything sounded right, PHP support, 1 MySQL database (enough for me), enough file space and bandwidth.The problem came after I activated my subdomain and moving a first file (the homepage) from trap to there.Although my internet connection was good, the homepage was in 2 cases out of 10 inaccesible, that considering there was nothing special on it, and the code worked here on trap. Also, when it did load, it loaded very slow, without a reason.I'm sorry I wasted my time with them. I checked the trap forums before for something on them, but the words against were few and not to convincing. It's good when people say their bad experiences with other hosts, it saves some peoples' time.So, so much for awardspace.later edit: Finally, I gave up. Nothing else good exists. Either ads of some kind, either lack of basic functionalities, either STUPID overdomain names (yes, I would really like my website to be anything.freefreefree.com). As I said somewhere before, Xisto is an awesome name. I think I'll start at one moment my own free hosting company, as all the others (besides trap) simply suck.

Edited by bittr (see edit history)

I use to use bravenet and it was OK, but there was no php support and you have to sign up before you can use their email services. But you get free sub domain on activation and you have a limit of up to 5 sub domains. Overall, i think its faster to use bravenet, because you don't have to worry about posts or using the forums, except there are Ads on every page.Another host i use to use was 741.com which was by far the worse free host i used. They actually embedded pop-up ads on your page...so you have to see them when you enter each page. At least with other free host that have pop-ups you can enable your pop-up blocker and they would be removed. Bu this host forces you see their ads :)

Well i'm not sure of the exact rules there as i'm not having an account there but i think they have similar rules like Xisto

they provide free hosting and free domain nameThere is one more x10hosting which hosted my earlier site. But i had lot of issues there and my account was getting suspended time and again in spite of forum postings. For others it has been satisfactory.

There are indeed quite a few free web hosting companies out there (although quite a few have disappeared or been absorbed too, eg. Xoom, Lycos is not free anymore etc.).However, if you look, many (if not most) of them offer the full works like PHP and MySQL, email and the works, that is, until you sign up, then when you try the aforementioned features, you get the message that they are only for paying accounts (then, if you look closely, you see it somewhere in very small print).And then I will not even mention the adverts some companies put on your web site. Some of them really go very far and are really annoying.Another problem with some of them is that they do not allow you to upload a great deal of different files such as .MP3, .PPS and (in some cases) many others.I had a similar problem with a free hosting company called Zymic. They offer loads of space, PHP, MySQL, Cpanel, but loads of deifferent filetypes will not upload.The other thing is, they are more offline than they are online, and half of the features they offer do not work half of the time.Although I have cursed Xisto more than once after they did their server migration (there have been a great deal of problems after the migration), I have yet to come across a hosting company that gives you all the features they do, and all the liberty in uploading/making your site Trap 17 offers.I just had a look at /legacy, the one someone mentioned earlier in the thread, and it does indeed look good, but, what are the hidden things?I really must confess that, in spite of the problems that arose a while ago (which seem to have been resolved now, I hasten to add), I have never had a hosting company like Trap 17, and have not found one like it just yet.