xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

What Is This Number in our user ID panel on posts?

I have just a noticed a number in our user ID panel (the section to the left of your post with your user name, avatar, date joined, number of posts, member number etc.) that appears after the value for the date you joined. In my case the number is 190. What is this number and what does it mean? It may have been there for a long time but I have only just noticed it.

well,i just noticed the number when you reminded.

what's that...it is in front of from.it may be a num stand for your regist data?i have no idea.hope to get the reply from its author :blink:

Member number is the number total number of members at the point you joined. So basically, OpaQue is the first member and created the forum. His member number is 1. The next person that joined has a member number number of 2 and so on and so on to where we are now which is in the 10,000+ range.Another way to look at it is how many members were registered to the forum at the time you joined.I hope it helps :blink:

Took me a while of searching through Xisto's ids to finally figure it out. IPB forums are remote hosted I presume and that number is a measure of how many people are from the same place as you. It can't be just local Xisto because some people have numbers over 50000. If you look at people with weird locations, their numbers are usualy very low, with the weirdest having 0. Meanwhile real places especially vague like countries or states have high numbers. As a test I changed my location from Earth to Interenet, my number hasn't changed, but it probobly has a specific time for update. However the final proof of evidence was that everyone, without exception, without a location has the exact same number: 67864.

Took me a while of searching through Xisto's ids to finally figure it out. IPB forums are remote hosted I presume and that number is a measure of how many people are from the same place as you. It can't be just local Xisto because some people have numbers over 50000. If you look at people with weird locations, their numbers are usualy very low, with the weirdest having 0. Meanwhile real places especially vague like countries or states have high numbers. As a test I changed my location from Earth to Interenet, my number hasn't changed, but it probobly has a specific time for update. However the final proof of evidence was that everyone, without exception, without a location has the exact same number: 67864.

220957[/snapback]

its a nice theory but i think its not like that. i think its just a bug in the code. but i dont know. firstly im very sure this forum isnt hosted remotly because of security resons and stuff. Secondly i saw someone with the Number one and he or she was from Thailand and according to your theory it would have to be 1 at lease for it to be true and i dont htink theres so little people from thailand on all the IPB forums.

Well maybe not remotely, but IPB is someone else's property and they are in full right to demand and force a connection for any statistic. I've never hosted a forum so I'm not sure. But you are right, there are a few inconsistencies, even though I stick to my theory because most people work. For example especially in low numbers the number is usualy represented in tens, such as 10, 40, 110, without single degits. I have no proof but some of the odd numbers like low for a large city and high for a little city might occur when people type in city and state, or just city or just state. It's imposible to tell how they wrote the algorithm, and it's probobly encapsulated so hosting an IPB forum won't answer. If someones willing to change their location to "Internet" like I changed mine to test if they do change the numbers if we are the same. For reference my "Earth" location had the number 7045 which still appears.

OpaQue is installing new modules for would be the updated forum version. Just hang in there until more information is revealed. The new forum version promises to be very exciting and filled with different features.

Maybe the user number, is a key generated by random numerical responses when we enter our username into the registration banks. Ive seen it before, and I think it is a little cool.

LOL! I think that thing is because of the Army system. I disabled it completely and trying to figure out some modules associated with it. Thanks to those members who find it cool.. :blink:

hahaha there goes your theory LocalSeer :ph34r: i guess its some remaining code snippets from the army system that give every user some number. maybe all the people that didnt join the game have the same number and the other is like. number of soldiers or somehting. :blink:

LOL! I think that thing is because of the Army system. I disabled it completely and trying to figure out some modules associated with it.

Thanks to those members who find it cool.. :(

221196[/snapback]

If I hadn't read this I'd've asked what was wrong with the army system. Looks like my wish is finally happening (read the end of my sig).

But... some people have said that people who are not playing the Army System before it went down have the same number. 678 or something like that, but I quit it two months ago and my number is 20.

It's also intresting to note that it adds the coding to the Location, and that, from reading the post LocalSeer said, it might be related to the Location after all. But it does seem to be something to do with the Army System.

Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

lol I also noticed this the other day. I thought it was pretty funny but I had no idea what it was. Thanks for clearing it up I sort of figured it was a bug but I sort of like Local Seer's idea just because I think it funny. I don't know why even though it isn't true. Oh well.