xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

Is 21 Y.o. Old? Is 21 year of age considered old?

It seems being young you've got a lot of paths to take, especially with careers and job paths that lead to a plenthora of options. I may not be a expert at things, but my advice is to take it easy and take your time deciding your path to whatever you may wish to do in the future. Some may want to work for a big company in the future, or some may have worked and may consider a career change, or even those working might want to work for themselves and/or freelance (contract) themselves out to clients to do miscellaneous jobs for them. There has been a rise in businesses where there are invidual contractor/contractees/families run businesses where they hire themselves out to other clients for jobs (eg cleaning houses, repairs, and the like).

If 21 years is old? Well I think it depends on what you compare it too. I would not exactly think it is old, but it is kind of in the middle. Those mean little kids in the kindergarten here would probably think it is very old - like your life is over and now you are retired so you can use your time to play Playstation. :lol: No kidding, that is what some think! When you are 21... well, I can not exactly share my experiences. I am not even 16, and still I have less and less choices in my life. Just started on a new school, and there is just less and less to choose from. So when you are 21 I suppose you have some parts of your life figured out, and honestly I think I would hate that. I have still a dream that I will wake to be 4 years again, staying home with no worries. Good times. *dreaming*If I compare 21 with 75 - then suddenly you are young again! You still have a choices, many are not even done with their education, have important and great parts of their lives in front of them... So in my opinion it depends on what you compare it with.

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

I dont know, I know that deep inside the Kid inside of me is the one that rules, but is 21 years of age old? Well I dont know, maybe its just all relative. I still feel fresh and all, I am flexible etc. I dont have a single white hair, or marked wrinkles, but the fact that I am not a teen or anything else but an adult is what scares me. At the beginning I kind of felt like a kid playing to be an adult, but suddenly all these responsibilitys are coming and stuff that make me act more like an adult and I feel that the kid Inside me Is going to die or something and I will end up being a lame working adult where you cant run as fast, jump, be creative, spontaneous, worrying about what you eat, having to wear suits all the time etc.

Well whatever, what do you guys think about age. Has the kid inside of the adults been destroyed? What is it like further down the road?

Sorry if this comment offends anybody or is in the wrong forum, or if it doesnt make any sense. Posted Image

Growing old sucks. First you count up, and then you start counting down. And would you really want to know what its like further down the road? No doubt some will say they are gloriously happy and live for there family etc., but nothing lasts forever. Which at some level is good, because otherwise there would never be a renewal.

21 is sooo not old.Is 21 Y.o. Old?

Are you guys serious! Did you know most actors in teen movies are in there twenties! Yes even those stupid twlight films. I remember beig 11 and thining 21 is young and I get to grow up and be someone! For crying out load most people are still in college! Your not old tll you drop! 40 is middle aged worry about that! Most people don't even get fine lines till your 30s! There are ome unfortunate people that get them really young. My boyfriend has had mouth lines sice he was 16! I'm 19 now I never thought 21 was old. Maybe in kindergarden because it seemed so far away.. But in kindergarten you think 12 is old! geez people you have nothing to worry about unless your the unlucky 16 percent whos had some premature aging since you were a teen. Live guys. Look around you your not much more then a child at 21. Sure there is more responsibility but that also means you can do mostly whatever the hell you want now! no parents. 

-reply by Steph

I am 18, and well i do not see 21 as being old, LOL im weirdi see 18 as being the oldest thing in the world, but think 18, and 21 year olds are still teensYET do not want to become 20, to me that seems super oldi think im just weirdit probably has to do with the ways the numbers arranged LOL

Okay, so you posted this in 2006, its 2014 now. And i just turned 21, i feel old suddenly, idk what it is, and i don't like this feeling. Can you tell me now that were years ahead. Am i old ?? Did that feeling go away ?? I really hope it does go away. I hope that from here on out i don't feel like this. lol