xisto Community
football123213

Which Is Faster Broadband, Dsl Or Cable

Here in india it really doesnt matter there is nothing more than 512kbps which is available on dsl is a mere illusion for getting that speeds...On 128kbps the maximum speed you would ever get is around 35kbps ie maximum!!i still have to try cable but dsl seems to be quicker and more reliable as cable mostly gets "server down"which is not the case with dsl!!

Cable availability round here is low, so it's DSL for me. But then I was using dialup until very recently so I guess either would have been a great step up. Hopefully better DSL speeds will soon be available here as well, I am far enough from the local exchange that 1Mbps is the best I can currently get. That is certainly very fast, but my digital camera has a movie function and I have been sending a lot of video clips to friends and relatives lately, it would be nice if that could be a bit faster.

I got a cable internet connection... it's 128kbps and it's nice... I wish I had a better connection but money doesn't help ;(... I have never experienced a DSL but I believe cable is better... I don't know... and... yes... a pool would be better!!!

I've had both cable and dsl. For my area, which is rather far from a large telephone HQ (for lack of a better term) cable is by far superior. With dsl I rarely reached 500kbps. Cable I can push the advertised 1.5mbs. Its really nice to download things that fast after having dsl. However, I have heard that dsl is better for gaming...not sure why this would be though.

Currently, I have just a 512kb/s ADSL connection for 2 computers, but it works great ! Don't really need a better connection :D WANADOO POWAAAH B) The problem of this one is the price :rolleyes: 30? for just a 512K connection :) But it is never satured :D Always the same speed :) No probs, no bugs :D It is 100* speeder than my hold dial-up connection B)

The answer u seek is both, sometimes DSL is faster sometimes cable is faster. Cable is typically faster but is on a shared account, so that means if alot of ppl are on in your area u will go slower, but DSL on the other hand is a gauranteed speed. So if you can get a DSL line with higher base speed that cable typically DSL will be better, plus dsl always has better upgrade options, better static IP options and better hosting options if your going that route.

I use DSL. It is pretty fast and has a very consistent speed. The only problem is that with my modem I can't network it. I have a friend who has cable and his connection (which was the basic package) is faster than my connection. Although the fact that he doesn't live in a heavily populated city probably makes it that way as I have heard that for cable the bandwidth is shared amonst a neighborhood.

i think cable is the better choice. ive had both and with dsl i had frequent disconect problems as well as the speed wasnt great. cable however i like because it is connected 24hrs/day and diconnects me alot less. and my internet provider has like 'high speed cable'(low speed) and 'ultra high speed'(fast speed) and the 'ultra' is great speed. the only time i would choose dsl over cable is if i was surrounded by cable internet subscribers

I reallly like the freeedom of Cable and the different add ons you can use with it unlike DSL. Dsl seems to be un cool. I dont know why but because you have to log in on some of them i dont like to waste time like that.

I reallly like the freeedom of Cable and the different add ons you can use with it unlike DSL. Dsl seems to be un cool. I dont know why but because you have to log in on some of them i dont like to waste time like that.

42797[/snapback]

yea i had to log in with mine and all the disconnects really turned me off. im not sure of the current pricing of DSL but my cable internet is 40$/month and my cell phone os same provider so its like 75$/month for cell and internet. not bad

In my country (indonesia) DSL is only about 70kb/s and Cable (from Tv Cable) is only about 20-30kb/s.. but DSL Cost me more than Cable.I have only to pay for TV service on cable (about errr.... (counting)... $70 per month) but DSL limited me to only have 1Gb or $60... you know what, i can get as much as 2 DVD if i use Cable... haha i have the cable online overnight and download everything for me....I also use CDMA phone which allow me to connect via GPRS. It cost me $25 everymonth but the speed only 18-20 kb/s

I don't know the two. I'm only using dialup... and here in the philippines, Cable Internet is cheaper than DSL.But I think DSL is much more stable than Cable because DSL, you own the whole line.I think Cable Internet is like a LAN.Am I right guys?