How to display status in vb 2005/2008 expressHow To Make A Web Browser

Status Text:

Label1.Text=WebBrowser1.StatusText

Form Text:

Me.Text=WebBrowser1.DocumentTitle & "-(wathever do you want)"

Url Text:

TextBox1.Text=WebBrowser1.Url.ToString

-reply by Skynet

This was usefull, thanks. But I don't like this kind of browser because it's too slow, and it's unsafe. I think it's better to use already made browsers for surfing on internet :)

So when a page is finally displayed when you click a link it open IEXPLORER!How To Make A Web Browser

So when a page is finally displayed when you click a link it open IEXPLORER 8.0, so it is not a browser as it doesn't produce a self contained program.

You can do simpler macro that Remote Control IExplorer with Autoit basic macro language you will have a coherent interface and an addon that don't need any runtime.

So forget about Microsoft it's another bluf to sell VB with a book included for some dollars and make serious youngs who want to learn programming in an endless loop, only exit is support.

Firefox, Chrome, Safari use Webkit library to display web pages WEBKIT.Org all embeded  in a QT interface, it's more serious stuff even if it is free, imagine they will have the budget to design F22/F35 switches...

Happy programming

Max

FirefoxHow To Make A Web Browser

Firefox/the Gecko Engine Is Created With C++ C And Java Actually (Strange Using Java In A Web Browser) But All The Files In The Folder /Chrome Are All Jar / Executable Java Files So yeah XD

-reply by Tobi

My this is bugged up! Someone help me!!How To Make A Web Browser

Hi Guyz & Girls

My VB6 is stuffed cos I can't get it to run Runescape cos I wanna make a Runescape Client this is my code:

Private Sub cmdback_Click()WebBrowser1.GoBackEnd Sub

Private Sub cmdforward_Click()WebBrowser1.GoForwardEnd Sub

Private Sub cmdgo_Click()WebBrowser1.Navigate (Text1.Text)End Sub

Private Sub cmdrefresh_Click()WebBrowser1.RefreshEnd Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()WebBrowser1.Navigate ("http://www.runescape.com/;)End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_StatusTextChange(ByVal Text As String)Text1.Text = (WebBrowser1.LocationURL)Form1.Caption = (WebBrowser1.LocationName)End Sub

-reply by Its bugged up! (or my VB6)

@iGuest

Firefox isn't actually made from Java. Those are actually packaged XUL files in the /chrome directory. Copy one of the *****.Jar files and rename it to *****.Zip. Then extract the .Zip file and...Look! XUL files!

pretty basic programming for a web browser! i bet this is how internet explorer and firefox must have started :P nice tutorial and there is even a youtube video tutorial which tells/shows you have to do this!

I remember that I created a web browser similar to the one you mentioned. It was like a modified version of Internet Explorer, just somewhat cut down in terms of functionality. There is no back, forward, refresh, or history button. I find that it loads faster than IE due to the fact that has no add ons. I think there are probably tutorials for more complicated browsers on Youtube.

Hi!I don't exactly know why earlier posters in the thread mention that using the Web Browser control on a Visual Basic form gave them a slower browser. It should have been faster because it does not load all of the controls that Microsoft Internet Explorer does. I'm not sure of whether it loads the add ons though I do believe that it loads the plugins (such as Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, and the Java Runtime plugin for the browser).In response to an earlier post, I would like to mention that even if Firefox was building using Visual Basic, it would be possible to distribute the software - using a proprietary language or platform does not mean that the software built with it cannot be distributed for free. In fact, there are several programs built with C# and distributed with Linux to run over the Mono .NET framework.

actually, the loading time of the browser will be speed up when you complete it with the http:// mark. As much as I've found out, it's trying to resolve the URL and then go to the address. So you'd better design a program that resolves it automatically. Try it! 

-reply by domdayta1