xisto Community
rejected

How To Make A Web Browser Visual Basic 6

I wanna make one not based on internet explorer :lol:

I do too! :rolleyes::lol: Is that even possible?

Hi!
I don't exactly know why earlier posters in the thread mention that using the Web Browser control on a Visual Basic form gave them a slower browser. It should have been faster because it does not load all of the controls that Microsoft Internet Explorer does. I'm not sure of whether it loads the add ons though I do believe that it loads the plugins (such as Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, and the Java Runtime plugin for the browser).

In response to an earlier post, I would like to mention that even if Firefox was building using Visual Basic, it would be possible to distribute the software - using a proprietary language or platform does not mean that the software built with it cannot be distributed for free. In fact, there are several programs built with C# and distributed with Linux to run over the Mono .NET framework.

I think Internet Explorer is rubbish anyway! Wait to hail IE9 ! that is why it's SOOOO slow!

The refreshing code would beme.webbrowser1.refreshi believe. the navigate for the refresh just takes you to another site. I have been making many different versions of webbrowsers and have had to type almost the exact same code. webbrowser1 Is the default name for the web form. :ph34r:

Private Sub WebBrowser1_StatusTextChange(ByVal Text As String)Text1.Text = (WebBrowser1.LocationURL)Form1.Caption = (WebBrowser1.LocationName)End Sub
This changes the text box's text into what URL that you're currently at, and the next line makes the caption of your form into the header of the URL.
There you are, a tutorial on how to make a browser, thanks for your time :D.

In Visual Basic 2010 Express, LocationURL is not a member of System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser. (Neither is Location.Name)