xisto Community
rejected

How To Make A Web Browser Visual Basic 6

This topic is nearly three years old. Oh yeah by the way it would be lovely if you had the pictures. If you needed a progress bar this is mine from my web browser app

With ProgressBar1.Minimum = 1.Maximum = 10000.Value = 1.Step = 1ProgressBar1.Visible = TrueFor i As Integer = .Minimum To .Maximum.PerformStep()Next iEnd With

download manager?popup blocker? tabs?how DO they do it?????

How To Make A Web Browser

Replying to MarCrush

You could dim a new form and when he opens a new window you could open the form but I don't know how to put a browser in it...

-reply by Zeusthedevil

web browser

How To Make A Web Browser

Replying to rejected

Cool tutorial

Its the first time I don't get lost

Iv got a code too ad, hope you don't mind

Private Sub txt1_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)

If KeyAscii = 13 Then

WebBrowser1.Navigate (txt1.Text)

End If

End Sub

Its fore making it navagate with enter

Don't forguet too chnage the text name or it wont work

-reply by kungfugirlbrasil

how i create web page in vb6How To Make A Web Browser

hi guys pls help me how I create my web page in vb6,pls send more info to my email rcg_27guerra@yahoo.Com, or just text my # 09174784265....

I need the codes and the properties of this project...

great!How To Make A Web Browser

it was really great! thanx for the valuable info...It helps me a lot in completing my study project..

really2 thank you =)

-reply by salwa

It uses the IE6 framework for the browsing - so what ever security vulnerabilities IE6 has, this will too.Also yeah, it renders slowly, poorly and any other "ly" word :D--Learn C++ and Gecko rendering! Then you could make one as good as firefox :DThat is... If you had a team of 50

It uses the IE6 framework for the browsing - so what ever security vulnerabilities IE6 has, this will too.

Also yeah, it renders slowly, poorly and any other "ly" word :D

--

Learn C++ and Gecko rendering! Then you could make one as good as firefox :D

That is... If you had a team of 50

Yes, That's true. The kind of browsers made in VB6 or VB2008 are really poor and insecure but nicely done tutorial, even if this are some really basic things in VB6.

And also flashy I don't think it's needed 50 people to do a better browser or almost as good as firefox. If you really know programming than you could do it but it would take some time. I think 10-15 good programmers would be enough.

Cheers!

This is very easy I am sure many of you members are able to do this :D

Yes that's true. VB6 is a quite simple programming language. But more than that making a simple webbrowser in it is a peace of cake. But the browser is very poor and unsecure based on IE6. There are more interesting things to learn about in visual basic 6 :D. I recomand you guys to check it out.

Cheers!

You should try Visual Basic 8? I think It looks alot better when finished a bit more harder to code but will look fantastic and alot more features to use :D.Also if you want to make More things Youtube is a great place!

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

You should try Visual Basic 8? I think It looks alot better when finished a bit more harder to code but will look fantastic and alot more features to use :D .
Also if you want to make More things Youtube is a great place!

Actually I do know to code in VB6 and VB2008. They are almost simillar and yes the result looks better and is better. They learn us at school VB6/VB2008, QBasic or Dev-C++ xD. So I know some things. Anyway the best webrowser can be achieved in C++ and you can get to Mozilla's or IE7's performances. But C++ is more difficult and really hard to learn all alone. I tell you from my experience; It was pretty hard to get accustomed to Dev-C++'s things. And I'm still a newbie at it. I just know to do simple programs but nothing more.