xisto Community
malapidp

Various Religions, beliefs and conviction discussions of faith and opinions

First of all, I have nothing against those who don't believe. I say that I'm not very religious but I am a spiritual person. I know of some who like to think their religion is better than others and my opinion is that we (all religions) are all branches of the same tree and we all stem from the same belief that there is a higher power, that somehow we are made as instruments to serve our neighbors and to ultimately serve God. Those people who like to believe that theirs is THE religion should think that God will never forsake His other children and give salvation to only a few. I was born and I grew up here in the Philippines, a country hugely populated by devout Catholics. With regards to my faith, I believe in a higher power, with God, partly because of my upbringing (I have a religious family) but mainly because I know there is God, there has to be. They say that if there is no God then there is no sin because God gave all these commandments for us to follow and if we don't believe in God then we might as well do whatever it is that we wish to do without consideration of our actions. God is here to constantly remind us of our limits so we don't stray on the wrong path.

personally, i belive that there is a god but not in organized religion. i find it to be too corrupt and hypocritical. me and most of my friends were raised n a baptist school and now we go to public school. my one friend is the one who makes me think religion is fake. some one would ask her "why do you believe that?" her response: "because that's what i was told all my life and i belive it" so if she was told that evolution was true she'd be athetist? or that buddah was real she'd be a buddist? it makes her seem brainwashed. then she goes off bashing other religions (like baptists normally do) and hating people cuz they dont belive what she does. living proof for me!

God Bless our differences. Christians, Jews, Muslims and others. They have a powerful impact on our lives and our history. (the differences) I would prefer to believe that these differences are a strength in the nature of Man rather than a flaw. Without these opposing views, we would not be intellectually challenged and might've missed out on some intellectual advances in the past if it weren't for debates, discussions, and inquiring minds.These differences need not be negative by nature, although they often are. There are religions around which embraces the differences, unlike most other religions. I offer the Bahai Faith as an example. A principle belief in the Bahai religion is that the originating members of a religion are viewed as 'manifestations' of God. Each of the 'manifestations' offer a 'higher demand' on Mankind's need to reach spiritual attainment. That is to say that each new manifistation 'raises the bar', so to speak, and asks that the Societies and Cultures strive for higher standards. I am not exactly a scholar in this topic, but it goes something like this: Abraham, the 'founder' of the Jewish religion, set some standards for his current level of Civilization. Then Christ comes along and sets new, higher goals. Then Mohameed (sp) or whoever it was that is the founder of the Muslim faith adds to the knowledge base. (in whatever time frame/order they each occurred) The Bahai members recognize each of these manifestations and although they have their own 'manifestation', they do not deny the others, rather, they support all religions. They would prefer that Society as a whole would practice a single religion, but they mostly ask that others practice an organized religion, believe in God, and act in their own lives like all this stuff matters not only to individuals, but collectively throughout Society. In practical matters, they believe that the Nature of Man is good, that there is equality between the sexes, that education and the pursuit of intellectual strength is important, that is is one god governing the Universe, there is no proof of re-incarnation,and that eventually, all the strive in the world will be removed. They are hugely in favour of the United Nations.And, no, I am not Bahai. If I were, I would be able to expound further and might have been better able to express these views. I may have some factual errors in there, and if I do, please correct them for me. Thanks.Oh, and I think they recognize 7 manifestations: Buddha, Abraham, Christ, the Muslim, Bahaluah (sp) ( their Prophet), and the others I forgot.

I am so tired of religion in the United States!  Everyone thinks that their reliogn is THE right one and better than everyone elses in the entire world.  Christianity is the one that I really hate.

They are so sure that just because they have some old book that could have been written/make up by ANYONE there reliogn is true and they need ot convert eveyone else.  What about PROOF??  I would appriciate it is any Christians could reply and tell me why they belive in the Bible.

214711[/snapback]

i know what you mean. I have a few friends at school that tried to get me to go to church or believe in god. One of them even called me closed minded. Seriously, who is the closed minded one? A person that believed in something that came from a book with no proof whatsoever. Or a person that believe in someone that can be proven... It tisked me off. I always tried to argue with them. When i ask them that, where is the proof that god does exist.. THey were like it's faith..

One thing that got me argued with them the most is the theory of elevolution. I know it might not be 100% correct because it is after all.. a theory, but it explains so much more than god created the earth in 7 days. If you really think about it, if god did create the earth in 7 days and created human on the 6th day. Then what happened to the dinasours and other animals. When i said that to them, they were like, do you seriously believe in that.. dinasours existed before human beings. To me, they're just being really narrow minded about things. And if the diansours came after us, then why is that they're extinced but we're not.

My conclusion is that, does not exist unless there are actuall proofs. Not just believing in what a book said. No offends to any religons that have to do with god. I'm not saying the teachings are bad, because the bible does teach you how to become a better man. I guess that's the whole reason behind a reglion. But just saying something like that and forcing people to believe in a super being is just wordless....

lol I feel like I'm the only Christian here...I kinda scrolled through the first few posts and they all seemed against, but that's ok.

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm not replying to this post to condemn, offend, rebuke, or convince anyone they're right or wrong. Uiop, I agree with you about religion these days, and I also am willing to affirm the fact that I believe even "Christians" are going about the whole "religion" thing the wrong way.

I'm a youth minister, just so you know, and I dedicate myself full-time to my youth. My goal isn't to convict people of their wrongs, nor to say hey Christianity is right. My goal is to share with them a gift I believe I have recieved, and am called to share with others.

Now as for the Bible, I believe it's accurate for a number of reasons. There are a few key things to look at regarding the...authenticity, of the Bible. Mainly, uniqueness, preparation, confirmation through history, archeology, and prophecy. These are how the vast majority of scholars in this area judge different writings, texts, books, etc., Bible or other.

First off...uniqueness. Webster's dictionary by the way defines the Bible as "different from all others; having no like or equal." The Bible is unique from all other human writings in its continuity, circulation, and survival.

The Bible is amazingly unified, despite factors that would lead to great disharmony in ordinary writings. Here are a few key things to know about the Bible:

1. It was written over a 1,600-year span

2. Written by more than 40 authors in every walk of life, king, peasant, philosopher, fishermen.

3. Written in many different places, ie...desert, wilderness, palace, dungeon.

4. Written throughout different era, war and peace, etc.

5. Written with author's different moods, from happiness to depression, excitement to anxiety.

6. Written on 3 continents, Asia, Africa, and Europe

7. Written in 3 language, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

8. Written concerning HUNDREDS of controversial issues. (Part of the reason normal writings would fall apart over time as different kings and leaders rebuke them.)

Even with all this diversity, the whole Bible, and all it's authors, speak with a unified focus, "God's redemption of man." F.F. Bruce, a professor of Biblical Criticism at the University of Manchester, wrote:

The writings themselves belong to a great variety of literary types.  They include history, law, religious poetry, didactic treatises, lyric poetry, parable and allegory, biography, personal correspondance, personal memoirs and diaries. ... For all that, the Bible is not simply an anthology; there is a unity which binds the whole together.  An anthology is compiled by an anthologist, but no anthologist compiled the Bible.

Next we look at circulation. The Bible has been read by more people and published in more languages than any other work. United Bible Societies reported in 1993 that 2,062 languages had access to at least one book of the Bible, and I know personally that the number is now above 2,800, and most with complete Gospels.

Next we look at the Bible's survival throughout history. It was written before the printing press, and copied by hand on materials like papyrus and parchment. It was copied and recopied by hand for hundreds of years. Even throughout this, the Bible has more manuscript evidence than any other piece of classical literature.

The accuracy of the old testament manuscripts is the result of an uncomparable Jewish system of preservation...Bernard Ramm explains it as:

Jews preserved it as no other manuscript has ever been preserved.  With their massora (methods of counting) they kept tabs on every letter, syllable, word, and paragraph.  They had special classes of men within their culture whose sole duty was to preserve and transmit these documents with practically perfect fidelity. ... Whoever counted the letters and syllabes and words of Plato or Aristotle?  Cicero or Seneca?

The Bible has alos withstood constant persecution and discrimination. John W. Lea, author of The Greatest Book in the World, cited H.L. Hasting's explanation:

Infidels for eighteen hundred years have been refuting and overthrowing this book, and yet it stands today as solid as a rock.  Its circulation increases, and it is more loved and cherished and read today than ever before ... So the hammers of infidels have been pecking away at this book for ages, but the hammers are worn out, and the anvil still endures.  If the book had not been the book of God, men would have destroyed it long ago.  Emperors and popes, kings and priests, princes and rulers have all tried their hand at it; they die, and the book still live.

Now I'm gonna move on into the bibliographical test. This is basically affirming it by historical testing. Josh McDowell describes this testing as "an examination of the textual transmission by which documents reach us." Basically, we do this by examining the number of manuscripts and the amount of time between the original and existing copy. The manuscript evidence of the New Testament is incredible. There are more than 5,000 manuscript copies of portions of the NT in Greek and at least 15,000 more in other languages. No other ancient writing has NEAR this much existing manuscript evidence. Also, the interval of time between when the NT books were originally written and when they were actually documented and copied for preservation, is the shortest of any ancient work ever.

Another important thing to look at is the witness of Archeology to the Bible. Currently, there are more than 25,000 sites that have already been discovered showing connections to the Old Testament period, witnessing to stories of the OT. There have been many archeological finds that support names, dates, and cities referred to in the OT, which for much time, critics argued those cities never existed, and were only myth in the Bible. One example is the discovery of the Ebla tablets in 1974. For centuries the Genesis 14 account of the victory Abraham had over Chedorlaomer and the Mesopotamian kings has been held to be fiction, and the cities of Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboiim, and Zoar were thought to be mere legend. The Ebla tablets referred to all five of these cities and in one document even lists them in the same order as Genesis 14.

The New Testament has even more archeological evidence, supporting all of Luke's accounts regarding such things as the Roman census every 14 years, initiated under Augustus, an inscription in Antioch names Quirinius as governor of Syria in 7 B.C. and 6 A.D., and many other historical and archological facts that Luke attested to.

I can go into all the evidence the Bible shows internally, as in the fulfilling in the New Testament, written after 0 A.D., of the prophecies written in the Old Testament, hundreds of years earlier, but I'll leave that for now.

Basically, the Bible has remained unified in it's purpose, direction, and and has remained more accurate over a longer period of time than any other writing. I don't see what could possibly attest to all this, unless it is truly to word of God. Nothing man has ever written outside of the Bible has stood and lived the way the Bible has through so many generations, and nor does any other "historical document" yield the same evidence and support for itself...outside of itself...than the Bible.

People are always looking for proof, but I don't see how they can't feel the proof when they know that one day they're just going to die and that's that. If that's the case...what's the point? Isn't there a desire that we're always trying to fill, that we never seem to be able to? We have money, cars, relationships, homes, etc...but yet we're always searching for something more. I think it's because there's a desire there for what we were originally intended for, which is a relationship with our creator, God. C.S. Lewis once wrote something along the lines of "The fact that there's a desire that cannot be satisfied by anything in this world only shows that we were created for another world." And I completely agree.

Hopefully I can just help you understand a little bit more about where we come from, or where I come from anyhow. I recognize the many Christians who don't even read the Bible or know how they're called to live as Christians. I apologize for those who have not respected you and talked to you where you are, rather than stood above you and condemned you. Too often Christians make the mistake of thinking they're better, but we are all just as deserving of the same things. I write only with love, hoping to share the truth I believe in.

In Christ,

Jeremy

I am so tired of religion in the United States!  Everyone thinks that their reliogn is THE right one and better than everyone elses in the entire world.  Christianity is the one that I really hate.

They are so sure that just because they have some old book that could have been written/make up by ANYONE there reliogn is true and they need ot convert eveyone else.  What about PROOF??  I would appriciate it is any Christians could reply and tell me why they belive in the Bible.

214711[/snapback]

I think calling people "atheist" just because they dont have a religion is discrimination. Especially here in Mexico where people think they are so devoted and Catholic just because they go to sleep in church every sunday, and they are supposedly good people, when they are actually always doing the contrary of some of the 10 commandments, so were is their catholic a$$ now?I know religion has done good things for humans in the past, but it has also done some very bad things that have already been mentioned. Though I think the bad things totally surpass the good things. I am a good person, and I dont need religion to tell me what I need to be doing, all I need is my brains, and thats it. Though sometimes vengeance maybe strong in me I am still in control of my self and there is nothing religion is going to do about it anyway.I believe In god, I pray for him every night before going to sleep, with the prayers I was taught when I was taken to church and church school when I was a kid. And above all I thank god, not like most religious people that are always asking and asking, instead of acting. I am not an atheist, and I respect all religions and the people who are part of them, but I do not tolerate fanatics or converters, I think they should mind their own business, and who really knows whatever happens to the donation money?

I believe In god, I pray for him every night before going to sleep, with the prayers I was taught when I was taken to church and church school when I was a kid. And above all I thank god, not like most religious people that are always asking and asking, instead of acting. I am not an atheist, and I respect all religions and the people who are part of them, but I do not tolerate fanatics or converters, I think they should mind their own business, and who really knows whatever happens to the donation money?

Got to agree on that... Many people only pray and ask questions, instead of thanking for what they allready have. I know a lot of people who gave up their faith because they didn't get what they wanted. I asked them why they lost faith and mostly I got this reply: "I asked for this and that but God never gave it to me" or "God let me down because my life stinks". Typical signs of ungratefullness (typo? lol). They don't want to see the oned they love around them, the food every night on their table, the bed they sleep in, the roof over their heads and even the car they drive in. Guess what... They were mostly Catholics/Christians before they lost their faith... Kinda typical, since I wasn't raised religious and I even give thanks for every breath in my lungs.

Personally my faith isn't based on a book or on what a priest says, but based on experiences and morale. If I have to explain my faith in a human, religious way, I would say it's a mixture of the ancient Egyptians, Rastafarians and little pieces of other religions, wich my heart told me they were righteous.

I don't want to judge other peoples, but it's my view on "God".

Okay so let me start out by saying I have nothing against religion and this is strictly my view and I NEVER impose my views on other people, I mearly express them because otherwise that would be plain hypocritical now wouldn't it! :blink:

We live in a twisted world, where right is wrong and wrong reigns supreme. It is a chilling fact that most of the world's leaders believe in nonsensical fairytales about the nature of reality. They believe in Gods that do not exist, and religions that could not possibly be true. We are driven to war after war, violence on top of violence to appease madmen who believe in gory mythologies.

Osama bin Laden is insane. He believes God whispered in the ear of Mohammed 1,400 years ago about how he should conquer Arabia. Mohammed was a pure charlatan -- and a good one at that. He makes present religious frauds like Pat Robertson look like amateurs.

He said God told him to have sex with as many of the women he met as possible. I'm sorry, I meant to say "take them as wives." God told him to kill all other tribes that stood in his way or that would not placate him with assurances of loyalty or bribes. God told him, conveniently, that everyone should follow him and never question a word he said.

He sold this bag of goods to the blithering idiots who lived in the Arabian Peninsula at the time. If that weren't shockingly stupid enough, over a billion people continue to believe the convenient lies that Mohammed told all that time ago -- to this very day.

We live in a world full of insane people. Sanity is an island battered in an ocean of frothing delusion. The people who believe in science are the minority. The people who believe in bloody fairytales are the overwhelming majority.

George W. Bush is the most powerful man alive. He is a class A imbecile. He is far less intelligent than the average Christian. But like most of the others, he believes Jesus died for his sins. That idea is so perverse and devoid of logic it should shock the conscience. Instead, it gets him elected, and earns him the reverence of a great percentage of America. America! The most advanced country in the world -- run by a bunch of villagers who still believe Santa Claus is going to save them.

There is no damn Easter Bunny. There is no Jesus waiting to return. Moses never even existed. These were all convenient lies from the men of those times to gain power. Their actions were rational -- they wanted to deceive their brethren so that they could amass power. I get their motivations. But I cannot, for the life of me, understand our motivations, thousands of years later, still following the conmen of yesteryear into our gory, bloody, violent end.

Jesus is said to have said on the cross, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" Because Jesus was insane and the God he thought would rescue him did not exist. And he died on that cross like a fool. He fancied himself the son of God and he could barely convince twelve men to follow him at a time when the world was full of superstition.

Excellent marketing by some of his followers would later rescue his botched effort. How many people saw his miracles? One? Twelve? Eighty? Why didn't he show the whole world? Not because this is some giant pop quiz by God to test us -- but because he did not perform any miracles!

Even his apostles can't agree on what miracles he supposedly carried out or when he carried them out. Or whether he returned after death or he didn't. Whether they saw him in person or just as a vision. Rational human beings shouldn't believe this kind of nonsense. Yet most of the world does.

If a man today killed his only son to show how much he loved other people, he would be considered a madman, locked in jail and earn society's contempt. Yet we think this is some sort of noble act by our Father in Heaven.

In Heaven? What, with the harps and the winged angels and the 72 virgins? My God, how stupid do you have to be to believe that?

I know most of you don't actually read your religious texts, and when you do, you assiduously try to avoid the parts that make no sense whatsoever or hide underneath the comforting grasp of your religious leaders who have concocted a bunch of circular logic (a crime to even use that word in regards to Christianity, Islam or Judaism) to shield you from the obvious folly of the written text.

So, I'm not calling you stupid if you haven't really read the material. And I know how powerful brainwashing is. We all received it when we were young and it is exceedingly difficult to break its grasp. But people dance around the issue out of politeness because they don't want to call you what you are -- ignorant.

There are a lot of people I love dearly and respect wholeheartedly who believe in religion. I hate to do this to them. But we have killed far too many people, wasted far too much time on this nonsense for us to keep going in this direction for fear of offense.

Jesus was a lunatic. God is not coming to your rescue. He hasn't come to anyone's rescue in thousands of years, including Jesus. Mohammed was a power hungry, scam artist and ruthless conqueror. Moses and Abraham were figments of the imagination of some long dead rabbi. He would probably laugh his **bottom** off at all of you who still believe the fairytales he made up thousands of years ago. He probably wouldn't even believe it if you told him.

Did I mention Judaism? Orthodox and fundamentalists of all of the religions. It says in the Bible that it is an abomination to wear clothes made of two different cloths or to eat shellfish. If you think God will hate you because you mixed wool and linen or because you ate some shrimp, you are insane.

Right now as you read this, there are ignorant, hateful Muslims teaching other ignorant Muslims how to put on a suicide belt. There are orthodox Jews telling other Jews how they must never leave their "holy land" no matter what the consequences are to other human beings. They assure their followers -- remember, they are not the chosen ones, we are. If we crush and oppress them, don't worry, God will excuse it, and even desires it, because He is on our side.

There are maniacal Christians who are praying for the end of time. Who are hoping that most of the world's population is wiped off the face of the Earth by their vengeful and murderous God. Whom they believe is, ironically, a loving God. Unless, of course, you make the fatal mistake of not kissing his **bottom** and appeasing him, in which case he will slaughter you and condemn you to eternal torture. What kind of sick people believe this?

The kind who live next to you. The kind who voted for George Bush. The kind who send their religious leaders to the White House to argue against even-handedness in the Middle East because it would prevent their sick prophecy. The kind who have undue influence over how we use the greatest and most lethal army ever built by man.

If you don't want to be called ignorant or misinformed, then get informed. Learn the real nature of our universe and put aside old wives tales about resurrected Gods, omniscient prophets and a guy who could split the Red Sea but couldn't find where he's going in the desert for forty years.

No offence ment, purly a rant and again, just my opinion so don't feel like it is nessisarily right, just that I do get a little annoyed sometimes (if you couldn't tell). Thanks,

LoTech

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
We don't have BBcode called RANT. Copied from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/if-youre-a-christian-musl_b_9349.html next time you use incorrect code will result in warning.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Hi,Why does Jesus say, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"My Response:This is a very good question. Obviously, Jesus' words from the cross are especially significant. Everything in scripture and everything Jesus said is important, but we Catholics/Christians can be sure that His final words have special prophetic significance, and this is certainly so in the case of the quote you ask about.When Jesus says "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?", He is quoting from Psalm 22 (verse 1 in the English versions). This is important to understand, because Psalm 22 is a prophecy of Jesus' crucifixion. The rejection of the Messiah by the people (v.6), the insults they hurled at Him on the cross (vv.7-8 - compare with Matt.27:38-43), the pain of the crucifixion (vv.14-15), the piercing of His hands and feet (v.16), the dividing up of His clothing by lot (v.18) are just some of the more obvious parallels this Psalm prophecies. Jesus knew exactly what was going to happen to Him because He understood this Psalm and how it applied to His death on our behalf (cf. Matt.20:18-19). By quoting Psalm 22, our Jesus makes this clear, and makes it clear to all who would later hear these words of His that He was well aware that He would have to die on our behalf in order to save us - for this reason He came into the world (Jn.3:16-17).Some people very wrongly take this quote you ask about to be a sign of desperation on our Lord's part in His hour of trial - but nothing could be further from the truth.In the Catholic faith we believe in the Trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. We are forgiven by the Father, because Jesus was forsaken. The Father at the moment of the Cross turned away from Jesus because Jesus took on and became all of our sins, and the Father cannot look upon our sin, thus Jesus had to suffer that moment where the feeling of the separation and wrath of God went upon Him. So Jesus suffered the Hell of becoming sin so that we wouldn't have to face the consequences of sin ourselves. That's why Jesus had to say "Father, why have you forsaken me?"Religion in general is a good thing, only some people will abuse religion or use it for their own benefits, this is what brings down religion.

I am a Christian. I believe in the Bible because the bible can prove itself. They men who wrote it were inspired by god, writing what He impressed upon them to write. They actually wrote about scientific facts that were not even believed until after the were proven by science. For instance:They believed that the world is flat, but the people who wrote the Bible actually said it was flat. Another was that there were only six thousand stars. The Bible said that they were innumerable, and guess what? With all the technology today, they still couldn't even immagine how many stars are out there. Another, is that air is weightless. But the Bible actually said that it was, again showing that it was written by people who were influenced by God.The Bible proved itself. I am religious and enjoy my relationship with God. God created the earth and all that is it it. I think people reject that idea because He has a few laws that keep up safe. That is all when it comes to my take on religion. Religion is a good thing. I believe that Christianity is the "real" religion. Just because we are the oldest, and the only religion that can explain itself.

Personaly, i find all of these christians oppressing me the minute i walk out my door because im not one offending. Religeon is just giving people who are scared shitless of what would happen if they didnt have a saftey net. All they do is go to church to be told that they are saved and will go to heaven. Then you have the gangsters who wear their crosses at a shoot out, but simply repend and are allowed into heaven. There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is just 6 feet under ground. The body and mind shuts down and thats it. Its a proven fact that these near death expirences of people seeing heaven is actualy just brain cells being fryed. Relegion in life is nothing more but a monentus pipe dream at best. And all y'all do is get offended because somebody doesnt belong to your religeon.Most of these *BLEEP*ing wars are over the damn religeon anyways. Why do you think there are suicide bombers blowing their self to a million peices? These radicalist beleive that by blowing up christians they themselves will be let into heaven. Their fighting back agaisnt an oppression felt on upon because no body can keep their mouth shut, and learn to tolerate somebody else. They just cant simply say *BLEEP*it, their for they have to die.Quit being pussies, and get a life outside of cowering in your religeon.

i also, do believe in god...but i do not follow any religion at all.. and i woule say the main reason hat i do not engage in any religion is because of how much these super religious people go around for the church and advertise their church and ask us to join them..it gets really annoying...my family got so tired of it we put NO SOLICATING signs up and yet they still came to our door and asked us to join their church and their religion..i understand that they are trying to advertise and get more people to join in their church but when we repeatily say NO and no and no, please take my house off your damed list..but yet they still keep soming and i also have better things to do on sundays than go to church and hear what a preist has to say for god.

I must first ask you to state "I believe" before you decide to slam on someone else's beliefs. I will never throw down what you believe, but I'll respect it...I just won't agree lol. But there's nothin' wrong with disagreeing on something, as long as we're respectful.

For whatever reason, I can't understand why people look at religion as a safety net. My charge to you, if you believe SOOO much that there's nothing after this but death and "six feet under" is why do you even abide by the law then? Rather than just galavant around and do whatever pleases you most? If there's truly nothing to this but our few years before death, why isn't everything a big party? We go to school, go to work, try to get up in society...just to die? I don't get the point...I think people who run from religion are the ones hiding from something...I think they are trying to hide from an accountability they don't want to accept.

As a Christian minister, I know that we are held accountable to our lives, and as a teacher myself, I'm held to even higher accountability, and stricter judgement, according to the Bible. So if I truly wanted to run from something or was scared, I think religion would be the last place I'd look, especially Christianity, if you actually know what the Bible REALLY says.

Personaly, i find all of these christians oppressing me the minute i walk out my door because im not one offending. Religeon is just giving people who are scared shitless of what would happen if they didnt have a saftey net. All they do is go to church to be told that they are saved and will go to heaven. Then you have the gangsters who wear their crosses at a shoot out, but simply repend and are allowed into heaven. There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is just 6 feet under ground. The body and mind shuts down and thats it. Its a proven fact that these near death expirences of people seeing heaven is actualy just brain cells being fryed. Relegion in life is nothing more but a monentus pipe dream at best. And all y'all do is get offended because somebody doesnt belong to your religeon.

Most of these *BLEEP*ing wars are over the damn religeon anyways. Why do you think there are suicide bombers blowing their self to a million peices? These radicalist beleive that by blowing up christians they themselves will be let into heaven. Their fighting back agaisnt an oppression felt on upon because no body can keep their mouth shut, and learn to tolerate somebody else. They just cant simply say *BLEEP*it, their for they have to die.

Quit being pussies, and get a life outside of cowering in your religeon.

220543[/snapback]

lol I'll agree to that. Even as a local youth pastor I get people who come by here all the time, generally Jehovah's Witnesses. I'll say that I respect their mission and willingness to have a million doors a day slammed in their faces, but I agree that the best way to share your beliefs with someone is NOT to ring their doorbell with a "No Soliciting" sticker on it, or any other doorbell for that matter. I share my beliefs with either those who ask, or those who are friends with me. I also do believe that opportunities arise to share my faith, but I don't force those opportunities on anyone.

i also, do believe in god...but i do not follow any religion at all.. and i woule say the main reason hat i do not engage in any religion is because of how much these super religious people go around for the church and advertise their church and ask us to join them..it gets really annoying...my family got so tired of it we put NO SOLICATING signs up and yet they still came to our door and asked us to join their church and their religion..

i understand that they are trying to advertise and get more people to join in their church but when we repeatily say NO and no and no, please take my house off your damed list..but yet they still keep soming and i also have better things to do on sundays than go to church and hear what a preist has to say for god.

220751[/snapback]