xisto Community
jack

Host Your Own Radio Station! ShoutCast

Below, I have stated 15 options to go by (tutorial) to make your own radio station!

Enjoy :lol:

1) Download the DNAS. You can find it here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
2) Run the file you just downloaded, this will install the DNAS.
3) Download the DSP. You can find it here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
3) Run the file you downloaded and this will install the DSP into Winamp.
4) In the Start menu find the "Edit SHOUTcast DNAS configuration" and change the password to something other then "changeme". You can also take this time to change your listener count and port base if you wish.
5) Open Winamp and load the DSP (Ctrl + P > DSP/Effect > Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source)
6) In the window that pops up go to "Output" highlight "Output 1" and press "Connection".
7) For the address leave it at localhost if the DNAS is on the same machine, otherwise put in the IP of the machine with the DNAS.
8) If you changed the port in step 4 then put the value you entered in here.
9) Change the password to what you entered in step 4.
10) Change the "Encoder" to 1.
11) Click on the "Encoder" tab.
12) Select "Encoder 1" and change the type to "MP3 Encoder"
13) Set the "Encoder Settings" to the quality you want.
14) Start the DNAS (Start > SHOUTcast DNAS > SHOUTcast DNAS).
15) Play a song in Winamp and press "Connect" under the "Output" tab of the DSP.

- Also, to speak through your microphone go to the last tab on the right hand side and click "Soundcard Input". Hope you like it peeps.

Jack

You really should have posted this in the tutorials section.That's an excellent tutorial, though. It's tempting to give it a try, but I don't have the will nor the need. Thanks very much for the information

I have used the ShoutCast plugin before. It can be a little slow and buggy sometimes, but generally works quite well. It really sucks up the bandwidth though. Just make sure you set the maximum number of listeners low enough to prevent you sky rocketing through your bandwidth limit.

That's a really good tutorial. I would use it if I had a need. I have thought about it a couple times what it would be like to host your own radio station. lol You would have to get people to advertise on it though so you can make some money, or have google ads or something. I might have to try that over the winter. "Pleno Radio" :lol:

great tutorial, i guess it's useful, i can't instal it now, but it looks pretty good, i was thinking what are the legal terms and copyrights to run an internet radio station, and what can i do to get it legal?

Nice tutorial, but as mentioned above, it should be in the tutorial section. I am not sure what I would do with a radio station. Do you choose the frequency? Or does automatically find an available one? I may do it, I don't know, thanks for the info, just remember to post it in the right area, this really isn't related to website discussion.

It could have been posted under the tutorial section if it provided with great details. Check out further detailed introduction to hosting a radio station under the tutorial section. http://forums.xisto.com/topic/30394-run-your-own-mail-radio-server-shoutcast-and-more/

Jack, I'm not stating that your information is any less. Nice work by the way!

I agree with evry one here its an nice tutortial. I maybe try sometime to make an own radio station. But if I make it who will listen, lol it would be horrible B)Maybe my friend is gonna listen for some minutes B)Anyway goold luck with your radio station if you are going to make one B)

Very interesting. I always thought radio stations had to pay for their lisences, or else, how does the music industry make their money? Also this only works on the internet right, i.e. you cannot broadcast it on air on radio waves so that people can tune in to listen. Hmm anyway this is an interesting method of sharing your songs with friends. But I have to say I don't have the time to commit to regular radio DJing.

nice tutorialbut i want load radio on my websitemy radio , no yahoo or msn or ... radiofor example i want play mp3 nonstop for my user or play my sound for my userhow can i do this ?