xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Arigato

Google Analytics

Wow that is pretty cool. Once it becomes more available i will definitely be trying it out. It seems google will be entering the web services field like web hosting sometime really soon since they already have released an easy page designer to host with them. Hopefully they will release a free service that supports server side languages and mysql and such since that is what most of us here demand. However, even if they do ill probably stay here just because i love the forum and it keeps me in touch with the world in many ways i never would be if it wasnt for it.

Actually I realised this Google Analytics running on alot of websites before this service started for public use. On Xisto forums for example, I've seen the website connecting to the Google Analytics. Likewise for my own webpage as well, which I didn't manually added any related codes to it. I believe the services which I've used on my website connects to it to earn some page hits everytime someone visits my site. I believe the service which does this on my site is Tagboard.com. Over here in Xisto, I believe Opaque manually added it, or it could be that some modules used in this forums connect to it otherwise. I though this service existed quite some time already.Now Google advanced by giving this service to public. We all can manually add codes to monitor statistics of our site. That very great. Before this service, I've been looking through AWStats in cPanel which gives similar statistics.

Currently I use StatCounter (http://statcounter.com/; free with max log size of 100 hits), and just last night did I get my invite code for Google Analytics (https://www.google.com/analytics/; also free, with up to around 5 Million hits/month I think). After using Google Analytics for just about two nights, I have discovered that it's way fancier than StatCounter, and takes some difficulty in doing things that I can do very quickly in StatCounter. But as I said, it is more fancier and therefore more capable.

statcounter.com is the only one i'll ever use and have had no problems with it. it's free, but the free version only logs 100 hits so you have to keep a close eye on it. but i love the service they offer and the only one i would ever recomend

Cool, I have already signed up. Anybody know about how much time I will have to wait now?

I waited aout two months or so I think. But as far as I can tell, it's well worth the wait, especially if you are a marketing-type person. I mean, there are so many businees-oriented reports, and so little really webmaster-focused reports (despite there being a section on the navbar for webmasters).

I recently received an invitation from Google for my Google Analytics account. The service is more advanced than any other monitoring service I've so far come accross. It gives us all sort of information about who access our sites when, how long they stay and so on. The results are neatly categorized and are displayed in several graphical fromats. This service still in Beta is Really Great.

I recently looked at my analytics account when I got my DSL and saw that it even has a map and you can see which countries your visitors came from... It's pretty useful! Most of my visitors were in European or North American countries... There are also pie charts and various graphs. If you are fanatic about keeping site statistics, I suggest you sign-up for it. It might take a while before you are able to get your sign-up link, but believe me, it's worth it. <_<