xisto Community
devildude93

Daddy Long Legs Did You Know its most poisonous

you guys are soooo funny and ridiculously stupid. mythbusters even did a show on daddy long legs. guess what? the spider puctured adam's skin. it turn red and he said that it was a lessor version of a bee sting or something like that.

i have seen this thread so many times and so many times i just passed it on by thinking people will grow some common sense. but that never happened. so let's get rid of the myth right now.

the answers to daddy long legs are out there if you just google it.....except here. people are being really stupid in this thread thinking that daddy long legs are the most poisonous "thing". and go so far to say that they can't even puncture the skin when the true fact prove otherwise.

wake up people. don't be STUPID. you're pissin' me off!

He's right.

First, ALL spiders have venom (are poisonous) it's how they kill what they eat.

Second, Proof. If anybody is going to stick to the idea that daddy long legs "is the most poisunous thing in the world" than before you say anything back it up with well documented proof (doesn't exist).

And last, even if that was true, eating something that injects venom/poison into something does not make it poisonous to eat.

This is possibly the worst rumor ever started by some anti-arachned group. Daddy longlegs are definately not posionous enough to kill you. If that was true, you'd hear of people dying every other second just because they decided to clear out their basement. If you've ever watched mythbusters, they even debunked the myth right on TV. I say that we really need to clean up that stupid rumor, and get the word out that daddy long legs are NOT poisonous. I repeat, NOT POISONOUS. Hopefully people will stop spreading lies.

-A message from the "Spiders Rock!" Club :P

a daddy long legs can not hurt a human most people have them in their home during certain times of the year they are anoying but not dangerous or evenpoisunous who ever told you that was talking rubbish.

Actually, as far as I know, they are poisonous, it's just not as potent as needed to kill people. It's like claiming tranquilizers aren't effective against elephants because x amount will take down a human but not the elephant. It all deals with how potent it is and how much is injected.

Daddy long legs are harmless spiders that crawl about some hotels and ill-maintained places. There is a MythBusters episode in which they did have a daddy long legs spider bite the guy and it took a whole lot of persuasion to get one of the spiders to give him a bite. It felt like a tiny little sting to him, and I think being bitten by a red ant would have caused him more pain than the bite by the daddy long legs spider. If you do happen to come across a daddy long legs spider though, just let it go - they feed their tiny bellies on little insects and don't mean you any harm.