xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
XxPrinceValoxX

Your Favorite Rpg Game and why its your favorite

I am not really into RPG Games all that much. But, Runescape is pretty cool. If you consider the Harry Potter games as RPG Games, then those would be my favorites. I own all of the ones out so far for my PC :(

I don't know what game would be my favorite... There are so meny games that I love. Final Fantasy,Star Ocean,Golden Sun and a lot more. But I would say my favorite rpg game would be Final Fantasy 9 or 10 (X). I just love the Final Fantasy games. Why I love Final Fantasy 9. I just love the story line the characters and just the hole game. Same with Final Fantasy 10. I thought the story line was great. And the graphics and characters. I love how you get skills and stuff I think it was called the Sphere Grid.

My favorite RPG used to be Finaly Fantasy IX. I couldn't get enough of that game. In fact, after my Playstation broke I ended up borrowing a friend's for almost a year so I could replay FFIX. I beat it like 3 more times during that period, and it never bore me.Then I finally bought myself a GameCube. After seeing my first preview for Tales of Symphonia on a gaming site, I just knew I had to have it. Being pretty familiar with most of the Tales Series, especially Tales of Phantasia (can you say OMG water reflections), I just knew I had to have ToS. I bought it the day it came out, and within a week I had finished it. Now I've gone and played through it many times in order to get all the good sidequests, and slightly different endings. That week was the only week in my life I think that I thought doing something else was more important than sleeping.

Favorite RPG: FF7i know...you can all come stare at my old ps2 while i play a game who's grahpical support is greatly lacking compared to the games now a-days... I like a game because of its functionality and playability. Graphics are third...important, but not the end-all by any means. I love a game with a good twist...i think that's a trait inherit in most writers;especially a fantasy novelist like me.

i think everyone loves the final fantasy series of games, i've played through most of them (one thru eight) and would have to say that number seven definatly gets my vote. Its a brilliant game. I did enjoy going back and playing the earlier games to see how the gameplay has evolved. stupid sepiroth.also my runner up would have to be chrono trigger, with an amazing storyline and great characters this one is a must play for the old school rpg fans, would have to be one of the finest super nintendo games released. go frog.....also a lot of people don't consider the zelda games true RPG's, they are in my opinion, just a different style really, my favourite was in zelda 2 where you earnt experience to upgrade your health and magic.

My favorite rpg game is fallout , not sure if anyone here played it or seen but I call that a game. Passed it like ten times and it still is not boring to me. Every time I find something new. The first two parts are the best but the broderhood of steel is playable too. Fallout rulz ...

i think everyone loves the final fantasy series of games, i've played through most of them (one thru eight) and would have to say that number seven definatly gets my vote. Its a brilliant game. I did enjoy going back and playing the earlier games to see how the gameplay has evolved. stupid sepiroth.
also my runner up would have to be chrono trigger, with an amazing storyline and great characters this one is a must play for the old school rpg fans, would have to be one of the finest super nintendo games released. go frog.....

also a lot of people don't consider the zelda games true RPG's, they are in my opinion, just a different style really, my favourite was in zelda 2 where you earnt experience to upgrade your health and magic.

I really liked Final Fantasy VIII, but FFX gets my vote. I'm in the process of playing FFX-2 right now, and I'd have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with what they've done with the characters and switching back to the previous FF battle style. A couple of my other favorites would have to be Drakan and Morrowind (PC).
Edited by Iriacynthe (see edit history)

my fav game would have to be FATE. its awesome and gFX are great and sounds are great and whole game play is kool. also i lioke MU online. its like 300mb to download but its worth it. i have exc brass+8+luckz+4 pants that are worth over 30mil. i love being rich. i also enyog runescape and now im a member and that kool cause i can now cut down magic trees. and i can also enter the castle of wars my friends brother also has a memebers account on runescape and he mines coal for money which i think suacks because it would be so boring.

I have to say, Anyone who plays runescape needs to find a real rpg/mmo to play. Runescape is the lowest of the low in the opinion of a "Real Gamer". If you mention the word runescape in a LAN party or tourny then your gonna get kicked out :rolleyes: or even on most gaming forums/chat rooms/TeamSpeaks.

Sincerely,
XaDOFLITAN

Not to be back-seat moderating, but you're not supposed to sign off on your posts. Anywho, I'd have to say this even if it might offend people. The Final Fantasy series is over-rated. My favorite RPG Game would have to be Earthbound for the good ol' SNES. While its graphics were lacking, it surely made up for in fun and game play. It's under-rated and I suggest it to anyone who hasn't played it. It's a classic.

I find it difficult to rp in any online games, due to the amount of players that do not want to or feel offended when I do so, which thus breaks the "mood" of the game for myself. Recently however, I started to play the Dungeons and Dragons: Online game (beta stresstest event) and I found a rather large community of rpers that really made the game stand out compared to other games that were considered Online RPG's. Until I further explore DDO, my favorite rpg has to be Morrowind. Because it's a single player game, it really keeps you in character as all the npc's treat you as what you are, although a lot of the npc's have a similar response to various queries. The landscape and view overhead are simply breathtaking at night and well crafted. You can really see how much time and effort the devs put into it. The sequal to Morrowind, Oblivion, will be out in March (I believe), and it looks even better!

I'm not a huge gamer, so I haven't played a lot of RPGs or anything, but I -adored- Knights of the Old Republic. Brilliant storyline, good characters, amazing voice acting, and, come on, the ability to play a JEDI all rolled into one package? Made me very happy, even if the combat system got on my nerves a little. The sequel wasn't that great, though...

Hmm RPGs own.. I'm not sure what all you count in RPGs but there's few games i like really much :) Final FantasysNeverWinter NightsFallout 2Icewind DaleDiablo 2: Lord of DestructionLineage 2 Morrowind is nice too.. I'm getting oblivion soon can't wait.. i bet it owns :Pwell that's most of it.. Can't remember any more right now.. Getting sleepy.. It's only 6:09 am here.. Maybe i should go get some sleep -.-