xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

I think dreamweaver is the best one for coding and visual view. As a newbie I used Frontpage, but now I have moved to dreamweaver. I am still not used to it so sometimes I just have to go to frontpage and fix the problem there :lol: . I have also been trying out Adobe Photoshop lately. It's fun fooling around and making cool stuff, but I still need to get my artistic self in action :lol: .

I've recently fallen inlove with DreamWeaver. Sure, it's not 100% automated, but it's an awesome tool. My favorite part of it is when you're editting tags, it'll give you a list of options from the HTML Library. Atleast DreamWeaver 8 does. Not so sure about the earlier versions.To design, I use Photoshop CS2 (9.0). Coding, I use DreamWeaver.I couldn't be happier with either of those programs. Both are so user friendly and so powerful.Both are highly recommended.

I am using severalprograms depending what do I want to do.1. If I am doing some corrections for the internet explorer that is to adjust site to work correctly with interenet explorer I am using Front Page.2. If I want to work on the HTML XML or CSS I am using NVU it is free site building tool from open source community with plenty of useful option a lot better then Front Page.3. If I am editing or writing some sort of php I used to use PHPeditor however I have customized manually my textpad so I am using now textpad for PHP scripts. And sometimes but seldomly I use it if I need to make some adjustment to the html.4. If I am writing JAVA or JAVA script I am also using textpad it is the best overall scripting tool that is text editor and it can be very useful as you don't need to open command prompt to compile and run java programs. However if I am doing something with interface that is if I am about to write some kind of applet or something similar I use IDE (stands for integrated development environment) I use Eclipse also free and open source project.

I use a entire host of programs, Dreamweaver MX, fireworks, photoshop, flash MX, Notepad and recently Tidy.I tend also to use the tried and tested Pen and paper method.

First of all, hi everybody. :unsure:
i must say there are a lot of web building tools and each of them has their advantages and disadvantages. For example: Dreamweaver is very powerful tool and it's the best choise for fast mork up but in weak computers it slows down a computer. I use Notepad++. It's free and has several pluses. supporting Plug-ins makes it be more powerful. i like auto complete function in Notepad++ :( .
For PHP coding I use phpExpert Editor. It works very good. Preinstalled Debugging tool of this soft is good help for coder. It supports also HTML, JavaScript, CSS coding. and one can check work of program written in PHP without using browser. It's free for old sovet union countries. In fact i live in Azerbaijan and I have got free product key. You can download it from here http://ankord.com/
Corel Suite, Firework is my favourite graphic software. I don't like Photoshop it stops my computer :D .

Edited by Azeri_boy (see edit history)

I use notepad, Tidy (auto-cleans your html code so its w3c compliant), gimp (open-source version of photoshop) and 3 different browsers (IE, firefox and opera) to see if the website looks the same on all three.

I really recommend Tidy to design ur website, it really speeds up my work. I got my site w3c compliant within 5 minutes with it.

here's a link:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This sounds awesome, i'm going to have to check out this link

I'm seeing one big list of programs, can we organize making a compendium, just one big long list of programs, links if we have them, and possible uses?? I think that it would be so incredibly helpful and useful.