xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Myspace.com who has it, likes, dislikes, etc.

I am a Friendster user for more than two years now, i have heard of Mysapce.Com and a lot of my friends have been inviting me to join MySpace. But I reasoned out that what will be the use of Myspace if we are already connected by Friendster. But recently my favorite artist joined Myspace and she has an official My Space account now, so I tried to creat an account as well and join her group of friends. unfortunately the person handling her My space account is busy and my testimonial has not been accepted yet. hehehe So far, i am still trying to figure out some stuf on the page and i do not have other friends on the friend's list yet.

One thing that I hate from myspace is the way you have to work to customize your profile... It could be just as difficult as web design or just as easy as a panel... or templates. But no... you make your space and then you have to search how to change your colour, fonts, etc. because nobody tells you. And it?s so surrealistic as inserting code in a box where you?re supossed to enter information about yourself. As it became so popular people began to make programs to customize it. Some of them are good, somo other crap. Also there should be a limit on image sizes, because a lot of spaces look awful just because there?s a huge image or banner that someone put it into his comment. And it?s annoying that you can put lots of music videos, because sometimes there are 3 or 4 sounds going at the same time in the same site... and it really sucks.Mix this and you?ll get tons of rubbish in myspace profiles designs (well, also in comments, but that?s not myspace fault).

I agree about that. There should be an easier way to customize your site. Too much coding involved. But ya know what, a lot of people are doing it, so it must have an impact on the world and the way we communicate.

I have a myspace because all my friends have one and they're like, what your myspace called? So I made one because everyone just ask me what mine is. I don't really like myspace, I mean its basically like a blog except you have friends on myspace and they drop messages that everyone can see. I'm not a really big fan of it, but when theres time to kill, I just go on myspace and check if anyone dropped me a line. Im not addicted like some people though

Myspace is over-rated. I have one, and participate occasionally, but not so much. I check it about once or twice a week... Xanga powaa.

I don't know whats with people my age and MySpace, I freaking hate that stupid site, and yes its really dumb and has horrible interfacing, and did you hear that they totally blocked it from the origional site that the school guy created it from since it was 97% of there internet traffic!Anyways, I can create a better interfacing and stuff, just need live 5 engineers and 3 graphics people and a bunch of tech geeks at my school and we can crank out something that looks like a myspace or something better called anti-myspace.Anyways... you get the point :)

I have a myspace and I think it's okay.. I only go on to check the event things I'm sure other peolpe go on to check their stuff too.. so yea I check every other day and I think it's pretty addicting :)

I've got a myspace, and currently its been getting me in trouble with school. most people just sit on myspace and do nothing in class, since we have laptops that the school distributes.myspace.com/tylur_

i have myspace...i check it all the time heh...i find it very addicting, i mean when you find that you got a comment or message your get excitied.. lol myspace.com seems to be very popular now...i see it advertised on TV here and there...i find it to be a very good online community for alot of people to keep in touch with friends and family, and even make new friends. although ive heard news that bullying has been ocurring and threats i guess myspace is used for alot of things huh....advertising like you own music etc. but i think its a good site for the most part =)

merged three much earlier threads with this one dealing with same MYSPACE topic.

I honestly can't say anything about my space because I have never used it before and never will use it. The reason I don't like it is because of all the stupid layouts and templates made for them, it gets really annoying searching for templates:

myspace layouts

free myspace layouts

need free myspace layouts

layouts

want myspace layouts

1/5 is a good one usually, and only 2 out of 20 of the layouts for myspace are decient.

It is not really myspaces problem for having so many layouts for there company, it's just myspace is for people who don't have Xisto! lol.

I give myspace a 5/10 because I havn't actually seen there work but I hear it's not as great.

I personally dislike myspace and the creator because he made a bunch of money of a stupid blog... ARGH! Also the layouts for this suck. and the way its setup sucks. Xanga is alittle better but sucks. The only good blogging is your own blogging. If Myspace allowed you to cover the site up with divs. it would be better but not good enough!

I mean I really, really hate myspace. Every time I log on they are experiencing some technical difficulty, and then I suffer through it just to open a posting from some idiot about how I'll die at midnight if I don't repost their *BLEEP* posting. Why on earth do 30 year olds feel compelled to forward chain mail that has obviously been created by some grounded 12 year old???Now I've taken to hitting "reply" to the annoying postings just to tell the jackass (who is an old friend of my husband's who seems to have Peter Pan syndrome) that he is wasting my *BLEEP*ing time. So basically I've become a myspace *BLEEP*. Awesome.I keep my account because lately it's allowed me to become connected to people I had lost touch with and genuinely missed. But, man, do I hate myspace.

I've found that it can be addicting, but I don't know that it's evil. It just depends on what you do on it. I have one, I don't check it every day or anything, but I do have one. I think I've spent a total often hours in the almost six months that I've had it doing things other than just commenting on my friends and the like. I do other things on the net, and my myspace is just kind of a thing to keep tabs on my friends. That's about it, that and various music stuff.