xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Myspace.com who has it, likes, dislikes, etc.

Myspace isnt really any more limited than other profile sites. . . . infact you have a HELL of alot less restictions when it comes to styling your page.
Its got lots of features, Music section where u can listen to music of bands, and then add it to play on your page. You can make and join groups, and send off even bulitens to people. theres an IM built into it, as awell as a blog and buliten system.
Plus i met my now fiancee on there, so i cant really complain . . . lol

but yes, there are more users who are younger, but its not as bad as face party IMO, thats full of 12-16 yr olds trying to be all grown up lol.

Myspace is full of 16 -20+ generally, and alot of alternative ppl on there, Emos and such lol.

my myspace account add me if ya on.

well its another cheap blog service if you could call it that, but lucky for me I don't partake in blogs because not much to talk about. Of coure i been hearing stories that people are creating fake accounts with movie start sports stars and all that stuff, that should help business with them.

I like myspace because you can create a simple space for people to see who you are and what you are about. If you want to really be creative thought thats when I suggest getting your own sub domain so you can do more with it. You could use myspace as a basic profile to your actual page. I think its also a good way to see old friends that some how find you on myspace. I've had people I haven't seen for years find me on myspace. I think that is one of the highlights of myspace. One of the problems is when someone gets a hold of your screen name and won't leave you alone. I put my screen name on myspace for a little why because I had to delete the one everyone else knew. Some sketchy kid found it and Im's me everyday asking me stupid question. Thats one of the lows of myspace.

yeah, it's such an open place and there are so many people that you have to be aware that there is more potentail for creeps. My older sister recently found that out, she got a page there and she was happy to accept any person who wanted to be her friend. She started chatting with some dude who won't leave her alone now.The cool thing is that I found out that I've got a ton of cousins on there. It's a good way to keep in touch.

As far as myspace goes for the most part I think its a decent website. Its only been around for a couple of years. When a website is always in development as it grows it tends to sometimes go down alot. I joined the site when it was still pretty new. So much has changed since then. Because the growth of members and people on the site was so great in such a short time there are alot of growing pains. I like the fact that you have a site wide email/messaging as well as a website that is customizable and you can have a blog. There is also the bullitens. Those are a very nice feature. This way you can send a message to everyone on your friends list without having to send them individually. It would be nice to be able to send more than one message to more than one friend instead of the bullitens. But give them time and that will improve too. I also would love to see instant messaging improve. It would be nice to be able to instant message with more than one person at once on the site. You can on other sites. But I am willing to be patient on that. For the most part I actually like the site alot.

I made a profile a month ago more or less. I didn?t want to make "friends" because I don?t think someone can ask you to be your friend just after viewing your face and some stupid things like zodiac sign, sizes, religion, etc.I got into it interested for myspace as a great music resource. I have some friends with bands that have one and I think is a great chance for people to hear your music even if you are a very small band with good ideas. As I have an alt music website hosted here in Xisto, I thought it would be a good way to establish relationships with bands and labels. So in this month I?ve known a lot of underground bands from a wide range of styles that all of them really rocks. I think it?s cool if you use it that way. If all you want to with it is chatting with blonde girls with huge breasts I think there are other options. ^_^

My friends have been trying to get me to use this server so I could join their friends list and stuff. But, I really don't have time to make one or to keep it updated. Anyways, I would rather make a really nice one on my own website and then I wouldn't have to have limitations or ads and stuff. I could make anyway I wanted which would be a lot better then what some sites offer. Though I agree its good for teens, especially those that don't know how to make websites and stuff.xJedix

i think myspace is stupid haha its not addicting at all, i wasted my time just making a style/css on it..=_=' well to other people they're all.. OMG I LOVE MYSPACE. ITS SO COOL. IM GONNA GET ALL MY FRIENDS ON IT. its boring, i dont get the point. for friends? well maybe, but who KNOWS what they'll do? they can be a rapist and be your friend and all that weird stuff. just a caution. ^_^

I have a myspace, that is because my friend made me one. I don't really like using it. What you can do is limited, and my space is boring. There is nothing you can do beside post new entry and coments other people. It's so pointless because most of the friends you have on myspace, you see them everyday at school or online.

I perfer the idea of using a forum to post ideas and talk about something than having a blog.

195008[/snapback]

no offense, but maybe its only limited because YOU cant see beyond the "limits". as far as i see it, theres not that many limits at myspace.. fully customizable profiles equipt with HTML/CSS acceptance and no real upload or bandwidth limitations exept the number of pix you can have under your name, but if you look hard enough, thats easy to get around (just put them in your pro itself). Ability to play .mp3, .wav, .wma, .mpg, .mp4, .avi, and flash animation is an open feild of customizability. The page isnt "locked" in its format, the tables, or the link buttons are ALL changable with enough code and time. Ive been on myspace for a long time and its quite entertaining.. Knowing people from all different countrys. I mean seriously, i met people on myspace that went to my school and i never even knew they existed if it wasnt for their browse page. The bands pages are AMAZING, hearing different styles, unsigned bands, undiscovered artists.. i myself am in a band and our page is up (even though i just link to my webpage here) but without myspace, we'd still be a local no-named band. Its a place to showoff your webdesigning skills. People write their blogs there, showcase pix, graphix, music, their own sites, ANYTHING they want and people will see it. Its a GREAT website and i recommend it to anyone and everyone.. im at https://myspace.com/browser_ . MYSPACE ROX MY SOX.

My Space is not good at all. It has some dirt pages and not good web pages. Also helps bring out ALL your personal information which is bad. I think My Space should never of open. Also next your are limited to your webpage like someone said and all you do is post comments (sometimes dirty) on peoples web pages. So I think My Space is bad bad bad.

My Space is not good at all. It has some dirt pages and not good web pages. Also helps bring out ALL your personal information which is bad. I think My Space should never of open. Also next your are limited to your webpage like someone said and all you do is post comments (sometimes dirty) on peoples web pages. So I think My Space is bad bad bad.

206363[/snapback]

People don't have to see your myspace details if YOU don't want them to. Just make your profile private and they would have to add you to their friends if they wanna see your profile and you would have to accept it.

Anyways... you don't HAVE to enter all of your personal information!

My myspace is https://myspace.com/browser

i love myspace... i check it more often than i do my email... and that says something since im on all the time... i met a bunch of friends on there... most i dont really talk to but i do sometimes... and ive heard of some bands from there and i like them now... and if it werent for that, id never have heard of them... and the greatest thing about it is... i met the love of my life on there... i may be young but i know what love is... and yea... thank u myspace... id probably be depressed if it werent for that... B)

Cluttered- that's true. Although I really like mmyspace, it's just kind of silly to see what people with no idea about web design or anything like that just stick a million things onto that one page. They put up videos and a song and a survey that stretches out the page all on top of a horrible background wit a font color that's unreadable.It's a bit like when I first got internet access and people had just discovered places like tripod where they'd make their own sites that were just tacky and full of blinking, animations and crazy fonts. Perhaps that sort of thing still goes on, I just don't see it over here. B)

Cluttered- that's true. Although I really like mmyspace, it's just kind of silly to see what people with no idea about web design or anything like that just stick a million things onto that one page. They put up videos and a song and a survey that stretches out the page all on top of a horrible background wit a font color that's unreadable.

It's a bit like when I first got internet access and people had just discovered  places like tripod where they'd make their own sites that were just tacky and full of blinking, animations and crazy fonts. Perhaps that sort of thing still goes on, I just don't see it over here. B)

207167[/snapback]

Totally agreed.. I thought I was the only one that thought that.. They probably think it looks nice.. and it doesn't help either when their mates go OMG I LOV YOUR PROPFILE DO MINE..and then you get a whole gang of blinking messed layouts that are all stretched out and hold a kazillion survey thingies..

Well actually you cabn't blame them, no one's really a born "good at htmler" people.. :| They're just normal peopole...