xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AMWGeek

I Hate It When People Label People 'goth' This is why I get very angry about it

What really gets me upset is when people label other people 'GOTH'/'GOTHIC' because the wear black, the wear dark make-up, or have dark hair. But what really gets me is when people cut themsevles they're also gothic. Hm, okay.Just because a person is like above doesn't mean you just go ahead and label them that, it just means they don't want to dress like other people. Like myself, I sometimes wear clothing like that and sometimes I don't. I just wear what I feel like wearing.But the number one thing that really gets me (just like above :ph34r:) is goth people are most likely to kill themsevles...um, NO! I know alot of 'GOTHICS' and they don't cut or want to kill themsevles. Anyone can do that, not just them.Also, a radnom vent to end with...Why did I have to be so open minded?

Well, I guess some people who wear black clothing really enjoy when other people call them 'GOTHIC', maybe some other people really do not like that.

But, for example, when I was 15 I used to wear black clothing every single day, and I have to admit it: I really liked being the 'WEIRDO-GOTHIC-DUDE' hehehe.

BTW nowadays my clothing is perfectly normal (hahaha, I guess that term (NORMAL) is even worse).

Anyways, it is question of ages, I guess... :ph34r:

Cheers!! :D

ya ... some of my friends used to call them goth/gothic ... and i also feel that it's kinda rude to call people that way ... but it's the name that we used to call them ... to specify them ... if not it's kinda hard to find another word to describe them ... sorry if i offended someone ...

Its just a label it really doesnt mean anything. like a poser prep loser geek or anyother bad name people come up with. If it bothers you give the person the middle finger and say **************** fill in the astricks. If you really have a problem with what people think of you change your inage but you really shouldnt have to resort to that

I hate it when people label other people anything, its so childish. But anyway back to the 'goth' thing its insane really to label people but what is worse is that people will have a preconception of what you are going to be like based upon this rediculous label forced upon you be (how can I put this kindly) 'people who are not very bright' (read: Idiots). And often some people will bully you based upon this percieved label without getting to know you, this is what really gets to me. I'm fighting back though, I dress like what would be considered a 'chav' where I live that being somone who likes to listen to rave, dance and techno music and the sorts, and tend to hang around outside shops terrorising old woman, and asking people to buy them alcohol and such like, but I listen to classic rock (Deep Purple, Cream and such like). I hope to infiltrate the label system and destroy it from the inside.

thing is that i do know some people who like to listen to a certain type of music and wear black all the time, who like to call themselves goth. I'm not sure if it's the rest of us who put labels on people or if it's people themselves who like to label themselves.round

People  call people goths when they wear black i also wear black sometimes like once every month but if u wear black all the time ur a goth.

190396[/snapback]

Actually, goth means..

A member of a Germanic people who invaded the Roman Empire in the early centuries of the Christian era.

1. A style of rock music that often evokes bleak, lugubrious imagery.

2. A performer or follower of this style of music.

So just because someone wears black all the time doesn't mean they're gothic, it just mean they like be different. I'm gothic because I follow goth music, not because I wear black clothes; because I don't.

I think is a result of the music and fashion business. There were gothics before, but they were really (at least estetically) different people. But now with all that "gothic" fashion and the kids dressed in black with dyed hair and pale faces that are considered cool, it stinks. Like every movement when becomes mainstream.But you are right... gothic comes from "gota" (its spanish, I dont know the term in latin right now) and its a term used to design the architecture of some bildings (mostly cathedrals) Are these people supposed to be like a drop of water or something? :ph34r:

I have the same problem, When I was in university I wear black shirts al the time. And though the only black thing in my outfit is my shirt, people mistook me as goth. It is so annoying when they say that I am a member of some sort of evil cult and a few actually said that I don't change clothes! And everything became worse when i started to have dreadlocks, they associated my personality into a drug addiction and pushing when I have not even tried illegal drugs at leats once. prejudice is a not so good thing!

I totally agree, with a different view. Most of my friends are going "gothic" because it looks cool and everyone is doing it. They just dress that way, but they don't act it. Usually, "gothic" people would be people who want to comit suicide, but all my friends who are "gothic" are prepy and just want to go with the style. I'm quoting "gothic" because doesn't it mean medival, not deadly? I think the word "deaf-defying" would describe these people better. And then there are the rock bands who dress up all gothic, but sing happy, non-depressing, non-screaming/manical songs. WTF!?But then again, any new style that gets popular, everyone tends to hate. So don't be hated, come up with your own style

It's not just people labelling people goths.. It's grunger/emo/chav/prep/jock and anything like that. It's the way people have delt with life...be a part of a specfic crowd or just be nothing. I find it wrong as wel but sometimes I do say things like..'oh yeah sally's a grunger' but not in a mean way. But I have heard gothic people say things like 'oh I hate chavs' isn;t that just the same thing as calling someone a goth...as chavs is a way of dress and other things similar too.mm Labelling is wrong, everyone knows it but people still do it. You can probably never stop. I'm a hypocrite and I admit it, half the people in my school ...don't.To me people who call themselves normal and others other names..are seriously messed as ..as everyone knows..there is no such thing as a normal person in life.People would say I'm a 'free' person..as I act how I want,dress how I want and it isn't always according to the rules in the book..like a bit of chaviness and goth clashed into one.heh.. I'm not popular but I'm not the other either..so I'm just lost and both groups don't accept me ..What I HATE is the people who associate goths with the black cloths and stuff. My other friends don't call themselves goths but they are gothic ..but they don't always dress black..most of them like pink... Some people even change the way they dress to become goths...that's just wrong aswell.. >:huh: