xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AMWGeek

I Hate It When People Label People 'goth' This is why I get very angry about it

WEll i wear black and like to cponsider myself goth. Cause all the cool people (in school) hate goth. ANd i hate popular kids so thats y i became goth. And besides i could kick there buts anyways. I just like to wear black. ITs my favorite color. And i dont mind acting like a goth in school. At home i just sit at the computer so i dont care wat others think of me.

I dont think people label other people "Goth" or "gothic" if they only occasionaly wear black cloathing or makeup. I only think it applies if thats all they wear.. And not just like a "normal" ammount, i mean like their face is like black.. and they die their hair black. But its not just there, its the ones who DO IT FOR ATTENTION. those are the key words... thats where pleople get the idea that "goths" cut themselves and stuff, because most of them that i acctualy consider "goths" not just those normal pepople in black, want attention, and i think they cut themselves because of this... I knew two people who did this, one was not wearing black and stuf all the time, but the other was.Basically i am not aggreeing with your principle, or dissagreeing with it... just stating my opinion... :)

people are so rude T_T going off and saying people are gothic...just because they like black...black is also a color of poetry, not death. and goths are becomming so popluar everyone hates them, even if you're their friend. Yeah, anything that gets popular, everyone seems to have and I dunno why. and plus, black is a pretty color and goes nice with everything and i don't see why people label people gothic just because they wear black. shouldn't goths have like...grey highlights, baggy pants, and white make up + black eyeliner? seriously...

What really gets me upset is when people label other people 'GOTH'/'GOTHIC' because the wear black, the wear dark make-up, or have dark hair. But what really gets me is when people cut themsevles they're also gothic. Hm, okay.

Just because a person is like above doesn't mean you just go ahead and label them that, it just means they don't want to dress like other people. Like myself, I sometimes wear clothing like that and sometimes I don't. I just wear what I feel like wearing.

But the number one thing that really gets me (just like above ;)) is goth people are most likely to kill themsevles...um, NO! I know alot of 'GOTHICS' and they don't cut or want to kill themsevles. Anyone can do that, not just them.

Also, a radnom vent to end with...Why did I have to be so open minded?

190083[/snapback]

Yeah. I'm gothic. I don't want to kill myself or anything...lol. Besides, goth is a type of music and most goths I know are just doing it for attention and trying to be like everyone else. That annoys me! People are trying to act all goth and crap just because it's the "cool" thing to do. BULL!

Ok, lol sorry I went off topic for a moment there... :)

anyways, people that wear dark make-up aren't goth neccisarilly!(spelling?)

Nor are they if they have dark hair, wear dark clothes, ect. It's an attitude and a choice of music. Not always clothes and such. The biggest Hollister fan in teh world can be goth if they have the right mind set, additude and music taste.

labelsI Hate It When People Label People 'goth'Replying to AMWGeek I fell you kid though I don't dress like that I hate labels period. Its like kids these days really don't get it they think if you don't dress like them your not cool or whatever they go and make different classes or races as if we are living in a freaking video game. Prep,emo,goth,skater,nerd,ghetto,ect. Just were all people and we are all different from one another we just might happen to buy the same brand of clothes occasionaly labeling that is ridiculous. For instance I wear hollister shirts occasionaly does that mean I'm a "prep"?? no I wear plain button down brown shirts mostly and skinny jeans I wear band t shirts abercrombie and just plain clothes and alot of different types of clothes so don't label me for it accept me for it and get to know me by who I am not my clothes and then we can be friends. See what I'm saying bro? there is so much more than just the clothes you wear or the type of music you listen to-reply by alex