xisto Community
cse-icons

Yahoo Mail Beta New Look for Yahoo Mail

Wow, that looks so awesome. I cant wait for them to roll it out. Nice clean easy to navigate interface from what I can see in the pics. It's nice to see the email wars to heat up again. I love being the end user :huh:

I had got interested in the topic sometime back and read user as well as professional reviews on the new yahoo! interface. One guy (who happens to be a programmer) was saying that he was jealoys at the folks at google 'coz of this layout and one other professional was saying that this interface has the potential of getting Yahoo! an edge over Gmail and a strong fotthold in the business. I've long been a Yahoo fan but always wanted their email interface to change and now they've done it. There will also be option to go back to the old interface if ppl are not liking the new one. Yeah rite, that's gonn be a less used feature!

It doesn't look much different than the current one. If they step up on additional security and ease of use, then it will be a great move to stay competitive against Microsoft Hotmail and Google's Mail (beta). Free e-mail sites are a wonderful tool for everyone to have!

I'm impressed by this new interface, it looks alot better and on the surface seems to look much easier to use than other web based email clients that are available right now. I hear that hotmail is doing the same thing as well in terms of making an desktop application-like interface. Pretty soon I won't bother with using a desktop application as a web version will be just as good. With AJAX the gap between desktop application and web application just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Yea, I'm very excited about it. I read some professionalk reviews and some programmers are even jealous of the way the guys at Yahoo! have coded it! You won't believe this but there is drag and drop functionality within the new Y! mail interface and messages can be opened in tabs! I've signed up for the beta testing which is available only to yahoo.com members but haven't recieved any word from them yet! Hope you have better luck.

Yeah i cant wait for this interface. However, i am and always will be a fan of Gmail. I have used it since it started and i love it. Everytime i log in and check it a new feature is up and those always make life even better. I like its interface and i think Yahoo! should copy it. It rocks

It looks awesome to me. Google was leading the way for a while. No one else challenged it. Then of course Microsoft's Live! came into play and this just heats up all the other email services and it all works out toward our advantage ;) Soon we'll have paid level email for free!All are competing. I would love to test it, but of course, they have to invite you. so I will just wait. Great topic though by the way.

From what I hear, the interface is very similar to Outlook/Outlook express. I may have not tried it yet, but going by experiences with YahooMail, which had a lot of spam problems in the past (and Hotmail). I probably will be sticking with Gmail, much more easier and the search function helps find a lost post I may search for one day.

I have always thought of yahoo as having really bad interfaces to all their services. But now it looks as thou they have picked up a bit. I still dont think it is as good as outlook as I have outlook 2003 on win XP and the interfact is much better still but its getting. It gonna be better than GMAILs interface will ever be...which will be a down for google but I am not sure how many people will actually be drawn by this interface unless yahoo improve their services, I am saying through bt yahoo! broadband which has yahoo services to it and they have bad support etc. I am not sure if it is different for yahoo mail...

I've seen your pictures of the Yahoo Beta they're planning on releasing. It's all pretty and nice, but my main concern will always be security and encryption. I've never had any problems with Yahoo before, and I'm sure I never will. They offer outstanding services that are always running 24/7. It will be exciting to see companies such as Yahoo and Google compete to offer larger and larger capacities of e-mail space to the public in order to spark their interest and gain more customers. Technology gets cheaper daily, and continues to grow at an amasing pace. It will be exciting to see how the future unfolds, and scarry at the same time.

Wow ...it looks good...But is there any way to get invitation to use that YAhoo Beta ?

212959[/snapback]

Yes, you have to sign up to get an invite to use Yahoo Mail Beta. You can do that

here.

I signed up a month ago, i just received some mail from Yahoo stating that i'm fine in the waiting list and that i would be receiving the invite to use Yahoo Mail Beta very soon.

Anyone who got their Yahoo Mail Beta invite, can you please say after getting the "status of waiting list" mail from Yahoo, how long did it take to receive the invite ?

I've never been a big fan of Yahoo services anyway, and this type of new service doesn't really attract me too much. I don't think I'll use it, I'll stick to GMAIL for now.Maybe I'll try using this if I'm in a big need of a new Email.