xisto Community
cse-icons

Yahoo Mail Beta New Look for Yahoo Mail

Without Google & Gmail i don't think anny of this would happen, they started giving us loads of space, then Hotmail started doing the same, and now Yahoo!, All i have to say evryone should thank Google for the whole idea for giving peoples loads of Space.Annyways i think this will be a cool idea :D~ Arne-Christian

well,more and more feature will add into...and yahoo mail have upgraded to 2006M capacity basing on its scheme.it declare at the beginning of 2006,user can upgrade to 2006M by activating own self mail.

idk... i think i like gmail better in some ways with its more flexablility with emal forwarding automaticaly i could never do that with yahoo...but heh that was me i looked for a while and gave up gmail was easy to use but then again im a compute rnerd and most computer things are easy lol... but thats me i like the idea but i like gmail more just looks better and stuff but i signed up anyways and lets see how it works lol

Without Google & Gmail i don't think anny of this would happen, they started giving us loads of space, then Hotmail started doing the same, and now Yahoo!, All i have to say evryone should thank Google for the whole idea for giving peoples loads of Space.

Annyways i think this will be a cool idea :D

~ Arne-Christian

215506[/snapback]

You are right Google was the one which made the other companies to offer better service, but google still has lot of work to do. I would like to see many new features in such as bookmarking services, more advanced editing options when composing etc.

The problem with Yahoo mails is that certain features are paid, such as POP3, if it is made free then again there is some serious competition. :D

hi friends,

Yahoo is supposedly testing its new interface for Yahoo Mail. It looks more like MS Outlook with the folders etc in a left pane, the mail box on the top half of the right and preview on the bottom.

Also a tabbed view if multiple mails are open. Just like Lotus Notes for those who have used it.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

https://www.engadget.com/

The Email wars are heating up and the end users are getting newer and better features. Finally something is happening in the Email world since Gmail coz otherwise the thing was stuck up with MSN and Yahoo and no major improvement or competition since a long time.

Yahoo has form for those interested in joining the beta test(not sure when they would be able to), but this would add u as an interested beta tester.

Cheers.

187502[/snapback]

Good for Yahoo to update there mail service. I used them for about two years until a month ago. It was very good. I never used that 20GB of email space. I maybe fit 2GB in. LOL. Well it is a great site.

You are right Google was the one which made the other companies to offer better service, but google still has lot of work to do. I would like to see many new features in such as bookmarking services, more advanced editing options when composing etc.

The problem with Yahoo mails is that certain features are paid, such as POP3, if it is made free then again there is some serious competition.

Gmail is okay. Like you said it got some seriuous competition. Only thing i hated about yahoo that i got spam email sent to my normal box. Not bulk. Reason why i left it.

Who knows just my opinion.

Mysterio

Hmm, Hotmail seems too be doing well being stubborn... But then again, I wouldn't want to waste my time challenging tough competition either. Why should I need to upgrade space when there're already 2 companies battling it out? Besides, Gmail is already winning. I'd focus myself on other things... However, it could also make Hotmail lose revenue... But since they're part of Microsoft anyway, Hotmail is the least of their worries... It's not like Gmail and Yahoo! have their own software company...

I've used Yahoo! Mail for two years and I've never left it since. I have used Hotmail but it ... how do I put it politely ... just plain sucks. Too much spam, MSN sends you unwanted email all the time, and it's STILL only 250MB! Come on, can't Microsoft do better?I'm glad to hear that Yahoo! Mail is changing 'cos the old look is starting to get rather cluttered... but I'm a UK citizen so I'm annoyed the Beta Test is only available in the US... hope they bring it here.And to all of you complaining about the spam on Yahoo!, I must say, Yahoo! does seem to get quite a lot of spam at the start of your account (I got ten emails from unknown senders in the first month, all of which were viruses!), but if you put up with it, the problems just fade away. Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection. I tell you, if you get spam from a person and report it, you'll NEVER hear from them again unless you ask it to!

I personally use Yahoo Mail as my primary mail provider. Yahoo provides tons of storage and it presents its information in a friendlier user interface (UI) than other providers such as Hotmail or Gmail. However, this is just my opinion.

Stephen

hi friends,

Yahoo is supposedly testing its new interface for Yahoo Mail. It looks more like MS Outlook with the folders etc in a left pane, the mail box on the top half of the right and preview on the bottom.

Also a tabbed view if multiple mails are open. Just like Lotus Notes for those who have used it.

https://www.engadget.com/

The Email wars are heating up and the end users are getting newer and better features. Finally something is happening in the Email world since Gmail coz otherwise the thing was stuck up with MSN and Yahoo and no major improvement or competition since a long time.

Yahoo has form for those interested in joining the beta test(not sure when they would be able to), but this would add u as an interested beta tester.

Cheers.

187502[/snapback]