xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
finaldesign

Firefox Tricks To Boost Your Speed

I've tested it but I don't know if it has done any modification... Because I don't remember how fast it was (it has some time that I've done it's change) and because my computer is going on some troubles right now... And I have no time to format it right now... so when I format it I'll try making these modifications again.. I'm glad to hear that it's working for a few people.

Hm...seems like a slight increase in page loading, but nothing too substantial...I'm guessing that this modification raises the number of threads Firefox uses to load an individual page, so then, will it raise memory usage? Mine is already bad enough...it's usually around one hundred thirty megabytes, and I only have six hundred eighty six total, with Photoshop CS, Cinema 4d and a few Bittornado windows open at the same time...

Sweet. This works awesome. Only some pages will load faster for me though. If you can't done it, do it now. I really noticed that http://forums.xisto.com/ was loading a lot faster.nice find.

MAN!!! it works,, i donno how, but i think the page delay paint thing.. it hasnt done anything to the connection but its just that wait to display something on screen, which has decreased..amazing..5 star tutorialCheers,Tariq

All that is ok but sending more requests means more bandwidth use, isn't it? And also is it the same thing as clicking go several times?

Haha, this is nifty, but now, everytime I load a page on Trap 17 I get "The document contains no data" alerts while the page loads.

All that is ok but sending more requests means more bandwidth use, isn't it? And also is it the same thing as clicking go several times?

130925[/snapback]

It should use a bit more bandwidth because it sends more requests, but it's definitely not like clicking "go" several times. Clicking "go" gets the whole page, the pipelining thing uses lots of connections to get small pieces of the page in paralell.

This tweak can cause errors, and if it doesn't work for you, then it isn't your fault. There are servers who won't accept you opening loads of connections, either to keep down their bandwidth usage, or protect themselves against DoS attacks.

You see, using the pipelinging tweak isn't very nice to the sites you are visiting, your hogging connections and using extra bandwith. Feel free to use it, but think about whether or not you really need to save that fraction of a second while visiting sites... You might want to skip the pipelining tweak and just do the initialpaint delay tweak, which makes your browser display data as it is received.

About the nglayout.initialpaint.delay tweak, if you have a slow computer, don't use it, the tweak can increse the CPU usage quite a bit, which is something really not worth sacrificing if you have a slower computer. Especially with Firefox, which isn't exactly slow-computer friendly.

I've done this on all my computers, and it works great! The page loads very quickly now *strokes Qwest high-speed internet*,and I'm enjoying it greatly. If you have broadband, do this, it helps a lot. Especially if you are like me with many windows open at once