xisto Community
wild20

Drums, Religion, And Demons? How it will effect us.

It's usually just whatever's on your mind. I spelled out my dog's name three times while playing almost unconciously (she was sick that day :P)

Why take the chance? It is dumb I think, to play with your spritual life. The board itself may not be possessed, but it was originated for evil purposes. I will not risk it on something so immature. And by the way, what do you think "powers" the coard. Or will you also tell me that it is a natural evolutionary process.

Hmm... Well, are you sure drums DID originate from there? If drums date back in reference during the biblical times, and people there used it, it doesn't mean that they use it to call on those spirits. After all, it all depends on what you use your instrument for. Sure, we hear all about those jinxed/cursed things that look like ordinary stuff, but in reality, have demons in them. Still, I don't think that the drums of today are used for that purpose or jinxed for that matter. If you use it for the Glory of God, does it mean you're actually calling those spirits thousands of years old? Not likely, for me, at least...

Because it can't be true - because they're merely drums. Drums have been in use for a while. Drums are inanimate objects. There are no spirits inside of them - most of my best friends are percussion players. The Ouija board was not created for evil - because there is no real evil. It's just a game, just one of those dare things. In the days of animism, talking to spirits was normal, which is where the Ouija board probably had its roots. What powers the board is your own mind. Or at least that's how the cheap plastic version works. At any rate, our spiritual lives are not at risk, mine because I believe there is no true evil in the world, and the others because we all realize drums can't be possessed, and if they could, how scary would that be? "Oh no! I can only play cadences again and again!"Sorry if I'm biased, but that's what marching band and years of piano does to you @_@

I think that religion has always tried to limit the human beings, thats the main reason I stopped going to church and doing religous stuff. I mean, Im not against god or anything. I do beleive in him and pray every night but Im not going to stop listening to my favorite music just because someone (human being) wrote a book because he didnt like that kind of music and started saying it is wrong to listen to that music. We have already eaten the apple, not listening to that type of music wont make us any better. The least we can do is act freely but responsively, help each other out and enjoy ourselves. And if you want to talk about spiritual stuff I suggest you get more involved and at least read something about it.

religion is the opium of people, i'm really sorry, i think god is upon evil and good, and i'm sorry for that guy who waste paper in that book, maybe he hasn't girlfriend or friends, i'm too sorry for that guy, maybe there are monsters under his bed and he pees all nights! o poor boy!!!

Okay. Let me make myself more clear. The drums are NOT possessed, so please remove that idea from your head. Let me go over this again. The drums were originated in west africa, were used to call up some sort of spirits, which has to be the devil, and are not the same as used in a bible. The drum set of today has a special bat, that no drums in the bible times could play. That is what is different.

And who's to say that said drums actually conjured spirits? How do you know it's the devil? You're assuming far too much, which is why I'm going on about my thing. Tribal music and ancestor worship are common - maybe this author fused the two together to make some sort of religious statement - hint: anything used in the Bible is good? Because that's what you're getting at. It wasn't a very technologically advanced age. Drums were made in much the same way, especially because Islamic influence throughout the Middle East and Africa brought a lot of people closer together intellectually.

We're forgetting the fact that there are currently MANY, MANY Christian rock bands and jazz players. Their using their gifts from God for positive. Are they supposed to be stopped from playing their music becuase the drums are "evil"? Apart from the fact that they further their listeners spiritually through their music. At the end of the day, it's not the music or the drums themselves that affect the person listening to it. Whether you think it is or not, it's the lyrics. You could say that you're going to stop listening to commercial "worldly" music. Well done. I fully support you, just don't say that the drums or music themselves are evil.I also think that there was a good point made before about music being central to the church. Have you ever been to a service where there wasn't worship songs or hymns? I myself am going to a Christian youth event at my church tonight with, horror of all horrors, drums! :P Music has been used for thousands of years to worship God, including drums. It's only because you can connect to God alot better with music than you can by just speaking the lyrics.On another note, I don't want to miss out other religions other than Chrisitanity. I know of absolutely no non-Christian religion that uses drums, or even music, in its services, prayers, meetings etc. I know some people say "chants" together, but I think that's about it. Am I wrong?

But again Wakelim, let me remind you that the drums of the bible, were differentthen the drums of today. I may be assuming, but the person who wrote the book is not. Maybe you should at least read it once, just see what you think, it is called Drums, Rock, and Worship: Modern music in todays church. I think you will find it fascinating.

WHAT! I love rock music, metal ect....Rap music is: GET DRUGS! UNDER AGE SEX! BENFIT FRAUD! RAPE! MURDER! KILL EVERYONE WHO IS DIFFERENT! Ahh.....religion is getting outa control. I've got a friend who is a jehovas witness...He cannot go to collge/uni , have a gf, he has to go round peoples house and show them a bible! Hes not sure what to think...

I think the author of that 'religious book' you read needs to get his/her head examined. And so do you if you believe that bs!

Heeeere comes the retarded book mobile.....BEEP BEEEP!!!That is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my entire life. First of all there is literally no evidence that anything to do with demons or posession or any of that is true. Go read the crucible and see what I mean. Secondly if there is a demon playing through an instrument it certainly isn't a drum. Drums are way not as demonically awesome as the mighty shredstick.Who ever it was that said about christian rock, RIGHT ON!!!I personally listen to dogwood alot. They are a christian punk band. They have a very large amount of drums in them being a punk band. Semi quaver kinda drumming. Really into it.I can't think of many things that are stupider than this. What is his evidence? Other than the light of god.Who cares about the origins of a name. Particularly when they have more or less nothing to do with the genre in question. Sex in the back of a car? To be honest, it just makes you want to listen to it more. Half to stick it to anyone stupid enough to take this whack off seriously.Seriously. Why do people even bother writing this s**t?