xisto Community
wild20

Drums, Religion, And Demons? How it will effect us.

The Bible tells us what Satans body is made of. Musical instruments are part of what he is made of-He was created as the minister of music in heaven. (Ezekiel 28:13-14 " You were in Eden, the Garden of God, every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created. You were anointed cherub who covers, I established you, you were on the holy mountain of God, you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.") Thus in this creature of spotless character, flawless beauty, unceasing praise, unimaginable color, and "musical majesty" we have "Lucifer" before he became "Satan" before he fell.Satan wanted all the praise for himself. You have seen the worship team in church, facing everyone as they play and what do they see? Hands raised up, praying, clapping..Imagine seeing that and saying..I want this for me.Drums-my people were told that we couldn't use drums because it summoned demonic spirits. Yes, we did have tribes that were polytheistic and summoned spirits. But there were those of us who believed in one God and had many revelations about who He was and is. (Romans 1:20)For ever since the creation of the universe his invisible qualities - both his eternal power and his divine nature - have been clearly seen, because they can be understood from what he has made. Therefore, they have no excuse;Satan will try to take away every form of praise and worship away from Creator. Especially through music and getting people religious about what can and cant be used to worship the Creator. If Marilyn Manson sold his keyboard and then a church bought it, prayed over it, anointed it and used it in worship is it a demonic keyboard? Is it the keyboard of the person playing it and to who they are playing to?The drums are all throughout the Scriptures and if you solely rely on English translations of the Bible you will find discrepancy after discrepancy and contradictions. Go to the original language, the Hebrew and the Greek and you wont find these errors and more so, you will find a whole new world of revelation in the Word.Drums- 19 times they are mentioned in the bible. My favorites being where we are commanded to the beat the drums in praise and the other where God goes to battle to the sound of the drums and harpsPsa 81:2 Start the music! Beat the drum! Play the sweet harp and the flute!Isa 30:32 Every sweep of the punishing rod that the Lord imposes on him will be to drums and harps, as he brandishes his arm against them in battle.The literal translation for timbrel/tabret = "tof" drum - in Hebrew: a hide or skin stretched across a wooden frame stuck with the hand or a stick.Guess what? my people still use drums like these and when you read tambourine remember that the Israelites did not know how to work metal. As enslaved people metal working was not allowed or you could make weapons. This was also a reason why they were scared to go into the promised land because the spies reported that the giants also knew metal working. So...The tambourines didn't have the little metal cymbals until much later.We have been set free from the religious bond of the world. This is what the Messiah couldn't stand was the spiritual leaders controlling the people through the bonds of religion and heaping controlling laws and rules and regulations on them that they couldn't possibly keep in order to keep money flowing into the temple. This is why Yeshua said, you travel half way across the to make one convert and make them twice as much a son of hell as you are. Joh 8:32 you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."-reply by N8tive Warrior of Light

Drums biblical?

Drums, Religion, And Demons?

The Bible tells us what Satans body is made of. Musical instruments are part of what he is made of-He was created as the minister of music in heaven.

(Ezekiel 28:13-14 " You were in Eden, the Garden of God, every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created. You were anointed cherub who covers, I established you, you were on the holy mountain of God, you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.") Thus in this creature of spotless character, flawless beauty, unceasing praise, unimaginable color, and "musical majesty" we have "Lucifer" before he became "Satan" before he fell.

Satan wanted all the praise for himself. You have seen the worship team in church, facing everyone as they play and what do they see? Hands raised up, praying, clapping..Imagine seeing that and saying..I want this for me.

Drums-my people were told that we couldn't use drums because it summoned demonic spirits. Yes, we did have tribes that were polytheistic and summoned spirits. But there were those of us who believed in one God and had many revelations about who He was and is. (Romans 1:20)For ever since the creation of the universe his invisible qualities - both his eternal power and his divine nature - have been clearly seen, because they can be understood from what he has made. Therefore, they have no excuse;

Satan will try to take away every form of praise and worship away from Creator. Especially through music and getting people religious about what can and cant be used to worship the Creator. If Marilyn Manson sold his keyboard and then a church bought it, prayed over it, anointed it and used it in worship is it a demonic keyboard? Is it the keyboard of the person playing it and to who they are playing to?

The drums are all throughout the Scriptures and if you solely rely on English translations of the Bible you will find discrepancy after discrepancy and contradictions. Go to the original language, the Hebrew and the Greek and you wont find these errors and more so, you will find a whole new world of revelation in the Word.

Drums- 19 times they are mentioned in the bible. My favorites being where we are commanded to the beat the drums in praise and the other where God goes to battle to the sound of the drums and harps

Psa 81:2 Start the music! Beat the drum! Play the sweet harp and the flute!

Isa 30:32 Every sweep of the punishing rod that the Lord imposes on him will be to drums and harps, as he brandishes his arm against them in battle.

The literal translation for timbrel/tabret = "tof" drum - in Hebrew: a hide or skin stretched across a wooden frame stuck with the hand or a stick.

Guess what? my people still use drums like these and when you read tambourine remember that the Israelites did not know how to work metal. As enslaved people metal working was not allowed or you could make weapons. This was also a reason why they were scared to go into the promised land because the spies reported that the giants also knew metal working. So...The tambourines didn't have the little metal cymbals until much later.

We have been set free from the religious bond of the world. This is what the Messiah couldn't stand was the spiritual leaders controlling the people through the bonds of religion and heaping controlling laws and rules and regulations on them that they couldn't possibly keep in order to keep money flowing into the temple. This is why Yeshua said, you travel half way across the to make one convert and make them twice as much a son of hell as you are.

Joh 8:32 you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

-reply by N8tive Warrior of Light

If you "barely believe in possession" you need to get your Bible out and read it because there are many instances where both Jesus and his disciples cast them out.  Also, putting the drum issue aside, the problem with R&R is that the lyrics totally dishonor the Lord and go against, on a very basic level, the ten commandments.  Do I need to break it down for you anymore?  The Bible says we are to "set our affection on things above, not on things of the earth".  Where does your affection lie, pleasing God or pleasing your own flesh?

drums..Drums, Religion, And Demons?

Anyone that plays anything will tell you that at heart we are all drummers..Cause we all when playing music rely heavily on time...That's why you clap your hands...Or tap your toe when listening to a song...Its just in us...There is nothing demonic about that...Someone just at some point came up with the idea to hit something to get a louder sound..That's all...

KJV BelieverDrums, Religion, And Demons?

hey y'all, 

I guess you could say I'm an "innocent bystander." I came across your comments because I am doing a 5 page paper on music and what my conviction on music is.  I am attending a Christian Bible institute and this is one of the assignments.  

I think you guys are focusing too much on one thing here. Music isn't just about the drums or the beat. It  is about who you are singing or playing for and what affect you have on others while playing or singing. I have grown up in a strict Christian home that was very music oriented. My family has been throughout all of Texas singing and playing in churches and prisons. Music affects the body and their is no question about that. Whether there is a drum being played or not. Classical music (which most times doesn't have a drum set in it) can affect the body and cause it to want to move.  Olympic ice skaters dance to classical music. 

God created and is music. Therefore, the soul purpose for music is to PRAISE the Lord and if a song is not doing that than I would have to say that song is bad. If the lyrics are going against the Bible (KJV) or a Bible principle and/or are blaspheming God than they are just plainly wrong. There are even some hymns and gospel songs that go against the Bible. They should not be sung. 

Then we get to the topic of "What if there are no words to a song? Is that song bad?" I would have to answer YES!  This goes back to the basic purpose of why we have music. Music is to PRAISE the Lord. How can you praise the Lord if you aren't even announcing His greatness?  I would have to say with this that classical music is wrong.  There is no message to classical music. Christian music must have a message that is clear and not deceptive. With classical music it leaves the message up to the individual person and their imagination. People could be sitting there listening to classical music and be thinking about something extremely bad. Whereas if you are listening to actually Christian music with lyrics, you can't help but to meditate on those words and the meaning of them. 

I don't believe drums are necessarily bad, as long as they are not emphasized in a song. If you listen to a song and all you can hear is the drum than I think it is wrong. This goes back to music needing to have a message. What message does a drum send across? This is the beat? I don't get it. Most times in R&R and other worldly genres of music the beat is emphasized instead of the message. I have listened to country music in the past. I actually listened to it for about 2-3 years (I'm not exactly proud of that). I know what it is like to listen to a song and not know what the meaning of that song was or what point they were trying to get across in the song. R&R is the same way, but much worse. You can't even understand what they are saying or "singing." It is basically someone shouting or screaming into a microphone and then putting it out there for people to listen to. Where is the PRAISE to God in that? 

I do believe that most R&R singers or players can and probably are possessed. I don't see any other way that a human can actually do some of the things and sing some of the things that they do unless they are possessed. A person in their right mind would not bite the heads of chickens and run around on a stage screaming. I think that people who listen to R&R music can become possessed as well. Not only from listening to the music but because of the other things that always seem to come with R&R music. Drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc. These all seem to fall hand in hand with this kind of music. I'm sorry but I have seen it proven time and time again. People who listen to R&R music are doing at least one of these things. It is with this that the Devil will start to get his hold on someone's life & before they know they are possessed & the sad thing is they don't know how far they have gone until it is too late. 

Well, I'm sorry if I have made any of you mad, but like one of y'all said...I can't let someone destroy their life without at least trying to keep them from doing that. 

Thanx for reading this.

-reply by KJV Believer

Rock and Roll - Origin of PhraseDrums, Religion, And Demons?Replying to wild20Please could you cite a credible and validated source that supports your assertion that rock and roll = sex in the back of a car? This claim was similarly made by the anti-rock rhetoric brigade in the 1980s, and it appears to be little more than an old wives' tale. While there are sources that link the word "roll" to sex (going back to medieval times), this is not in itself linked to the music. The first known use of the phrase "rocking and rolling" was as early as 1916, and was in a spritual/gospel recording called The Camp Meeting Jubilee (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/#)-reply by Mr Iain