xisto Community
DjLuki

The Mayan Predictions end of life cycle

Ok you guys need to know your stuff the Mayans didn't just make this stuff up they used highly advanced mathematics to figure out the orbit of the earth,sun, venus, and mars they had one of the most advanced calenders ever way more accurate than the one used know and there predictions where made based on the calender because they believed time repeated itself in a way that it could be predicted and its very possible that what there saying is true but its not like the world is going to end it will be the end of the world as we know it and the birth of a new one
-matt

Ummm, dude? No need to be so rude... I'm sure they realized this... Maybe YOU need to know your stuff about the Xisto members first :P

Well, I'm not here to start a fight, so lets look at my opinion.

2012?!?!?! That's supposed to be the year I graduate! I don't want to go in the prime of my life!

I seriously doubt that the world is going to end in 2012... but we never know... But we don't even know what happens after we are gone so I'd rather go in my sleep when I'm 120 and really really old and while I'm sleeping so I don't know it's happening... or maybe that's just me.

But even if the Mayans are right I don't want to go!

How does that song go?

"Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die."

I believe it is a very close possibility but no one for sure knows the future if the world will end by then the only thing possibly we can do is try to live our lives peacefully in harmony with each other before it ends we haven't ever stopped and ever been in peace were always fighting each other worrying about dumb things in society and fighting wars over religion greed lust and you get the picture if we lived in peace the world would be a lot more simple and easier to live in and we could advance in technology and learn so much more so fast we could prevent a lot of things but there are so many that are distracted by religion, people, beliefs, and other things we could advance not have to worry about global warming about hunger being poor if we would just think about taking care of each other and every single human being on earth we would make a society or empire that would never fall and we would keep going but thats all I have to say feel free to think different but this is what I believe.

Maybe it isn't an end to the world in the for of. everything dies. but more that the world as we know it dies but it comes back better. I have read many things on the and I think it means 2012 with be the end of the bad world. and we will see the birth of a greater one. But if it is the case that everything dies. You might want the get used to the idea. tell everyone you love them.-Turock

In my opinion, its kind of stupid some people are believing that people who didn't have anything remotely similar to a computer or any knowledge of space travel can predict a date of when the world will end. Billions of stars have died since way back when the mayas predicted this, new things have been discovered in space, new planets, new moons, new stars,new changes and I'm sure many things have been created overtime that we don't know about. I don't believe that people who apparently had advanced maths and cool calenders studied the orbit of everything without the necessary technology can predict such an event.plus the space they saw way back then is probably nothing like what it is today.-b12xs

mayans

The Mayan Predictions

Ok..Honestly..Who would believe the world is going to end just because someone says it will. Do people not read the Bible around here. Nobody knows when the world is going to end. It could tonight, January 28, 2008 for all we know. It's stupid how people really believe this stuff.

-reply by kristen

This is all very true, yet they have been saying the earth will end for thousands of years and I am sure the mayans were not the first ones to asume this. Eventually it will end so on that count they are right. Yet, the mayans haven't been wrong yet. I would not worry about this beacause it is highly doubtful. I am very intrested in UFO, alien type things but none have yet to prove my belifs different. Google woman on Mars go to images. This is very erry and disturbing. If you cannot reach this basically it is a picture that has been taken by NASA. It is a picture of a woman stretching out her arms and it has been spotted on Mars. Very true it has been on the Today show!-reply by FutureUFOTRakr

We are all going to die anyway I'd just rather it be quick an painless according to the Maya it's up to our civilization on if we are going to have tranquility or sorrow and pain. We are the coming up to the sixth Era and close to a full galactic day. This day dec,21 will be the day that our life as we know it and will parish. We know what may happen but we don't no where we are going.-reply by jordon

It is pretty scary to hear that the Maya have made such a prediction. We have to remember there were times when they were hundreds, if not thousands of years ahead of the rest of the world. Did some research after reading this thread and I found 21st (or 23rd) of December 2012 isn't necessary the end of the world as we know it. According to Wikipedia "esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order." So that doesn't imply the end of the world, merely some event that would lower our numbers. Every time I see a "end of the world" topic I have to remember that their prediction is pretty accurate anyway. The human race is on the verge of destroying itself, so if it is the 21st of December 2012 or the 21st of December 2112 there isn't much difference. As someone has stated on a website regarding this prediction... when the end of the world will come we will know! (I will add to that the word "why")

mayans

The Mayan Predictions

Ok..Honestly..Who would believe the world is going to end just because someone says it will. Do people not read the Bible around here. Nobody knows when the world is going to end. It could tonight, January 28, 2008 for all we know. It's stupid how people really believe this stuff.

-reply by kristen

People read the Bible, and they read, "no one knows the exact day and hour". Of coruse no one knows the exact date. But that doesn't keep them fron trying to approximate.

Anyway, I think about 60% of the people here haven't ever read the Bible. (Well, maybe 40%. I could be wrong.) Anyway, the Mayans never predicted that the world would end on any date. They said that the world will undergo a dramatic change of some sort. Who knows, maybe it will come with the election of the new President in 2012.

i think their words are misunderstood.for example an incan statue depicting a face that has a caucasian aspect. long nose and such. you know what really the incan are depicting? elephants <_< about their calendar, there are facts that the moon is nearer before than now and in a harvesting community one can predict if fall or summer is coming and you don't have to be a genius to do that.one bias thing about ancient people is people tend to think that they are stupid because they don't have any technology like us but if you think about it, they are the geniuses because they are the ones who look for logic without such technologies

Replying to Trap FeedBackerThe big difference here is that the Maya use observed facts/science in their predicition. It isn't based off of some stupid religion or "vision" or unbased prophecy. In fact, the Maya don't even make a prophecy. Our galaxy has a centre which all the stars take millions of years to revolve around, and it is located in the starriest part of the Milky Way, as seen from Earth. On four occasions within the 25,800-year cycle our galactic centre aligns with the sunrise of a solstice or equinox. The last time it occurred was on a fall equinox 6,450 years ago, approximately the dawn of Old World civilizations. On Dec 21, 2012, which is a winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere) this center will align with our sun once more. What impact this will have on the earth is unclear and the Maya did not even attempt to offer a possibility. But modern scientists believe this alignment could impact the tectonic plates, tides, strength of the sun, and our magnetic poles. It's not too far fetched to think there could be the possibility of major earthquakes, global warming, and flooding. Certainly could lead to the end of the world, no?At least it's based off of nature and facts. More than any religion can really say.-reply by Mayan God

Yes, mayan's predicted the end of a time period, "and they were not even as advanced as we are now, so should we really believe that?"What? I can't focus on what your asking because that statement makes no sense. It's a 5000 year old civilization, of course they are not as advanced as we are. You say that as if it needed pointing out. People are reading this, you should check it before you post. Oh, and the world is'nt going to end but something will happen.-reply by bwilli

Replying to thablkpandaNo one knows when the wrath of God will rain down on man, but however I do believe that the earth will go through a period of adjustment in 2012 due to a major shift, they stopped the predictions there fearing the unknown.Will the earth survive these drastic changes in climate? Can mankind adjust? They did not have the answer,nor does anyone else. Pray... -reply by deborah

2012 is definitely very interesting concerning that the Mayan calender ends and I believe Nostradamus predicted the world would end in that year. Could this really be just a coincidence? All I know is that the Mayans were a really advanced civilization and they did some revolutionary things. Nostradamus also predicted that the towers would fall in the new city or something like that (9/11). Search google and you will find hundreds of arguments concerning the validity of him. But apparently its predicted that the holy land will go up in flames leading to the end of the world. So who knows, in 2012 we'll see if terrorists bomb the Vatican. However, I believe that these philosophers explain that events in time can alter the final predictions so the end is pretty uncertain. Hopefully we can enjoy life past December 23, 2012 but who knows. Its definitely an interesting topic to research.

There is no scientific reason to make the prediction. It's a religious prediction, and religion is always wrong. So, no, it isn't going to happen. Guaranteed.Also guaranteed: everybody in the media who claim that the end of the world is coming will shut their ignorant mouths in 2013, but not a single one will have the integrity to admit they were on that bandwagon and that they were wrong.

Edited by mikeyboy63 (see edit history)