xisto Community
DjLuki

The Mayan Predictions end of life cycle

ok i found this very interesting and scary, we are learning about the Mayans in my history class and according to them, this life cycle is going to end in december 23, 2012. The only reason why its scary is because withuot any technology, those people wre only 30 or 50 seconds behind at time,dates etc.. and they were not even as advanced as we are now, so should we really believe that? it's kinda scary but also very interesting. what do you think? is it gonna happen? another fact is that they counted dates and times by stars , and everything that had to do with nature..

DjLuki is very right, My history teacher mentioned this today, coincidentally. And even more coincidentally, I have to write a quite lengthy paper on my skepticisms about the Mayans (based on fact). Nice thread.I'm thinking it's not happening, but I've been wrong before. That's more the basis of my paper. It accepts the fact that it could be right, but also notes that religions have been wrong before, and at a time like this when our present-day world is so shaky (Terror attacks, hurricanes etc.) This could be quite a possiblity.Of course no human would open their mind to complete destruction of the world as we know it willingly. It'll take some prying to get a being to wrap his/her mind around that fact. And accepting it is completely different.Ponder that -Panda

yeah the mayans are nortorius for predicting the future,

heres an artcikle about the 2012 thing

2012 - Planetary Ascension year 2012
2012 is by many separate sources of wisdom seen as being a portal into what some people call the Golden Age. 2012 marks, according to the The Mayan Calendar, the ending of Time as we know it and as something old die something new will be born. The Mayan perspective of 2012 and the current times we live in is very similar to the view of Kalki and the Golden Age Foundation who is also co-organising the Oneness Festival.

The concept of a coming Golden Age is widely recognised among many spiritual authors, spiritual traditions and teachers.

"I think that by 2012 you will have people that are enlightened (open, honest, caring, loving, united to the divine) and those that still seek humanity's lower natures (suffering, misery, hate, separation from the divine) but at least the scale may be tipping more toward enlightened."
Hermes Trismegistus

who knows maybe this war on terrorism will end on 2012 and maybe osama bin ladin will be jewish.

but again these predictions where done when they were doing the cocoa bean (cocain) thats why they might have done this.

there are tons of predicitons on the end of the world. If you search google for end of the world preditction or search armegedon. There is over like 20 peredictions for the next 40 years some as close as 2006 as they say on 06 06 06 the anitchrist will appear 666. Anways there is tons its atually kind of scary if you belive in someone the stuff.

Well this is how I see it. Either I can live in a fear knowing that I'm dying someday, especially to the exact date, or I can try to make the most of what is ahead of me until the day I die. I could worry about what I cannot control and cannot see far ahead. But I rather go outside, run around the rain and play dip the puddle by jumping from one puddle to the next. Don't you agree?No matter how advance a civilization was they did not know of their own demise. Take a look at Mayans. Only few of their descendents are living today. If they were such a great civilization how come they are almost extinct today? What about the City Atlantis? They were far more advanced than any other civilization but yet somehow they didn't see that firing volcano erupting and coming their way. There's a saying, "physician heal thy self." This refers to, in my opinion, the awareness of self value in contrast to the rest of the environment sometimes leads to blindness to what is actually ahead. In simple words, people sometimes rely on too much of quick and short answers that they forget to see the bigger picture. Before I go way off tangent here, basically I want to promote that don't waste your time worrying year 2012--if that really is true--worry about the year 2006. Better yet, just worry about today and see if you did all of what you had to do for today.

as with most things that cannot be backed up by scientific research, I tend to err on the side of scepticism ....

why worry about the end of the world?... people can be safe and well when they go to bed at night and suddenly, without any warning, die in their sleep .... we've all gotta go sometime .... enjoy what time you have .... it's so very, very short ....

Posted Image

However right ya'll are, you can't deny that possibilites do exist.Setting your affairs in order is defnitely a good thing, every day should end the way you planned, but we don't have control over those things either. the 90/10 rule applys here (Life = 10% What happens to you/90% how you react to it) before I go into lecture mode and start explaining the meaning of life, you have to understand that everything can't be like you want it to be, and that the reason we're still here today is due to OUR advanced technology. And future civilizations will look back on our technology the same way we do the Mayans.. I'ma stop here before some Mod trips because of me straying from the topic slightly.(Question to the thread-starter, why is this in the vent?)Panda

Hmm the Mayans predictions are very similar with the Ancient Egyptian culture, wich predicted exact the same thing (funny because our scientists and teachers tell us they had no connection, yeah right!). But they did not predict THE end, but AN end. Maybe in 2012 people will become wise enough to be worthy of a change wich makes life better. Anyhow the Mayans and Egyptians knew more then we do now, they had more knowledge of life instead of technology wich made them more accurate then we are now.

Seen the way we live and rule our planet, it isn't a waste to have a change soon.

i dont think anyone can predict when the worlds going to end...when it the worlds time to en and when it your time to go, your gonna go whether you knew ahead of time or not, you cant stop the inevitable, we're all gonna die, it's that simple, only thing thats different between us is how we're going to die, so its no point of calculating, wondering and trying to figure out when its all going to happen cuz regardless of what you find out...your going to die anyway...might as well spend your time just living your life instead of wasting it trying to find out when its going to be over

Maybe it is not the world tha will end. Maybe our culture, our way of thinking or perhaps a part of our humanity. But I like the idea of an end of the world. It is the only time that all of us simultineaously become in touch of our true self. What I mean is if it says that tommorow is the end of the world, then we all will be equal, no rich, no poor. We look to each other as human beings, no judgement no racism beucase tomorow we all gonna die. We will then learn to respect each other truly, but just for a few moments :Pand animals will be too happy if that happend to human beings. They would say, "at last no one will destroy nature".

Maybe it is not the world tha will end. Maybe our culture, our way of thinking or perhaps a part of our humanity.

But I like the idea of an end of the world. It is the only time that all of us simultineaously become in touch of our true self. What I mean is if it says that tommorow is the end of the world, then we all will be equal, no rich, no poor. We look to each other as human beings, no judgement no racism beucase tomorow we all gonna die. We will then learn to respect each other truly, but just for a few moments :ph34r:

and animals will be too happy if that happend to human beings. They would say, "at last no one will destroy nature".

185439[/snapback]

Have to agree to that, we as humans became way to destructive with our "civilized" ways. We forgot where we came from and where we will end. I also would like the end of this Era, the world as we know it and make room for our children to build a new world, free of money, war, racism, hatred, polution and destruction. A world in we are truly free. *dreams on*

Ok you guys need to know your stuff the Mayans didn't just make this stuff up they used highly advanced mathematics to figure out the orbit of the earth,sun, venus, and mars they had one of the most advanced calenders ever way more accurate than the one used know and there predictions where made based on the calender because they believed time repeated itself in a way that it could be predicted and its very possible that what there saying is true but its not like the world is going to end it will be the end of the world as we know it and the birth of a new one-matt