xisto Community
DjLuki

The Mayan Predictions end of life cycle

Replying to DjLukiThe mayans were incredible astronomers and mathematicians, and whether or not their ideas should be seriously taken into consideration is a mystery.With no doubt, the mayans were pagans(clearly) and guilty of blood-letting/human sacrifices, etc.. Some people only see that, and disregard their coherence and preciseness. I've been studying them as well, and I'm completely fascinated. 33 seconds off, over 1500 years. That's insane!And as far as the whole apocalyptic aspect in 2012, I'm still somewhat iffy on it.Over the generations, the story of the Mayan prediction has been jumbled and twisted.December 21st, 2012 is more of a turning point, rather than the end of the world. Nevertheless, it could happen(humans cease to exist: possibility 1.).Point being, the Mayans believed that the earth would go through stages to replenish itself and rid itself of pollution and harm. The alignment is no coincidence and clearly plays a big role in this mayan prediction..Over the years this concept has been misinterpreted by others.The earth will be experiencing cycles, basically starting anew. 12/21/12 will mark the beginning of a new earth. Hence the mayan saying, 'December 21, 2012 will be the start of a new world.' In the end, this is JUST a prediction. Whether the mayans were exceedingly advanced or not.. Its simply a prediction and cannot be scientifically proven. All I know, is that I believe something will most definitely happen that day. Whether it truly is the end of the world as we know it, or just the mark of a new era as told by the mayan people. We won't know for sure until that day is upon us. Jennifer xx -reply by jennifer

i really don't believe in apocalyptic predictions because every one of them.old civilasations are almost always misunderstood and i think this is another one of it. one example of this is why the mayans, aztecs , and the ancient eqypts build things going up? And numerous theories has come up and as the years go by these theories became fact even if there's no proff

Ok, here is my opinion

The Mayan Predictions

Think about this, 1 person dies every 1 second. 60 people die every 1 minute. 600 people die every hour. 14,400 people die every day. Everyone has to go someday. I do believe that 21st-23rd of december of 2012, something will happen. What will happen? noone knows, something that we have to wait for and see. Very intersting topic, but I don't think we should be afraid of what is gonna happen. Cause again, everyone has to go someday :D. I all be looking foward to 2012!

mayan calander

The Mayan Predictions

How funny is I just came back from Cancun where we traveled through the mayan areas and seen the temples.

We hired a tour guide to inform us on their culture and history.

They were not of human sacrafice, however they did cut themselves to give their blood to the gods.

As for their calander they predict it will be and end of a civilization. Not to say its the end of the world, but and ending of something.

THis I don't' know of what will be ending.

It is sort of creepy knowing they were able to predict this from years back!

But if anyone who really has a true intrest in this topic I would recommend a trip to the mayan temples they are beautiful and so much history.

-reply by Felicia

The mayans are not god. People cannot know when the world will end.The world will not end on 21 December, 2012, just like it won't end tomorrow and didn't end on January 1, 2000.People are just fear mongering. Think about it, if someone get's people to buy up on expensive "put this mask on your face and it won't get you" gimmicks, they can get a lot of $$$ and scam a lot of people. If someone tries to scam you like that, don't fall for it.The world will not end.The poles will not flip.There is NO evidence to support the world will end on this date. The world will end at a time when we are all dead.Do not worry, we will not die.Unless some horrible person decides to kill a lot of people to make that a bad day...It's 4 years away. Don't worry about it.A200

end of life cycle

The Mayan Predictions

When the Spainish marched inti Mexico city it was the end of their life cycle. Life as they knew it changed forever, by the Spainish and the Catholic church.

2012, with shortages of oil, sky rocketing national debt in how many trillions of dollars, debt to China and Indian, jobs and factories going off shore, the question of how the country is going to pay for the housing problems. Hundred year wars in Iraq and Afganistan that now cost ten billion dollars a month. Global warming or should I say dramatic weather changes across the country, The cancellation of the constitution by forces within the government, private mersonary armys, etc,etc.

Ya, I would say we are going to see strange and dramatic changes at the end of this life cycle. Not the end of the world, but the raise of China and India as a world power. The continuation of death and destruction caused by violent floods, fires, tornados, hurricanes, thunder storms, droughts, raising sea levels and massive ice storms. There will always be change, how we respond to these changes as a nation will determine our standing and survival within the world theater.

-reply by john smith

The Mayan Callendar for December 21, 2012

The Mayan Predictions

Thank you. It is a time of enlightenment. The Mayan's philosophy was misinterpreted by many people. What is meant is that time just repeats itself over and over again. The Mayan's callendar starts over at zero on December 21 or 23, 2012 and goes on again. Their are doubts to whether or not it starts on the 21 or 23. It seems more likely the 21st. The Mayan's have credibility due to the fact that they studied, recorded and predicted solar eclipses, time of day, time itself etc... They were mathematicians. However, it is certainly not the end of the world. It is supposedly the end of war, terrorism and an Antichrist formation as long as we as the mass population let it. Our species have been offered this opportunity three times before us but didn't take advantage of it and prepare themselves. If you want to be enlightened you can be if not we'll continue on this way until we all kill each other off, because that is what we are doing in this day and age. Want to know more? Check out the article a Mayan Priest wrote two years ago at http://sacredroad.org/

Thank you all for your time. I'll be back on here again December 24th, 2012

Amanda

-reply by Kitty

Mayan

The Mayan Predictions

Actually that's not true. The Mayan's did see their demise. They predicted dates, times, all that stuff. The few that are left are trying to get the word out there, you know the correct one. See how everyone has opinions that are not based on fact? You should have all of the facts before you know? Sorry but just had to set that straight.

-reply by Kitty

The Mayans had many cycles in their complex calendar system and yes it's true that the Their whole calendar ends on 2012 but it may not necessarily mean the total destruction of all mankind. Wars, earthquakes, tsunamis, diseases have been on Earth since forever. We hear about them happening more so now due to our advanced global communication network, so to the individual it seems as though all these things are happening more.Humanity is advancing. the "end of this life cycle" can just as easily mean we are moving towards something better. The negative path is not the only choice.

i don't think it will happen i mean the world ending in 2012 but it still is pretty scary because some of their other predictions were true i think. Well we'll just have to wait and see right?

Mayan 2012 Prediction

The Mayan Predictions

I've gleaned through many websites and books on the subject of the Mayan date of 12/21-23/2012, and have found certain aspects of their prediction very interesting.

A. Many other cultures point to that same date or roughly the same time period with a similar transitional perspective.

B. Whether it is viewed as a transitional period, or purely as a catastrophic event, there seems to a projected consensus that something very big will occur.

C. The Mayans claimed that every 5123 years our solar system aligns with the center of the galaxy, with its dark center (black hole) and a bright light casts upon us for a transition of conciousness. Now, before you discount the idea of a Black Hole casting light onto humanity for the purposes of transitioning consciousness, keep in mind that some theories, e.G. Theory of Gravi-Conscilution, views the Universe as being composed of equal amounts of mass and consciousness, with the parallel to black holes being God consciousness, which exists in the same space yet in a different dimension (5th) from a black hole (3rd), with time (4th dimension) as a link between the two.

Essentially what the Mayans were predicting is that we would be cast upon by this light to either take a consciousness step forward to be more connected to and in balance with the Earth, with greater compassion and Love for each other, or we would resist that transition and suffer a great catastrophe.

Here's my view of what will happen, and yes it is a prediction:

Global warming is thawing the Arctic and Greenland. At some accelerated point of melting in Greenland, a small percentage (1-2%) of that islands ice will wash into the Pacific Ocean causing a tsunami that will break off the remaining brim of the west antarctic coast, and between both events the sea level will increase 1-2 meters. That will displace millions of people around the world, particularly in Bangladesh.

How we decide to respond to those millions of displaced people and if we decide to make a move to renewable energy, will be the telltale signs of whether or not we are resisting or able to make the necessary consciousness transition required of us through this time period.

Let's say we don't get it. We ignore the plight of the refugees and continue to burn fossil fuels without making the transition to renewables, then we are resisting the transition and we sentence ourselves to greater calamity with ever worse runaway global warming, that will reduce humankinds population to a minor fraction of its current lofty 6.5 billion.

Don't think global warming can do that? One tipping point is the release of methane from peat bogs in Siberia. Frozen plant life locked in place for tens of thousands of years suddenly decomposing and releasing methane from that process. Methane is a 20 times greater greenhouse gas than CO2, and there is enough methane just in Siberia to double the global warming effect we are now experiencing, which means runaway global warming we could never stop.

The result of a planet that has undergone full runaway global warming would mean inundated coastlines, and a dried out desolete, no plant or tree life, dusty, bone dry continents that will only sustain a small, desperate population of people.

I think we had an opportunity to start the transition with Gore in 2000, but lost it to the idea we could continue to rape the earth without consequence. Now we have an incredible opportunity to make the transition with Obama. He wants to provide tax breaks for the installation of solar from Texas to California, and wind from Texas to North Dakota. A vote for Obama is a vote for a smoother Mayan predicted 2012 transition.

-reply by Stesh Pernocili

Mayan Calendar 2012The Mayan Predictions

Replying to iGuest

What are you talking about? Global Warming is the dumbest theory ever created! A vote for Obama is a vote for the Anti-Christ! If you knew anything about the mayan calendar and the bible all signs are pointing to Obama being the Anti-Christ. I didn't like Obama at the start but I said if John McAin becomes the president he's the anti-christ. All the signs are pointing to our nations president which happens to be Barack Hussein Obama. I agree with everything else you say though. Come on though... Global Warming... I just got 12 inches of snow the other day... Ya Global Warming is happening right now -.-

I wouldn't go getting frustrated with the the whole business of the world ending. Personally, I think there is some truth in the Mayan beliefs etc, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. All I can say is regaurdless of wether the world is going to end on the 21st of December 2012, I know that on the 20th of December 2012 I'm going to smoking compius amounts of weed, drinking like a sailor and ****ing like there's no tomorrow (Pun)

Of course if the Mayans were smart maybe they should have predicted when they would have been wiped out. The notion that same archaic calendar is a reasonable predictor of anything is laughable. Of course the Mayans also used several different calendars. Oh no one of them is only thirteen days long, are we doomed because that one ends? Of course not the calendar simply rolls over. Lets add to this that the Mayans believed that all sorts of rites had to take place regularly for the universe not to end. Though these rites have not occurred were still here. Thus the likely conclusion is simply that the world is not going to end based on a calendar made by people who also thought cutting out someones heart made for a good laugh. Lastly please remember that all calendars are imposed by people. The universe is rather unconcerned with how we decide to track time.