Wow, this is great, good find :lol:

My name in Chinese Posted Image

(Scott)

To hibs1875,

The characters you posted:

Si - refined

Kao - test

Te - excellent

that is a pretty cool thing you found there. but i dont trust "about" websites but i did it anyways here it is

Posted Image

You got the right idea. Here's for having fun. LOL

Ma Ke = Horse; overcome

hehe: very amusing stuff. even if it doesn't have a proper meaning, still nice to know for future reference is you want to look clever :lol:. Thanks for the link - I had some good fun browsing those names, especially the few dodgy ones! :lol:

Lmao @ Dodger and Nguyen.. I'm learning chinese, so I can translate some of the radicals in your names, but translating chinese gives me headache.

I know Nguyen, your name doesn't have the 'Person' radical, like everyone elses'. So I think the meaning is unrelated to people...

And you've got the radical for 'earth' at the bottom of the first character, so Im' completely stupefied.

Panda's name in chinese -

Posted Image

- Christohper D. Merchant

To thablkpanda,

Ke Li Si Duo Fo = overcome; 1/3 of a mile; refined; excessive, extra; buddha

english names in chinese aren't right. they always sound stupid and don't really have any meaning. Chinese people should just learn how to say english names in ENGLISH.

I believe you have it the other way around. I think non-chinese people should not treat Chinese characters as if they were letters of the English alphabets. On behalf of the Chinese people, I believe this is so. When I write letters to my grandfather, who can only read Chinese, I have to write my husband's name the way it is "Chris". It's not that hard for him to figure out since my grandfather was given a Spanish name, "Catalino". Don't know why but I guess his parents want to be fancy that way.

Posted Image

That site said that that was my last name. . . but it wrong <_<

it's not suppose to be like that... aghhhh it's close but not that. though it's pronouce the same. :lol: i am not happy, i am not happy at all!!!!!!!!

my dad said that it's because it can be spelled many ways... but i'm still sad.

----------

Digital Lavender

I'm curious... how is the character suppose to look like?

man that sucks they don' thave my Vietnamese names just English ones. I thought it was going to be cool until i couldn't find my name. Lol. should've tooken an american name in the first place. its all my parents fault!!!!!!!

I thought Vietnamese people have their own calligraphy? No?

>.< i hate mine i dont like how it looks :lol:

Posted Image

You're right. it doesn't (LOL)

Dan Ni = Red Nun

Edited by LAvenus79 (see edit history)

Posted Image

My name is Simon, is this correct? <_<

Xi - West

Meng - cheat

If you must know... The meaning of Simon "It is heard". I was difficult for me to decide the correct character that would suite your name perfectly. I can't just take the meaning in literal terms. So, this is the closest I can make it: Xuan Ting Hua. I gave you the surname of Xuan (proclaim) and the given name Ting Hua (obedient). I tried to cut and paste the characters but this forum is not letting me. :lol:

how do you write Niayab in chinese?

Your Name In Chinese

How do you write Niayab in chinese?

-reply by Niayab

how do you write Niayab in chinese?

Your Name In Chinese

How do you write Niayab in chinese?

-reply by Niayab

Niayab is an uncommon name (I've never heard of it before!) so you probably won't find it on any Chinese name translator side, which usually just compiles a huge list of translations for common English names. But if I translate it according to the pronounciation, I'd translate it as

尼阿亚卜 (Pronounced as Ni-Ah-Ya-Bu) I know the last character 'Bu' is quite redundant, but I can't think of any Chinese character for the 'b' sound itself.

Personally I don't there's a need to analyse the meaning of every single character because the names are translated based on pronounciation, not meaning. So unless your chinese name as a whole translates into something that has a meaning, you don't have to fret about it.

Putting English names into Chinese is tricky... Just approximating the sound with any old character that has a similar sound is not a good idea.Letting a native speaker help you pick a name is a must if you're going to use it for business, visa paperwork or a tattoo...