xisto Community
Johnny

Unofficial Trap17 Graphics Crew! Application info and more

well me and johnny been talking about what we should do withte gfx team so we came to this so far for the forums at least-forum (link off of the t17.com gfx forum or set up new one)(rename it to t17gfx.com gfx forum)Sigs -Showoff -Gifts -Battles (have the current battles in here) --Battle Requests --Finished Battles --SOTW--TournamentsTutorials (have the tuts in here) -Tutorial Requests Resources (have all the psds, brushes, renders, etc. here.) Other -Templates -Large Pieces -3d -Flash, etc. -Questions/Requestsbut if we get the people we could do a full blown website with all this info that we did upt17gfx crew1. get intial crew-admin (6) -moderators (15-20)-need to apply after posting credentials -mod form2. convince opaque or nilsC, to set up t17gfx.com site (this will be the hardest step yet :D )3. design website- main page-registering-bio pages -stats -skills -# of tutorials -# of renders -# of templates -# of sigs -# of downloads -# of requests -# requests done -sig battle win/loss record-download-forum (link off of the t17.com gfx forum or set up new one)(rename it to t17gfx.com gfx forum)Sigs -Showoff -Gifts -Battles (have the current battles in here) --Battle Requests --Finished Battles --SOTW--TournamentsTutorials (have the tuts in here) -Tutorial Requests Resources (have all the psds, brushes, renders, etc. here.) Other -Templates -Large Pieces -3d -Flash, etc. -Questions/Requestsmind you this just ideas and thoughts on how to work the process any suggestions would be helpful thanks

And here's my revised version, cause Mike's crazy.Combine the three forums under graphics and animations into one, because the other two (3d/advanced, and fireworks or whatever it is) aren't active, like, at all. Then make that forum a base forum under the category "Contribute". Then have subforums like this: Sigs -Showoff -Gifts -SOTW (Sig of the Week) -Tournaments -Battles (have the current battles in here) --Battle Requests --Finished Battles Tutorials (have the tuts in here) -Tutorial Requests Resources (have all the psds, brushes, renders, etc. here.) Other -Templates -Large Pieces -3d -Flash, etc. -Questions/RequestsT17 GFX Crew1. Get intial crew5-6 members2. Get a site devoted to the crew (This will be hella hard, and we won't need it for quite a while.)3. Bio topics (this may be a bit hard, because we'd be constantly updating it...) -stats -skills -# of tutorials -# of renders -# of templates -# of sigs -# of downloads -# of requests -# requests done -sig battle win/loss record4. Download (MAYBE. If the admins go through with it.)And Mike, you wrote the forum layout twice. X.x

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

[1](Sounds... ambitious), and [2]um, complicated :( - [3]I think we need to start begging now if we want it though :(

167622[/snapback]

[1] I don't like where you're headed with that...

[2] Working on it. :D

[3] Begging for...?

The forum layout is fine and dandy, but neither of us mods (me and you) have the power to create new forums. You probably saw my report in the staff, but any changes hasn't happened yet. :DHave you tried contacting Nils via IM?

The forum layout is fine and dandy, but neither of us mods (me and you) have the power to create new forums. You probably saw my report in the staff, but any changes hasn't happened yet. :D

Have you tried contacting Nils via IM?

167635[/snapback]

Yeah, I talked to Nils on MSN or AIM (I forget which) and he said he'd get to it in a few days, because he was having troubles with some lightning-fried computers, but I just pmed both him and OpaQue a newer updated version than the previous one, and even this last one here. So hopefully one of them will get to it sometime soon.

And about the mods-can't-change-forums things, I know...I was gonna ask them about it. Although, I did also mention that if they don't have the time, they can just make me an admin for a short period of time so I can do it all for them.

So hopefully we'll get the layout changes all done sometime today, and then we're pretty good to go with the crew, and a few other new secret stuff you guys might like. Just waiting on those modifications by the big guys. :(

I'm working on a template for this, lemme know what you think, ill be done soon.

167659[/snapback]

A template for the gfx crew? Oooh..sounds great. :D

We'd just need a place to host it. Maybe we can get another account from the admins (Mike suggested a subdomain gfx.trap17.com) to put it on, where we can all have access and whatnot.

Johnny, I like the revised crew logo. Nice!Regarding how to pick the number of members and who to pick: Pick the first 3 or 4 on the bases of poll popularity. So if a member A, B and C received 13 votes, member D at 7 and members E, F, G at 5 each respectively, you would then pick members A, B, C, D, E and F. So the first one to reach 5 votes after picking the top 3 or 4, to become the crew member, would be easier than having to include everyone who reaches 5 votes.

Johnny, I like the revised crew logo. Nice!

Regarding how to pick the number of members and who to pick:

Pick the first 3 or 4 on the bases of poll popularity. So if a member A, B and C received 13 votes, member D at 7 and members E, F, G at 5 each respectively, you would then pick members A, B, C, D, E and F. So the first one to reach 5 votes after picking the top 3 or 4, to become the crew member, would be easier than having to include everyone who reaches 5 votes.

167684[/snapback]

[1] Thanks. :D I still like Truefusion's better though.

[2] That sounds like a good plan, but when should we stop voting and grab those top people?

[2] That sounds like a good plan, but when should we stop voting and grab those top people?

167685[/snapback]

Your original plan of giving a time allowance would work greatly with this plan. Let's say you give two weeks for other members to vote. After the end of two weeks, you first pick the top 3 candidates and you work yourself down to the next 3 with at least 5 votes. If there aren?t enough votes or there's tie, start a sudden death challenge or tie breaker post. LOL this is going to turn out like the Olympics or sports events where athletics are fighting for the 4th or the 5th place.

Yeah, if you can't decide the rest of the crew, just perform a tie breaker challenge. I guess the question is: is two weeks enough? A month is too long?

Edit: Additionally, candidates would submit their work to you directly and you can start a topic with polls set to the works selected by you. For example, Member A submitted two works and you select one from that. And then you would start a topic with the poll A, B, C, D, E, F with the art work by A, B, C, D, E and F respectively. I think you can actually omit the candidates names this way, so that voting is really unbiased. Yeah, I think it'll work out well.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

[1] Your original plan of giving a time allowance would work greatly with this plan. Let's say you give two weeks for other members to vote. After the end of two weeks, you first pick the top 3 candidates and you work yourself down to the next 3 with at least 5 votes. If there arent enough votes or there's tie, start a sudden death challenge or tie breaker post. LOL this is going to turn out like the Olympics or sports events where athletics are fighting for the 4th or the 5th place.

[2] Yeah, if you can't decide the rest of the crew, just perform a tie breaker challenge. I guess the question is: is two weeks enough? A month is too long?

[3] Edit: Additionally, candidates would submit their work to you directly and you can start a topic with polls set to the works selected by you. For example, Member A submitted two works and you select one from that. And then you would start a topic with the poll A, B, C, D, E, F with the art work by A, B, C, D, E and F respectively. I think you can actually omit the candidates names this way, so that voting is really unbiased. Yeah, I think it'll work out well.

167688[/snapback]

[1] I dunno, I don't think we should wait two weeks. I mean, people quit voting on battles after about 3 or 4 days...maybe one week is good for applications? Or am I just being impatient here? :D

[2] Tie breaker. Sounds good.

[3] But most of the works would have the person's name on them, so I dunno. O.o

I dunno, I don't think we should wait two weeks. I mean, people quit voting on battles after about 3 or 4 days...maybe one week is good for applications? Or am I just being impatient here

I like the one week idea. Anyone who would want to vote would "look" for the topic when it was announced. The people who vote later on stumble upon the topic by chance.

But most of the works would have the person's name on them, so I dunno. O.o

I think we should have one or two rules for the work the candidates would do such as no names, no animation or things like that.

On the other hand you could allow people to post names as long as it isn't their username on this website or Xisto, ipbgaming or antilost :D

[3] But most of the works would have the person's name on them, so I dunno. O.o

167693[/snapback]

One week sound good.

You can request each candidates not to place submitter's name for now, since it can be placed after qualifying. Humm... there is the matter of copyright. Well, we can keep coming up with other ways.