xisto Community
Johnny

Unofficial Trap17 Graphics Crew! Application info and more

Nah...I think just using the stuff they've already done is fine. I don't think there will be too many bias problems...I was planning on submitting some of my c4d abstract stuff, and it's pretty obvious that stuff is mine...open voting should be fine.If we had people make new sigs for the application, one member might get lucky and make a really nice sig, but be unable to continue that when they're in the crew, or a really good sigger might have a bad day and thus be eliminated. I think if we submit a bunch of our already made stuff, we'll be showing the skill we have regularly, you know?Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

If we had people make new sigs for the application, one member might get lucky and make a really nice sig, but be unable to continue that when they're in the crew, or a really good sigger might have a bad day and thus be eliminated. I think if we submit a bunch of our already made stuff, we'll be showing the skill we have regularly, you know?

Why not do one of both? One "This is the piece of work I'm most proud of..." and one "Here's one I made today....".

Another way to ensure that the results aren't biased would make it so that so that you must give a reason for why you voted. Or (if you were actually doing a proper) poll, run the voting for this just like you would for battles. Make the voter state you he's voting for, why he's voting for who he is and the current score at the end.

If we had people make new sigs for the application, one member might get lucky and make a really nice sig, but be unable to continue that when they're in the crew, or a really good sigger might have a bad day and thus be eliminated. I think if we submit a bunch of our already made stuff, we'll be showing the skill we have regularly, you know?

Why not do one of both? One "This is the piece of work I'm most proud of..." and one "Here's one I made today....".

Another way to ensure that the results aren't biased would make it so that so that you must give a reason for why you voted. Or (if you were actually doing a proper) poll, run the voting for this just like you would for battles. Make the voter state you he's voting for, why he's voting for who he is and the current score at the end.

167722[/snapback]

Sounds good to me. :D

Johnny, i really liek ur idea, i think we can full it off, and i really liek ur sigs, mines are ok, even. An i think i can learn a lot more from u. lol so lets do this. And Rate My Sig.

Johnny, i really liek ur idea, i think we can full it off, and i really liek ur sigs, mines are ok, even. An i think i can learn a lot more from u. lol so lets do this. And Rate My Sig.

167767[/snapback]

Thanks. I hope the crew will be able help you guys out.

About rating your sig, you should make a post in the 'rate the sig above you' topic or make a new topic for it, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it's a little too big, and I'm not a fan of the text or brushing, but it's definitely not bad. I think it needs a border though. :D

So where is the application where i have to do stuff,lol i have more sifgs, i will show them laterP.S. i just started with fotoshop,lol and so u r gonna have to tell me how to make a border even i dun figure it out by then. i willl post more sigs on my applicatio. started making them liek 3 days ago,lol

Notice from Johnny:
Merged double posts.

Well, I'd suggest applying later on then...not trying to sound mean, but I doubt you'd make it after 3 days, without borders. =/

And.....I just looked at your sig again. That's a full blown rip of my background for my sig used in my coloring tutorial:

Posted Image

So, I'm gonna go ahead and take a guess and say you won't be able to make it in the crew.

i see we been in some heavy discussion about this.ok so the voting goes best 6 out those who applyed for the initial crew. ok thats all fine and dandy but then what do we do with the people who appllied but did not get in? thats going stunt this idea like coffee does to growth, when start doing the profile ideas. later on.me and johnny figured out about 10% of the whole plan and thats the setting up the crew and the forum changes that will be done eventually, but we will figure that out once the crew has been inducted.other then that we just wait i guess.arms everything about that sig is all wrong text render and the brushing not going well with each other.

i see we been in some heavy discussion about this.

ok so the voting goes best 6 out those who applyed for the initial crew.  ok thats all fine and dandy but then what do we do with the people who appllied but did not get in? thats going stunt this idea like coffee does to growth, when start doing the profile ideas. later on.

me and johnny figured out about 10% of the whole plan and thats the setting up the crew and the forum changes that will be done eventually, but we will figure that out once the crew has been inducted.

other then that we just wait i guess.

arms everything about that sig is all wrong text render and the brushing not going well with each other.

167842[/snapback]

Okay, scratch that. We've decided that me and Mike are just going to go ahead and lead it, and let people apply and vote, then after a week we'll take 4 or 5 of the highest voted people and add them to the crew.

yeah i notice it too but wasn't going to say anything, cuz im cool like that but anyways, looks like the applications are coming in nicely so we should see how it all fairs out at the end of the week.

yeah i notice it too but wasn't going to say anything, cuz im cool like that but anyways, looks like the applications are coming in nicely so we should see how it all fairs out at the end of the week.

168254[/snapback]

Yep. Monday morning is when the new graphics crew will officially be assembled. Wheee! :D

Yep. Monday morning is when the new graphics crew will officially be assembled. Wheee! :D

168290[/snapback]

*(Q@H#SD

Monday is when Nguyen will go back to school...for the last FREAKING YEAR!! w00t.

*regains composure*

Notice from Johnny:
Off topic and uninteresting. :D