xisto Community
emperor

How To Make A Very Simple Wap Site A quick tutorial about WML language

Thats really great. I thought that WML was greatly different from HTM or XHTML, but is nearly the same. Thanx for sharing this wonderful tutorial.

Very nice tutorial and thats comeing from someone with a little XML knowledge (that's me). At the moment I'm only creating web sites coded for mobile phones (WAP sites). It is quite easy to learn but is HTML easier? Anyway this is great tutorial! :)

thanx for the tutorial mate,btw jus for the people out there that dont wana struggle days and days trying to get any of it right,i suggest u all use a wen.ru site builder,its a very basic wml/html wap site builder for beginners of learning wml but its just to get u started with the basics

That is a very easy and simple Tutorial. Or help page. Whatever you want to call it. But I am currently using Html. I think it is to late to change. Thankyou for posting this.

Thanks for this tutorial <_< I didn't know that making a wap page is so easy, I certainly should make a try. A personal wap page, I think this would be a good way to access everything you need wherever you are...

this will be very useful in my upcoming machine problem in one of my major subjects at school. we have to build our very own personal wap site! can't wait. thanks for the tutorial.

very useful, I like the part where you made it simple for us de-de-dees to understand lol

hello! friends here i am to explain to you my level best to make you understand about WAP site creation. i would like to start with an introduction.WML (Wireless Markup Language) is the new web language for making sites on mobile phones. Over the past few months new WAP (Wireless Applications Protocol) phones have become extremely popular and many large websites have created special 'mobile' versions of their site. Many people predict that, over the next few years, WAP sites will become even morepopular and e-commerce over mobile phones will be widely available.The reason why you should use wml is that Although you might not have any plans immediately for creating a WAP version of your site, it is always a good idea to get involved in new technology. All you need to do is make a small site (even one page) which tells people a bit about your website. In the future you can develop the site further with things like e-mail and information for people to get directly off their phones.The main sites which will benefit from WAP are ones providing a service like e-mail, live sports scores or a calendar service etc. but there are many other uses. For example, a site giving music reviews could put their reviews on a WAP site. People could then read the reviews on their mobile phone while browsing through the CDs in a shop.This is all about the introduction ,After reading the introduction you should understand about WAP sites, WML and what you can do with them so I will go straight into how to create a site. Note that you should really either have a WAP phone or a WAP simulator so that you can view your site and a knowledge of HTML is useful.Unfortunately WML cannot be run on all web hosts. For WML content to be run, a web host must make some changes to the configuration of their web server. If your host cannot do this for you, you can try WAPHosts.net. They can provide you with a server which will support WML.Thats all i know for now and will post more after i finish reading my tutorial book. Hope this is useful for you all now

Great write up. There are sites like tripod.com and pages.google.com what allow us to make pages without knowledge of any coding. Is there any such site for creating WAP pages??I personally feel the best methord to learn HTML is to create a site using on of the similar sites and study the code.Just tinkering around with the page source helps learn qiute a few things!!!

Even if you have a normal site you could create just a single WAP page about our site.One can always use it as a means for greater publicity! The WAP page can give a brief description of what your site is all about. This will definately draw visitors to your site so that you don't miss out on the wireless lot of people.Publicity always helps!!

very understandable tutorial... i used this language 3 years ago in my college days... but aside from this i inserted php/mysql... ^__^ but i think new cellphones are XHTML compliant so WML is already near it's death...