xisto Community
emperor

How To Make A Very Simple Wap Site A quick tutorial about WML language

very nice tutorial. i bet you got alot of credits for that one lol. any ways i don't really see the point of making a wap page now because you can access normal internet on a 3g phone now but a very good in depth tutorial

Wap site can got any good application?Now our buiding sites using code?no,just cms.maybe there were the cms can made it directly to wap site.Now days I'm using blackberry to surf sometime,but it's boring with the simple wap site and the little screen gotta the health problem to your eyes.Maybe the good appalication of the wap site is just gave you convinence,like google reader mobile,gmail mobile,something like that.

very nice do you or any1 else have any scripts ready made or know any templates with the it built in.would be handy to know, ill check it out too and if i find anything ill post it up.cheersv :)

Great tutorial :lol:. oh yeah by the frontpage is a WYSIWYG editor for HTML only!! I wouldn't bother using fontpage as an editor because the code that it generates is messy.

save as what?How To Make A Very Simple Wap Site

Hey everyone. May I know how do I save the codes? For example, if I'm building a HTML sites, I will save it as say, index.Html. If for this WAP site, how shall I save ir? index.Wap? Sorry, such a noob right here. And how do I preview it? Is it like any other HTML sites? Thanks.

-question by mrytl3

Hi,I have published the last version of "Apache Mobile Filter", this open source project has in the first 8 months, more than 1100 downloads from sourceforge and I suppose the same from CPAN.The Apache Mobile Filter allows you to access WURFL from any programming language, not just Java and php that is traditionally used for dynamic mobile web sites.The module detects the mobile device and passes the WURFL capabilities on to the other web application as environment variables. It can also be used to resize images on the fly to adapt to the screen size of the mobile device.Try it and let me know your opinion.For more info: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ have made two test pages:PC Test Page:  http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Test Page:  http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/