xisto Community
jmb2006

I Really Hate Runescape is there nothing else?

This may just be my personel opinion but I really think that people that play runescape are the people that can't afford high-end gaming pc's that playin graphically intense FPS (First Person Shooter) Games like Call of Duty 2. I just bought a bunch of expensive parts and threw together a gaming computer just so that I could play Call of Duty 2. Although I have a heat problem it was very pricy. You I can agree with, runescape is stupid, in my opinion it's for poor nerds. :rolleyes: It is cheaply made and very linear. Every online game that doesn't require to download anything or can run on low-bandwith obviously is cheap. Unlike this web hosting Xisto Offers, http://smokyhosts.com/ has almost the same system as this but their servers are very slow. I am looking forward to having a great hosting account and I will post in these forums every single day as much as possible.

Even though I agree that this game is now horrible and I already complained about Runescape it was good in its day. Runscape kind of showed gamers how great RPG's can be when you play with others. When the game started out it had worse graphics than now. However, the game was more of a community than it is now. People did not really compete as much. Runescape 2 lead to the game being awful. I would still play if they hadn't made RS2.

I know exactly what you mean. I mean, I despise Java games anyway so I'm already off to a bad start, but for me, it always seems very laggy, over-complicated and glitchy.

I haven't played much online recently but i would reccomend Flyff if you just want somewhere to adventure around with decent graphics. (gfx are in a psudo-anime all 3d style) and theyre adding a load of new stuff soon, including revamping the flying system etc etc

how much development do we see in runescape. they upgraded the already somwhat dodgy graphical system to the same system with better anti-aliasing.

And when I first looked at the game, I must admit to secretly wondering, how much wood I REALLY had to chop in order to get skill points in building a fire.

however, all that sed, I know many people who swear by it for exactly that reason. That whole, have-to-do-everything total-immersion thing really gets some people excited.

but I have no idea why!

my verdict? A good idea with a different offering than most other rpg games but without the thought that goes into most games. The developers need to get their heads out of the clouds and play the game just to see what a mess theyre making of it. But I spose people ARE playing it

i dont know why i just really hate the online rpg runescape, it makes me so angry when people at my school dont shut up about runescape.what is so great about runescape. :rolleyes:

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified to be more specific.

Meh, I also hate Runescape. The graphics aren't to great and it takes a long time to load on my computer. Mainly because I have an old computer that I don't like it. lol, because my old computer is really crappy for playing for those who didn't understand it in the first part of what I said....What? Now I'm confused. :/ *Shuts up*I know a lot of people play this game and I've heard it's really good but I've also heard it really sucks. When I did play it though on a friends computer that was newer and better I enjoyed it for the first minute or two. I don't like the fact that you have to go through the training and such to learn how to do everything. That should be an option.I also didn't like the controls and the camera views could have been a lot better. Usually I always got stuck behind a building, in a building, or at the edge of a ledge and couldn't see my character.

Runescape is pretty sweet i guess, i created my guy when i was a junior in high school. I only played probably about an hour a day back then, because i could only play it at the area vocational center and i went there for computer networking for 2 hours every other day during my junior year. then my senior year i there every day, but they system admin had blocked off the site so i could no longer play it, because i did not have a good enough computer at home to play it on. but recently i have moved to college, i started once again to play it here, but one of the IT guys has asked me to stop playing, so i suppose i should. about two months ago one of my friends had gotten high-speed internet, so now 3 other of my friends are starting to play it!!!!!!!!

right now my guy is a level 48, and i have 446 total levels :wacko: runescape is the best free MMOG on the internet, you just have to look past the graphics and get into the game and the competitiveness, you *BLEEP*es!!!!

i dont know why i just really hate the online rpg runescape, it makes me so angry when people at my school dont shut up about runescape.what is so great about runescape. :blink:

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified to be more specific.

ah runescape and MMORPGs........ :wacko:

well yes, i agree with what most of you guys say, runescape sucks....hear now my tale of woe as i journeyed through the boring addictiveness of MMORPGs.....

the beginning.....

cursed be the so-called "friend" of mine who took away months of my life when he said: "hey dude, check out this game, it is so ownage!"

unfortunatly, i listened to his words ;) ..and so, Bloodlash, the level three was born in the noob-town of Lumbridge.....

long did he wander, lost, picking up various small niceties such as a wooden shield, and doing what small quests he could accomplish in his wanderings, such as the sheep shearer quest....eventually he grew slowly better, obtaining no less than a STEEL shield, and going to level 10! then disaster struck, as some n00b ;) scammed him off his shield, proclaiming he would "make it better" if i gave it to him for a few seconds...after which the he took to his heels....

then...the second journeys...when bloodlash the scammed becomes the scammer.....

then for a while grief took bloodlash, and long was his account in-active...untill an idea struck him!

"hmm that scammer had the right idea!" he thought....

and so, bloodlash the scammer was born! long did he travel, from falador to varrock, and back from varrock through barbarian villiage, scamming as he went....and eventually, he found what he was looking for...a warrior, in full black armour no less, and a very witless warrior he was too...bloodlash then took him to the member's gate, and saying unto him: "come give me thy armour, and i will trim it in GOLD! it will take me 2 minutes to go through the member's gate however..."

and then the warrior did give bloodlash his armour, and long did he wait...2 minutes...2 hours...2 days...but bloodlash did not return...

and so it was, that with this wealth, he did buy a good mithril pick-axe...and with that pick-axe he did mine rune essences...and those he sold to his great wealth...and with that wealth he bought better pickaxes....and then he ventured down to varrock sewers to grind....and eventually, bloodlash the warrior tired of bearing a sword, and became bloodlash the ranger!

eventually, after much grinding and mining of rune essences...bloodlash went forth .... NORTH!

and there, many a hapless mage or mighty warrior fell to bloodlashe's arrows...

now, the player behind bloodlash, yours truly, was wholly hooked, and ever he started unwittingly into his PC screen, heedless of his mother's yells to get off and do his homework....

eventually bloodlash grew tired of mere free playing, he had slain the mighty Elvarg the dragon, done all his non-members quests, got his full green dragonhide armour, and slain many another player in the wilderness, with his 2 ranger buddies, irish_blood and proper_bow.

so then, he did beggest his mother, and she set him on a quest to finish his homework,and so he toiled for 3 hours.....and after this mighty task was accomplished, his mother did give him a reward of his quest! 3.50 for bloodlash's membership!

and then bloodlash passed the gate north of Falador, and came to the far-reaching land of Payed Membership....

long did he tarry there, getting ever more hooked ever questing to gain more money, to gain the next level, to gain better armour...cutting wood, then merchanting, then buying, then questing, then PKing....on and on and on and on...untill eventually....one day....while cutting down his 900th log of his next 1k batch of Yew Logs....he cried aloud! " death to this boring and thrice-accursed game! for even when i get my 300k gp, what then??? i will only lose it some way and have to gut another 1k logs! damn this game"

and then he did relinquish runescape for ever.....and he did go to the gym, and he did work out, and then he did go forth into the huge MMORPG that is called "real life" ...and there did he score with a few chicks, and he did get slapped by many more who he attempted to score, and he did have fun, and he did do many a crazy drunken thing, such as set fire to park bins for no reason at all, and the cops did chase him, and he did elude them, and then he did score with more chicks, and so it went......

and that is the tale of bloodlash the ranger, and the foolish player behind him! death to runescape! :blink:

I played that game for a solid year, the good thing was it was free. To me runescape was just a mild addiction compared to WOW. I don't play WOW, I learned my lesson from RS. I think games like WOW will need the same sorta campains as they have for anti-smoking. HA HA

runescape is fun..... atleast when you have members and your account isnt stolen and people arent reporting you just cause they dont like you and people arent trien to hack your cpu and they arent trien to scam your items and you arent being asked to be theyre freind and 2 seconds later get jumped by a crew of flippin level 100+ or when you go somewhere you dont get beat up by monsters that you didnt know where so high in level or you cant even play the original RS cause you werent a member of it 5 years agoso.... ye, runescape is fun :blink:

You know what, I hate runscape too because at the public library people of all ages are playing runscape and hogging all the computers while people like me need to use the computers to type and stuff. My interent connection was not working that specific day so I had to use the public libraries. I finally get a computer after 1 hour on the waiting list program and then there is only 15 minutes left before the place closes. I could not finish my homework becuase of little runscape players. :blink:

anyone know where the autominers for runescape are leaking from?

cause thats some heavy hacking action for just a simple game like runescape

im suprised they havent got a report for that stuff... does jagex not know of this??

Posted Image

however... i think runescape had alot of effort put into it for the crew they had...

jagex aint no blizzard once you decide to pay the extra 5$ fo' da members server that they did a good some of work into making it...

"same cannot be said for the social catagory"

Edited by Deathguises (see edit history)

hatehatehatehateHATE...Yeah. I am so d*** tired of hearing dumb people talk about runescape. Sure, online games can be fun, but YOUR ENTIRE D*** LIFE SHOULDN'T REVOLVE AROUND THEM. I have a particular space in my black heart for runescape, the worst MMO game of them all. It corrodes young minds, (only joking) provides a black hole for time, andagrh.*argh.I just hate it when people talk constantly about runescape. Luckily I'm in high school, and RS is a bit more of a grade-school game so I don't hear about it as much, but...anyways, in High School it's world of warcraft. I don't mind WoW so much, though I am annoyed by people looking me in the eye and crying, "you don't play wow!?" but it's warcraft, so at least it's kinda cool. And smart on blizzard's part.But anyways, I understand the collective frustration with Runescape. It is the embodiment of everything that is vile in the universe.

Ohhh my gosh...I wasn't almost 3 years on that stupid game. At first it was fun and I was to extactict about it, then I bought members, got really good at everything, and got bored fast. (never talked about it at school)

guys this is what im talking abt... people are wasting away infront of this game.... im thinking of starting a huge webportal to make people aware of the side effects of rs...
JAGEX DOESNT CARE ABT YOU ONLY ABT YOUR MONEY

i think it is really important for people to understand this...

Reading through all this topics just gave me an idea. How about we make a link exchange in our websites... And we make some articles about how boring RuneScape is. Then, as I am a Userbar artist, I can give GFX stuff for download! :)