xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cse-icons

Multiple Explosions Rock London Blasts in London

hi,
Here is the article on the latest news..

Several explosions rocked the London subway and ripped through three buses in the city, injuring unspecified number of people.
The blasts prompted authorities to shut down the entire Underground network as the G-8 summit of the world's richest nations got underway in Scotland.

British Transport Police blamed the explosions in the subway on some power surges, which, they said, took place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations in central London.

source : http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/jul/07blast.htm

The entire train transport network of the city of London has come to a halt. The cause of the blast is still unknown but it is being pointed out that it may be due to power surges.. ???

I am not in or from London but can understand the situation when a public transport system goes off for a day...

Also hope there is no casualty in the incident.

Cheers.

The latest I heard claimed there were at least eight fatalities, and it is not just the subway, but busses exploded as well, now they are saying at least two bombs were used.So much for the power surge theory! Tony Blair has apparently issued a statement admitting it had to be Terrorists.

the latest I've heard is that 6 bombs blew off.Important if true: Some newspapers claim that a group linked to al Qua'eda has claimed responsibility for these attacks.... it's definitely a sad thing to see so many people killed and I really don't support people who resolve to violence as a way of expressing their problems - but it's not surprising that it should hit London. It was rather about time.As you might remember, a guy named al Zarqawi predicted bloody times for all those nations which don't remove their troops from Iraq within the near future and that was about one and a half years ago. After the attacks on Madrid in 2004, the new spanish government decided to withdraw their troops from Iraq. The UK and US governments stayed in the Iraq and keep on murdering tens of thousands civilians every other month. It's not surprising that some people who feel to be closely connected to the civilians being slayn in Iraq decide to kill some civilians in the nations responsible for this massacre as well when attacks on the occupying forces don't work the way they'd like to...

There's been a report of over 40 deaths and 300 injuries. Supposedly this was a threat to the G8 meetings in Scotland, where 8 world leaders, including Bush, are having peace talks.Apparently it was caused by a previously known group called the "Secret Organization Group of al Qaeda of Jihad in Europe".Oh, and it happened at about 10AM London (GMT) time, which is about 2AM here (Pacific). I just woke up like 10 minutes ago, so this is all news to me as well.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

The latest I heard claimed there were at least eight fatalities

About 25 minutes ago police confirmed 33 have died.

All this happening a mere hour's train journey away from us. I really shocked. Nothing like this ever happened to London before.

Someone said this was meant be something to do with G8 and others with us winning the bid. I think it's more to do with the G8.

If anyone wants up-to-date news on this it can be found here

I just arrived from school and this was the news that welcomed me. It's pretty scary how a big city like London was targeted by these people. I live in the Philippines and we have our own political problem at the present but there was a time when all the news were focused on terrorist attacks particularly bombings in different cities in the country including where I live. It's very unsettling to go on with your daily activities knowing that something bad might happen to you or your family. I hope this people would stop and think of the effects in the lives of the people they've changed by doing this horrible acts of violence.

There's now a hotline for people worried about relatives in England:"The number is 0870 1566 344."The US also raised it's terror and alerrt levels on rails and subways but not the airlines...which is stupid. -.-

The latest I heard claimed there were at least eight fatalities

About 25 minutes ago police confirmed 33 have died.

All this happening a mere hour's train journey away from us. I really shocked. Nothing like this ever happened to London before.

Someone said this was meant be something to do with G8 and others with us winning the bid. I think it's more to do with the G8.

If anyone wants up-to-date news on this it can be found here

158494[/snapback]

Ya I just heard the report, but apparently that number doesn't include the bus explosion. Thanks for the link, very useful. BTW I agree that it must have had more to do with G8, after all they chose the opening day of the summit, and the absense of Blair is certainly going to make an impact on the meetings that would have been taking place, although I heard that the G8 is cancelling all meetings until tomorrow dispite the leaders saying they wanted to have business as usual to send a message to the terrorists.

I live near London, about an hour's drive away, damn, I can't believe people, whoever they are could go around doing something like this, it really sickens me, I'm lucky I wasn't going on any train at that time, unlike the poor people there who were in the blast. I just hope they figure out in time who really did it and put a stop to them. I wonder what those people feel like doing something like this, and also why they did something like this.

I live in London and we first heard this news in our Geography at school.All the pupils in my class were distraught and crying. EVERYONE was crying, their families and friends and relatives all work in London near the bomb explosions and everyone was really worried. Even the guys were crying it was all too much and got me started aswell. It was a horrible atmosphere.It was reported that a muslim was trying to do a suicide attack but got shot in the head.Also someone in our class said it might of been something to do with G8 as a similar thing happened last time the G8 got together and 300 died.At lunch time me and my friend crowded into a small room with all the people watching the news, sitting waiting and hoping. it was terrible. My friends were really badly scared.

I live in South Wales and firts heard at about 12:30 at school during my history lesson. The person that told us is actually the class clown so we didn't believe him at first but oat lunch time we looked at the news on the internet. Deeply shocked.

The latest I have heard is that more than 30 people have died an around 350 others have been injured.

Here you can see the underground passengers evacuating at Kings Cross:

Posted Image

The blasts occured in these places:

*Between Aldgate East and Liverpool Street tube stations

*Between Russell Square and King's Cross tube stations

*At Edgware Road tube station

*On a bus at Tavistock Square

I feel so sorry for all the people affected by this event, it makes me feel sick that these people would do such a thing!

sad, really sad news... hope they get the culprits fast, and bring justice to the victims. my sympathies to the families of those injured and who lost their loved ones in this tragedy.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

link and screenshot of the website that has claims by Al-Qaeda for responsibility in the london attack. it also says that Italy and Denmark are next.

but the thing is, it can happen next anywhere, so let us all be extra careful and extra vigilant. be safe, everyone.

more pics from personal contributions here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

ADDED: Wikipedia responds to London bombings with good information

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings

Edited by serverph (see edit history)