xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
solankyno1

Favourite Download Manager Tell your choice

It is personal choice to use any software for your need. But I want to say one thing for all Flashget lovers. I have also use it and it is true that it is a good download manager. But it contains adware and spyware.

The following is from CNet download.com page of flashget download page.

http://download.cnet.com/s/flashget/

Editor's note: This download includes adware. Adware may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the end user license agreement and installation options. For more information on adware and spyware, please visit our Spyware Center.

Now it is upon you.

I use Limewire for most of the small files I download. I've yet to use BitTorrent, although I heard a lot of good things about it. Apart from that, Firefox's download manager works very well for general downloads.

I personally prefer Free Download Manager, which can be downloaded from: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/, I think this has the clearest interface out of the download managers I've used (I have dial up, a good download manager is essential) which include DAP, freshdownload and some others which I forget (what ever you do never ever use this, its ok but it keeps setting itself to intergrate with firefox, and I have to manually delete the plugin from the firefox directiry to stop it, anyway), I also like the scheduler which allows you to automate downloads and shutdown your computer when the downloads are done (I'm not sure if others can do this so please dont make fun of me too much if everydownload manager ever can also do this). But for small downloads which I won't get disconnected in the middle of the firefox download manager is pretty solid.

Hi friends, Most of us will be using download managers for downloading the files from the internet. I am currently using GetRight. Please tell about your choice. It will be better if we give preference to freewares in this discussion.

flashget, i feel is the best download manager.
its very user friendly and fast operation.
if any one has a better option other than flashget then kindly let me know.

i use the Firefox download manager that came with the browser.... :) it works for me.

The best download manager is the JDownloader. This download manager can download files from: Rapidshare.com, Youtube.com, Megaupload.com, Depositfiles.com, Gigasize.com and from the web too...It?s simple the best download manager that I have used in the life and it?s free. I recommend you download this faboulous software and it?s necessary to have Java Environment installed in the computer because JDownloader needs Java to work.You can download movies from Rapidshare for example and the software automatically will download the parts and you can far from your computer but the Jdownloader is working all the time. It?s perfect to the downloaders like me but it can be used for anyone.I recommend you prove the fabolous Jdownloader.Regards.

I like DownThemAll! It's not a program itself, it's an add-on for Firefox, which does almost as much as any other download manager: download all links from a webpage, resume downloads, multiple parts downloading, etc...
Very nice really, I recommend it.

My favorite download manager is "Orbit Downloader"It's free, fast and has many features, and works on both XP and Vista.One of the best features is to download embedded streaming content or music that is played in the browser. The download manager tries to make most downloads run faster, although we all know you can never exceed your area speed :)It works with all types of browsers such as Firefox and Opera and not just Windows Internet Explorer.