xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
solankyno1

Favourite Download Manager Tell your choice

Hi friends, Most of us will be using download managers for downloading the files from the internet. I am currently using GetRight. Please tell about your choice. It will be better if we give preference to freewares in this discussion.

i don't use download programs due to the fact most of them are also away for hackers to get you with a computer virus regardless if you pay for it or it for free.

I like operas download menager for most thinks, but sometimes I use Downloader 4 X

I use Mozilla's Firefox download manager. Since version 0.10 everything is cool. Version 1.0PR has a bug, which let's hole in the system, so attacker can delete your files in DOnwload folder of Mozilla's DL manager. :rolleyes:

But you can't resume downloads with the download manager integrated into Firefox.

I use BitTorrent and Limewire. Those are the 2 best ones. I use BitTorrent for the big files and LimeWire for the small ones. It seems that BitTorrent is only for big files anyways. I used to go with Kazaa, but then too many viruses and things.

I use BitTorrent and Limewire. Those are the 2 best ones. I use BitTorrent for the big files and LimeWire for the small ones. It seems that BitTorrent is only for big files anyways. I used to go with Kazaa, but then too many viruses and things.

Bittorrent, Limewire, and Kazaa aren't download managers. These are programs that access a P2P-Network.
solankyno1 meant by "download managers" programs that download files over a http or ftp (mostly) protocol. If you have ever downloaded a file with the Internet Explorer, you may have noticed that closing that download window causes the download to be aborted. Consequence: You have to start downloading again.
The main feature of download managers is the ability to resume cancel/paused downloads. You can queue (We know that word from those P2P programs) multiple downloads.

Bittorrent, Limewire, and Kazaa aren't download managers. These are programs that access a P2P-Network.
solankyno1 meant by "download managers" programs that download files over a http or ftp (mostly) protocol.

Yes NTNguyen, you are right. I am talking about http or ftp download managers. I have tested almost all the download managers and found Leechget the best. Veryfast, free, 100% spyware and adware free.

I have tested almost all the download managers and found Leechget the best. Veryfast, free, 100% spyware and adware free.

Yeah Leechget is the best, completly free, no viruses/ad/spyware and easy to use, I used use InternetDownloadManager, but my trial ran out, so I switched to leechget and Ive never regretted it.

my first download meneger i use is DAP . Some time when i download my file for about 90% and my internet were disconnect . i start download again and they got to start from 1% (the host is resome support). they make me crazy bcause my file size is so big :rolleyes: then I try to change to use flashget and i choose this to be my favourite download manager. because they feature like finding real source of file event though i click the link that need to be redirect to file they will find it automatic. and it can split file when download up to 10 segment.and what about other opinion what is your favourite download manager? :angry:

My favorite downloadmanager is prozilla an opensource linux dl-manager with nice features imo :angry:

Ow for the few windows users on this forum :rolleyes:
In windows my altimes fav is flashget also a nice dl-manager with lots and lots of options ( most you will never use :angry: )

maybe there is different in all kinds of areas.here my area is asia,where the best choice in download manage is flashget X or NetAnt...which is fairly a good software download tool and manager. most of us use them usually.to satisfy my supprise,i will try the tool u talk about in ur area... hehe :rolleyes: