xisto Community
iGuest

Naruto's Father

Guys, i found some info that maibe help :P it's about a manga based on naruto. It's about kakashi's childhood..it even explain how he got the scar and the sharigan's power!! =D and well... his teacher, yodaime..lookes very similar to naruto XP

Posted Image

Kakashi Gaiden

Kakashi Gaiden is a small six-part spinoff manga based on the popular manga Naruto, by Masashi Kishimoto. Kishimoto published the miniseries in place of the regular Naruto storyline in Shonen Jump, which last through chapters 239-244. The Gaiden acts as an intermission between the end of the first Naruto arc and the brand-new story arc, which skips ahead about 3 years into the future

The story surrounds a 12 year-old Kakashi Hatake, who embarks on a mission with his team, which includes another boy, named Obito Uchiha, a medical kunoichi named Rin, and their teacher, the future 4th Hokage (Yondaime). They were first seen in the team portrait from flashbacks at the conclusion of the Chunnin Exam arc.

This arc answers many questions about Kakashi's past. It is learned how Kakashi receives his Sharingan, the identity of Obito, and when Kakashi became a Jounin. It also gives a first glimpse of who the Yondaime was, when he was still alive.

The Characters

Below are some of the important characters seen in the Kakashi Gaiden.

Posted Image Kakashi Hatake

At the beginning of the Kakashi Gaiden, Kakashi, 12 years old, has just become a Jounin as he has shown that he is a powerful ninja.. Kakashi is like Sasuke because he is a fairly serious guy and does not respect his male teammate because of the belief that he is weak. The relationship of Kakashi and Obito, at the beginning of the Kakashi Gaiden, is like that of Sasuke and Naruto.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image Obito Uchiha

During the Kakashi Gaiden, Obito is a 12-year old Genin. Obito is like Naruto Uzumaku. He not only looks similar to him, but he acts similar to him. Like Naruto, Obito is goofy and not respected, initially at least, by his other male teammate. Also like Naruto though, he is ready to put his life on the line for his teammates without hesitation. Obito carries the blood of an Uchiha and has the power of the Sharingan within him. He does not actually awaken the Sharingan, though, until Kakashi gets hurt in an attempt to save Obito from a Rock Ninja.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image Rin

During the Kakashi Gaiden, Rin is a 12-year old Genin and is the kunoichi of the team. She is in soem ways like Sakura. Rin likes Kakashi like Sakura likes Sasuke and sort of ignores Obito the same way Sakura does to Naruto. She has the power to heal others as she is a medical ninja and is the one who took Obito's Sharingan eye and implanted it into Kakashi.

Posted Image The future 4th Hokage, Yondaime

During the Kakashi Gaiden, he is a Jounin and the sensei of Kakashi, Obito, and Rin. Not yet Hokage, he was referred to as ?Konoha's Yellow Flash? because of his yellow hair and amazing speed.

Posted Image Sakumo Hatake

Kakashi's father. He was regarded to be at the level of a legendary sannin, and was called Konoha's White Fang.

One day, at the time of an important mission, Sakumo's teammates were in trouble, so he decided to save his teammates rather than complete the mission. Sakumo was regarded as a coward for backing out of the mission, and the village residents of Konoha looked down on him. As a result, Sakumo felt dishonored and killed himself.

The Manga

The Kakashi Gaiden consists of six chapters. Below are the summaries of each of them.

Kakashi Gaiden Part 1: The Mission Stars

Posted Image

Posted ImageAt a meeting to hear their new mission, Kakashi receives gifts for advancement to Jounin from his teammate Rin and his Jounin sensei, the future Fourth Hokage. His other teammate Obito has forgotten a gift and becomes annoyed at Kakashi. Kakashi dismisses Obito as useless but Obito says once he awakens his Sharingan he will surpass Kakashi. The future Yondaime tells his team their mission so they travel through the Grass Country in the middle of a conflict between Hidden Rock Village and the Hidden Leaf Village. Spied on from the trees beyond by a ninja from Hidden Rock, Kakashi sees this as a good time to use his new attack - the Chidori.

Posted Image

Kakashi Gaiden Part 2: Teamwork

Posted ImageKakashi bolts away to attack their hidden foe. Faced with numerous Kage Bunshin (Shadow Clones), Kakashi cannot find the original ninja. The Rock ninja uses the mayhem to attack a defenseless Obito. But the quickness of the future Fourth Hokage rescues Obito and then he instantly transports in the blink of an eye using his Hiraishin no Jutsu to the location of their foe. The Rock ninja is shocked to have faced "Konoha's Yellow Flash" and fallen to him so easily. Kakashi calls Obito a coward and Obito later asks the man who become the Fourth, why Kakashi acts the way he does. The future Fourth Hokage tells him of how Kakashi's legendary father, Sakumo Hatake (also known as Konoha's White Fang), killed himself after the village looked down on him for rescuing his teammates rather than completing his mission.

Kakashi Gaiden Part 3: A True Hero

Posted Image

Posted ImageAfter Rin uses her abilities to heal one of Kakashi's wounds, the future Fourth Hokage tells the team they are now splitting up into two groups, one led by Kakashi and the future 4th going on alone. Kakashi then leads his team further into Rock territory to destroy their objective bridge. Two Rock ninja appear and ambush the trio; they manage to capture Rin and flee. Obito tells Kakashi he is going after Rin but Kakashi says they should complete their mission. Obito yells at Kakashi telling him his father was a true hero when he protected his precious friends. Obito then goes off on his own to save Rin.

Kakashi Gaiden Part 4

Posted ImageThe future Fourth Hokage arrives to help outnumbered Leaf-nin in battle by using his Hiraishin no Jutsu to take out their large number of opponents. Elsewhere in Kusa no Kuni, Kakashi reflects on Obito words. Obito himself finds at Rins' location but he is snuck up on by an invisible Rock ninja. Kakashi arrives to save Obito but gets his left eye slashed in the process. Obito is scared and begins to cry but he reaffirms himself and finally activates his Sharingan. Using it he sees his invisible attacker and kills him.

Kakashi Gaiden Part 5: A Gift

Posted ImageKakashi bandages his eye and the two Leaf ninja approach a cave to save the weakening Rin from the remaining Rock ninja. Using their skills they strike the Rock ninja and save Rin. When Obito throws Kakashi out of the way of a falling rock, caused by an Iwa ninja's Doton: Iwayado Kuzushi (Earth Release: Rock Lodging Destruction), his entire right side is crushed from that falling rock. Mortally wounded and knowing his life is over he tells Rin to remove his eye and offers Kakashi his Sharingan-capable, intact left eye as a belated promotion present and final gift to Kakashi for being promoted to Jounin. Obito tells Kakashi he is a great ninja and that he can become Kakashi's eye and help them all live on. A short time passes and Kakashi emerges from the rubble a holder of the Sharingan.

Kakashi Gaiden Part 6: The Sharingan Hero

Posted Image

Posted ImageWhen Kakashi emerges he strikes out against the Rock ninja and manages to kill him using his fully perfected Chidori. Rock ninjas arrive and cause a further cave-in, forcing Rin and Kakashi to leave Obito behind as the rubble envelops him. Angered, Kakashi goes to fight his opponents but he passes out from a lack of chakra. Rin uses the Fourth Hokage's gift to Kakashi, a special Hiraishin kunai, to bring the Hokage to their location to save them. Kakashi awakens to find their enemies defeated. The Fourth Hokage apologizes for not getting there more quickly. The remaining team members cherish their memories of Obito and go on to destroy the bridge.

Closing Notes

Obito, mentioned by Kakashi several times earlier in Naruto, is revealed to be a member of the Uchiha clan. But, unlike other noteworthy Uchiha including Sasuke and Itachi, Obito initially appears to be like Naruto in behavior, personality and ninja ability, while Kakashi is the acknowledged genius and leader of the group. Obito initially appears without the Sharingan ability. He then later awakens it when Kakashi saves him from a Rock village ninja.

The gaiden also explains the origin of the scar on Kakashi's left eye. In the earlier arcs, it was believed that Kakashi's left eye scar came from the surgical implantation of the Sharingan eye. However, in chapter 242 of the Naruto manga, the scar on Kakashi's left eye appears now to have come from a battle with a Rock ninja. Kakashi detects a Rock ninja, and yells his warning at his teammate, Uchiha Obito, who is too slow to react. Kakashi jumps in front of Obito to save him from the enemy's kunai and thus Kakashi's left eye is slashed to form the scar that Kakashi still has today, blinding him in the left side. Obito saw Kakashi injured, and had flashbacks of his laziness, and lame excuses about getting tardy, which made him realize how Kakashi loved him as a friend, even though he disliked Kakashi. With that anger, Obito awakened his Sharingan.

Obito's Sharingan eye only has two tomoe, implying that Kakashi succeeds in fully evolving the eye to its third stage and eventually even the Mangekyo form at a later time.

It would also appear that Kakashi's beliefs came from Obito. Obito was the one who said that those who don't care about their comrades are worse than those who don't follow the rules. Kakashi reflected on this principle during Team 7's bell test. It seems that principle is Obito's legacy to Kakashi who visits his grave before every mission, which explains his infamous habit of tardiness.

The eventual fate of Rin has yet to be revealed, but on a number of occasions Kakashi has told people in the present that the people he cared deepest for were all dead. This would seem to imply Rin loses her life at some point after the Kakashi Gaiden but before the onset of the main Naruto story. It seems as though, like Sakura and Sasuke, Rin had feelings for Kakashi that were slightly one-sided in the onset.

Also, the man who would become the 4th Hokage (Yondaime) is never referred to by name, which adds to fan speculation that he is perhaps Naruto's father.

Posted Image

It is common sense naruto father is the 4th hokage they have the same hair they both know the same techniques plus they both or the only people who are training with jiraya. Also he might not be his father either cause a lot of other people had died when the nine tails fox had attack. So one of those people who died could have been his dad. There is 80% chance that the 4th hokage is his dad.

well i've been researching this matter for a while about a year or two anyways the name suspected to be of the fourth hokage is either arashi kazama or arashi Uzumaki as in narutos father for those who are kinda slow...anyways i've been talking with the actual creator of the show and he said it wasn't intended to be narutos father but in the end they might just flip it around and make it where he is ok the two team mates i remember that arashi tought were Kakashi Hatake And Obito Uchiha which if im correct was sasukes father ok well anyways if you can rewatch the episode where naruto signs the scroll to summon a toad pause it when it shows a good shot behind him right next to where he is writing is arashis signing and they made it look like jibberish to confuse people anyways(Note:That pissed me off big time :P ) and so there is a comic strip that someone edited to where it was making people think that the fourth hokage(Arashi)was the leader of the akatsuki(Itachi and others) and so if your wondering where i got all of this well go to http://www.absoluteanime.com/ then go to anime profiles then type in naruto click on the naruto and scroll down to the charecter list then click on yondaime and it should show you all about it and everything also you can go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and look up some episodes in the shippedun series and learn some about that stuff and that is all that i know about that stuff see me if you want more links i know alot of naruto info sites thanx and have fun with that shiz :(

Yeah, the resemblence is pretty clear. But think bout it this way..it's alot better not knowing the parents. Come to think of it, is it becoming a trend for anime series' lately to simply the background of their characters? It just feels so to me anyway..

Edited by Lethe (see edit history)

This is what wikiapedia says about The Fourth Hokage: The Fourth shares many similarities with Naruto, including the same spiky blond hair, blue eyes, same techniques, the same blood type (;), and overall similar personalities as noted by Jiraiya. Itachi Uchiha noted Naruto to be the Fourth's "legacy". Furthermore, when Jiraiya was trying to force Naruto to release his demon fox chakra, he pushed Naruto off of a cliff, saying, "Forgive me, Fourth," as he did so. OK try this theory on...I don't think Naruto has any parents because clones don't have parents. What's that you say?! Naruto is a clone?! Yes I think The Fourth created an advance clone-jitsu that allowed him to make a perfect living clone of himself. He than used his perfect clone to trap the nine-tailed demon in. This also explains why Naruto's favorite jitsu is his shadow clone jitsu. I believe in time Naruto will develope his clone jitsu to where his clones will have the ability to use jitsu also. Imagine five Naruto's using five different jitsus at the same time from different directions; he will be unstoppable. I'd like to know what you guys think.

Nope , I don't think that Naruto is a clone. I still think that he is Yondaime Hokage's ( a.k.a. Fourth Hokage) son, because, like others said before, he has blond spikey hair, same blue eyes , same blood type( B ), and like Jiraya said , a similar personality as the Fourth, and furthermore Naruto would have been a genius nin if he had been raised in a normal family environment. His normal chakra( without that of the Kyuubi) is twice that of Kakashi and his control is bad only because his body uses some of it to reject the Fox's chakra. On top of this he is similar to the fourth in the fact that he is fast as in the speed in which he moves and , most important , in which he thinks in a battle , always making a good plan for those realy hard one's ( this is shown when Zabuza Momochi trappes Kakashi and even better when he defeates Neji , the supervisor claming that even in that situation Naruto was able to make up a good plan) just like Yondaime. And I am positive he is not a clone since in part II Jiraya said that Naruto was the only one capable of surpassing the Fourth.( One can't surpass oneself... he can only improve). Finally I think that Naruto is Yondaime's son because of the way he wished that "Naruto be seen as a hero"(he isn't the hero title-seeking tipe).PS Sorry about my poor spelling

[sorry I forgot to mention this..] Another suggestion to the fact that Naruto is not a clone comes at the beginning of the anime (I've only seen the anime) where it says that the Fourth saved Konoha by sealing the Kyuubi in a NEWBORN (he is BORN, not cloned) who' s umbilical cord has just been cut.

I have another question:

Are you sure that Obito Uchiha survied that rock tehnique?

There are some speculations that Obito could be Tobi of the Akatsuki.If his right eye had not been crushed it would explain why Tobi wears a mask with a hole on that particular side.Or he may have been saved by the Akatsuki and brainwashed. Also the spikey hair resembles that of Obito, and his personality is kinda goofy just like Naruto's and Obito.Finally his Akatsuki fellow member Zetsu called him a "good boy" giving some clues about his age.

What do you think?

well i've been researching this matter for a while about a year or two anyways the name suspected to be of the fourth hokage is either arashi kazama or arashi Uzumaki as in narutos father for those who are kinda slow...anyways i've been talking with the actual creator of the show and he said it wasn't intended to be narutos father but in the end they might just flip it around and make it where he is ok the two team mates i remember that arashi tought were Kakashi Hatake And Obito Uchiha which if im correct was sasukes father ok well anyways if you can rewatch the episode where naruto signs the scroll to summon a toad pause it when it shows a good shot behind him right next to where he is writing is arashis signing and they made it look like jibberish to confuse people anyways(Note:That pissed me off big time :) ) and so there is a comic strip that someone edited to where it was making people think that the fourth hokage(Arashi)was the leader of the akatsuki(Itachi and others) and so if your wondering where i got all of this well go to http://www.absoluteanime.com/ then go to anime profiles then type in naruto click on the naruto and scroll down to the charecter list then click on yondaime and it should show you all about it and everything also you can go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and look up some episodes in the shippedun series and learn some about that stuff and that is all that i know about that stuff see me if you want more links i know alot of naruto info sites thanx and have fun with that shiz :)

Ok I'm like 95% sure that the 4th Hokage is Naruto's dad. As for what you said about Obito, I don't think so. Sasuke's parents were killed by his big brother Itachi, and I don't think Obito could have survived that rock thing, not to mention that he gave Kakashi his left eye, and as far as I know, Sasuke's dad had 2 eyes.

ever since the Frog Hermit told naruto that he looked like the fourth I've been wondering if they were family. Even more than that, Ever since episode 2 i've been wondering who Narutos parents are and where are they now and how were they convinced to let that be done to their baby? If the fourth was his father, it answers all the questions in one though. Well, not about his mother... but yeah. Glad to know i'm not the only one wondering this, too bad it's not out there somewheres. :lol: oh well, must resort to fanfics for ideas on this lol =)Someone said something about watching all the episodes free... saiyanisland[dot]com links to free downloads of naruto but some are missing (all the 1 hr specials and a few others). eps 1-200 you can only dl 1 every 2 hrs unless you pay (because of the file host) and the later episodes its like 3-4 a day or something (i havent tried to download them yet) I bought a 48 hour permit from rapid share thursday afternoon and got up to episode 140 that evening. However, they expired my pass first thing saturday morning rather than a full 48 hours. Just a warning to anyone else who tries this. buy it on thursday, it's good for the rest of thursday and all friday, not really a full 48 hrs. I'll buy another one if i feel like downloading more. Someone on youtube sent me a link to a website where you can watch all the episodes free (including shippuden/hurricane chronicles) but personnally i like the subtitles of the ones i downloaded better so I only watch them online if I don't have it downloaded (and the ones i downloaded are much better quality. anyway, the website is tv-links[dot]co[dot]uk[slash]show[dot]do[slash]3[slash]221 :D ~Nancie :D:XD::P

hey im new anyways i have seen all of the 1-238 and from what i gather the 4th is naruto's fatherplus there are striking simmalarits(sp?) plus when ever i look for naruto pics i always find him with the 4th i believe that eventualy that they makers will tell us who his father is :D

*Spoilers* From the Naruto Manga (The Japanese comic book Naruto is based on)

Arashi Kazeme

Arashi Kazame who later became known as Yondaime Hokage. (Yondaime is the Japanese word for fourth.) Now so far this would mean that because they don't have the same last name, Arashi could not be Naruto's father. However Arashi did not marry Naruto's mother (His mother is not yet revealed in the manga) and such Naruto kept his mother's maiden name. The fourth Hokage was trained by Jiraiya (why Jiraiya takes Naruto under his wing) Jiraiya was trained by the third Hokage. Naruto's mother died shortly after he was born, Arashi blamed the village for her death (reason is unknown) faked his death during the encounter with the nine tailed demon fox (which he sealed into his son Naruto) Later he founded Akatsuki. Some members are Rin, Uchiha Obito, Uchiha Itachi, and Orochimaru. (None of the others are significant, atleast until Naruto Shippuuden when the Akatsuki capture and kill Gara extracting the demon sealed in him.)

Kakashi - From Kakashi Gaiden: A side manga to Naruto

Like his father, Sakumo Hatake whose skills have been compared to that of the Legendary Ninja, Kakashi is considered a genius shinobi, graduating from the Ninja Academy at age 5 and achieving the rank of Chunin at 6. A few years after these accomplishments, Kakashi's father was disgraced by the village for abandoning a mission in favor of saving his comrades, which cost the Land of Fire dearly. Because of the shame he felt, Sakumo committed seppuku, leaving Kakashi to bear witness to the event. After his father's suicide, Kakashi began to adhere strictly to the rules of the shinobi – in particular the rule dictating that the success of the mission must come before the well being of one's teammates, causing him to become arrogant, humorless, and by-the-book.

At the age of 13, Kakashi achieved Jonin status. As a reward for his accomplishment, he was assigned to lead his team on a sabotage mission to blow up a bridge in order to prevent enemy forces from attacking Konoha. Shortly after the mission started, Kakashi's teammate, Rin was captured by enemy shinobi. Kakashi's other teammate, Obito Uchiha immediately stated his intention to save her, but Kakashi said they had to focus on completing the mission, opting not to make the same mistake his father had. Though Kakashi believed that they had to complete their objective, Obito eventually convinced him that his father had done the right thing in saving his teammates, causing Kakashi to join in on the rescue effort.

During their attempt to save Rin, Kakashi lost his left eye as a result of an enemy ninja's attack. To protect Kakashi, Obito managed to awaken his Sharingan and killed Kakashi's assailant. Soon after saving Rin, Obito again saved Kakashi, pushing him out of the way of another enemy's rock-dislodging attack but getting crushed in the process. Shortly before he died, Obito had Rin (a medical ninja) implant his Sharingan eye in Kakashi's damaged eye socket as a gift. As his first act with his new eye, Kakashi avenged Obito by killing the enemy ninja with his now-perfected Chidori technique, bringing the Kakashi of today into being.

Years later Kakashi would become a member of the Konohagakure ANBU where he served as a squad leader. During this time, he had several kōhai, named Yugao Uzuki and Tenzo, and recognized the latter as the most successful of his kōhai. It is unknown why he left ANBU, but he still wears iron guards on his gloves, a characteristic of ANBU uniforms.

Obito's death profoundly changed Kakashi, and Kakashi adopted many of Obito's traits. One such trait was Obito's concept of teamwork, which is most clearly seen in the way Kakashi tests newly-graduated students hoping to become a squad under him. He uses the bell test to test his students, which requires the three students to get the two bells he keeps on his person. Only those who get a bell get to pass, which would be difficult even with teamwork, as at least one ninja would fail regardless. However, the rule is only a ruse; the point of the test is to foster teamwork and to teach the students that teamwork is more important than the rules. Team 7 is the only team to realize this, and as such becomes the only team Kakashi passes into Genin-status. Kakashi also inherits Obito's chronic tardiness, due primarily to losing track of time during his frequent visits to Konoha's memorial site, where Obito's name is engraved. Ironically, this very habit is one that Kakashi was often annoyed by Obito about. Obito was primarily late due to random good deeds.

Kakashi's personal life appears to be as much of a mystery as the face behind the mask he has worn for most of his ninja career. He has no living family, or at least none he cares to acknowledge, and he's confirmed that everyone he loves is already dead. He is immediately recognizable as the son of (or mistaken for) his father, the "White Fang of Konoha" (Konoha no Shiroi Kiba?). Though his face has never been seen, episode 101, which is devoted to Team 7 trying to remove their sensei's mask, implies that he is in fact quite handsome.

Kakashi has an ongoing, albeit slightly one-sided, rivalry with Might Guy, with Guy constantly proclaiming that Kakashi is his rival. Kakashi, however, seems indifferent to their rivalry, which annoys Guy to no end. Guy randomly challenges Kakashi to contests of skill, and Kakashi has acquired a record of 49 wins and 50 losses in doing so. Given that the contests that make up this figure are so varied (ranging from Rock, Paper, Scissors to sumo-wrestling), this it is not much of an achievement on Guy's part. Nevertheless, Guy is proud of his record.

Though he reportedly has many hobbies, the one pastime seen most in the series is his reading of "Icha Icha Paradise" (Icha Icha Paradaisu?, literally "Make Out Paradise"), an adult novel authored by Jiraiya that is a runaway bestseller in the Naruto world. Kakashi most prominently reads it while training and speaking with his team, and is later seen reading the second known volume in the series, "Icha Icha Violence" (Icha Icha Baiorensu?, literally "Make Out Violence"). In Part II (Shippuuden) Naruto gives him the new "Icha Icha Tactics" (Icha Icha Takutikusu?, literally "Make Out Tactics"), which, during their second bell test, Naruto manages to use against him by attempting to spoil the ending and thus distracting Kakashi.

Notice from rvalkass:

ok first ... when itachi comes back to konoha for naruto but kakashi interferes and kakasi asks him what are u here for .... itachi says " I'm here for the legacy of the 4th " and then Kakashi immediatley thinks NARUTO :XD: :)